PDA

View Full Version : The colour of red wine or very ripe cherries...

Svenja
February 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hello!

I've been looking for a hair colour like dark red (burgundy) wine or very ripe cherries for ages, but none of the colours I tried have turned out the way I wanted it.
I have tried Henna/Indigo as natural colours, but first of all the result was not what I wanted, nor did my hair like Henna/Indigo (baaad allergy :mad: ). So then I tried chemical colours, but none of them had the colour result I was aiming for either.

The colour I'd like to have is quite dark with the red only visible in natural light and when I move my head. It should not be brownish but not intense red either. Just dark with a hint of ruby.

Something like that but quite a lot darker:
http://images.smarter.com/blogs/guests/red%20hair%20burgundy%20hair.JPG

Do you have any advise for me on how to achieve this colour? Or is it just not achievable?

If you have any product recommendations for me: I live in the UK, so not all products might be available here.

Thanks for reading! :)

sibylla
February 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
When I did henndigo (henna+indigo) my hair looked almost black in some light and outside I had ruby reflections. It was great for my hair but I wanted a little redder. The henndigo treatment is described in several threads here if you´re interested.

Shermie Girl
February 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Okay, henna and indigo are out. Do you have Feria hair colour over there? If so, their shade Chocolate Cherry might do the trick. Maybe mix Chocolate Cherry and a very dark, intense ruby red permanent colour together to get that deep, dark, intense red that shifts in different lighting.

Yes, it is perfectly okay to mix different shades and tones. In fact, doing so gives you a unique to you personal colour. :D

Don't forget to strand test before you commit your dye to your whole head. It is easier to toss a few hairballs then try to get an entire head full of dye to go away if you don't like it. ;)

morguebabe
February 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
SPX Blood Red (http://www.amphigory.com/se_blood_red.html)

Roseate
February 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Are you allergic to henna, or indigo? Or both?

Dreams_in_Pink
February 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
sorry to hear about your allergy :(

I haven't tried it, but many people here use manic panic for colours like that. you might also need to bleach if you hair's as dark as in your avatar.

by the way, if you still have some indigo in your hair, be careful with bleach & do a strand test. I heard that indigoed hair goes green when bleached.

Svenja
February 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
There's no way i could use Hendigo as I am severly allergic to Henna. I do not want to bleach my hair either. If I want to achieve a very dark red, I don't see a necessity for it (well i hope!).
Thanks for the advice on Feria and the Special Effects Blod Red, I have to see if I can find it here. TA!

morguebabe
February 6th, 2010, 03:08 PM
the site i linked to may ship to the UK and im sure you get a very deep red with out bleaching with that one.