PDA

View Full Version : The Mini-Milestone Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

FrannyG
February 6th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I thought I'd start this thread so that we can share the little mini-milestones that are too minor for a full thread on their own, but make us go :happydance:. I did a search, but couldn't find a thread like this.

I reached a mini-milestone a few days ago. I can now reach behind my back with my hand and grab the ends of my hair again. Just two weeks ago, I couldn't do it without leaning my head back a bit, or contorting.

Love these mini-milestones! That's what keeps me loving the journey all over again!!! :hollie:

JenniferNoel
February 6th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Woohoo! Way to go you. :D
Last night, I was able to put my hair over the relatively high back of my chair, and grab my hair from around the bottom left side of the chair. I felt it and was like... for real?
Next stop, "BSL" (below seat level)! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

FrannyG
February 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Yesssssss, JenniferNoel!!! Way to go! :cheer: That's what I'm talking about. :)

Sissy
February 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
congrats! You're hair is looking lovely!

SlightlySoprano
February 6th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Sort of mini-milestone for me, last night I was able to put my hair in a nice, tight english braid for the first time!

Garnet66
February 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
What a great thread. Thanks for starting it FrannyG. I can finally bend over and see my hair hanging down. I know that it doesn't sound like much but it's huge for me.

CrisDee
February 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Mine is so small it probably doesn't even qualify as mini - but the mullet part of my growing out pixie is finally long enough (maybe an inch) that it's lying outside my collar at this point instead of poking down my collar and driving me nuts! Really doesn't sound like much at all, but the less my hair drives me nuts, the more likely I am not to cut it :cheese:

FrannyG
February 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I love these stories, and honestly every one of them is a big deal!!!! There is no mini-milestone too mini for this thread. :blossom:

celelu
February 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Last night, as I was leaning backwards from sitting to laying on my bed after brushing my hair (I sleep with my hair loose since my cats have a room of their own and don't come and chew it when I'm asleep), my hair got stuck under my butt... I'm not anything near classical, and it didn't happen before I was maybe halfway down, but hey! That's a mini-milestone!
:D
Congratulations to all, keep growing...

trillcat
February 6th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Mine is so small it probably doesn't even qualify as mini - but the mullet part of my growing out pixie is finally long enough (maybe an inch) that it's lying outside my collar at this point instead of poking down my collar and driving me nuts! Really doesn't sound like much at all, but the less my hair drives me nuts, the more likely I am not to cut it :cheese:

That is a great milestone! I remember when I grew out my pixie it was the WORST when my hair fell inside my collar, so itchy and annoying!!! Congrats on not being driven nuts!

RoseRedDead
February 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
This isn't a length milestone, but styling milestone. I can now successfully French braid my hair!! :D I never ever thought I would be able to do that in my entire life.

missjessiecakes
February 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM
This isn't a length milestone, but styling milestone. I can now successfully French braid my hair!! :D I never ever thought I would be able to do that in my entire life.

I second this one!

Lets see I can almost get all of my hair in a pony except for my bangs
and the most important one the curl is starting to stay in my hair! :DIt gets curlier as it gets longer and its been too short to keep the curls.

InTheCity
February 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Great thread! I recently started feeling my hair tug behind me when I'm sitting on the couch and certain chairs. :D

kelly-j
February 6th, 2010, 01:20 PM
great idea for a thread!
These last days I noticed that my hair keeps getting trapped in my armpit (?!) when its loose. Of course it makes me happy, since it meens my hair is getting longer :cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
February 6th, 2010, 01:23 PM
i can throw my hair over my shoulder now :D

Heidi_234
February 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM
My hair hung very close to my knees when I flipped it over in the shower today. Yay!

janeytilllie
February 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I can nearly reach waist when my hair is wet in the shower :)

Cheeks1206
February 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
My mini milestone is my hair can touch my collarbones! Even the "bangs" can touch. I'm hoping to make it to BSL by this time next year so I'm super psyched about this!

Pixna
February 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Great thread idea, Franny!!

I also can touch the ends of my hair when I reach around my back! Woohoo! (I wouldn't have even tried this if it hadn't been for your post!)

I can do a bun -- a real bun! -- with all of my hair. I've been wearing it up for several days in a row now.

My husband rolled over on my hair the other night and it got stuck underneath him. It was annoying (I had to wake him up so he could get off of it), but at the time I also thought "Wow! My hair is long enough to spill over into my husband's space! Cool!" :smirk:

Yozhik
February 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Pixna, the same happened to me with my DBF rolled over onto my hair! It was a little painful, but I love the fact that it's long enough :)

In terms of styling milestones, I learned how to make a Chinese bun!!! :D Although, really, I think my hair needs to be a teeny bit longer for it to look good . . .

eternallyverdan
February 6th, 2010, 08:13 PM
This is a weird one, but I'm growing my hair back from a trim and it's finally longer than the hem of one of my dresses! Those are really the only milestones between butt and knee-- watching my hair getting longer than my skirts.

curlycrown
February 6th, 2010, 08:52 PM
My mini milestone is that for the first time, today I was able to french braid my hair and I actually had a hanging braid of about 3 inches. That is great considering I am just able to make a sock bun where my hair completely covers the "sock"! :)

jaine
February 6th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I thought I'd start this thread so that we can share the little mini-milestones that are too minor for a full thread on their own, but make us go :happydance:. I did a search, but couldn't find a thread like this.

I reached a mini-milestone a few days ago. I can now reach behind my back with my hand and grab the ends of my hair again. Just two weeks ago, I couldn't do it without leaning my head back a bit, or contorting.

Love these mini-milestones! That's what keeps me loving the journey all over again!!! :hollie:

Is it weird that I can do this without leaning my head back, and it's not even chin length yet? :) I feel like a pretzel... :)

But I did have a mini-milestone too recently ... full ear coverage!

:cheese:

marikamt
February 6th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I had two mini-milestones this past week... My buns are not losing pieces of my layers and are actually staying bunned for my whole shift at work
AND..... (drumroll please)...... I have had at least 7 people tell me "Wow, your hair is getting REALLY long" this week :D
(that one was my favorite!!!)

loralie
February 6th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I think the biggest milestone for me is actually "feeling" the weight of my hair on my back, something I haven't felt for ever! :D

RocketDog
February 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm officially BSL after a long, long, loooong time meandering past APL territory. Of course, my hair only brushes it when wet or pulled taut, but it counts! I've been loving the whole reach-behind-the-back thing lately because not only can I brush the ends, but I can actually grab the hair now. I'll be REALLY pleased when I can feel my braid dangling down far enough to grab!

Cheeks1206
February 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I have another mini-milestone! I finally have enough length with all my pixie layers to do a double french braid. I might be able to manage a single, but I'm not sure.

Shermie Girl
February 7th, 2010, 11:11 PM
This is a great thread. :D

My mini milestone is that I am finally back in a large Ficcare. And I am starting to use sticks, again. :cheese:

terryn
February 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Yay! This thread has come at a good time for me as I am getting discouraged (and people keep telling me they miss my mohawk, which is not helping) because my growth seems to have slowed phenomenally.

Anyway, my mini-milestone: when I put on shirts now, I have to pull my hair out from under the collar. I have never, ever, had to do this before!

WaitingSoLong
February 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
What an awesome thread!

Like some mentioned, I love being able to casually reach behind my back and play with the ends of my hair hanging down.

I have had several long-time favorite hair milestones as I cut and recut over the years. One was always being able to put any strand of hair I wanted into my mouth. Once I got past that, It was being able to keep it tucked inside my shirt (and it stay there, or flipping it over my shoulders (to front) and it stay there. Then brading it and being able to flip it in front and it stay there.

Now that I am past waist...

One I reached recently is that, while I am driving, I am sitting up (duh, right?) and whoever is next to me inevitably rests their elbow on my hair which ends up on the arm rest between seats. So I cannot move my head and have to say...hey...can you get your elbow off my hair? It must be a magic length, because it never happened before recently and now it happens everytime I wear my hair down in the car.

The other I am just BARELY able to do is, when I am undressed and ny hair is down, my hair usually hangs down but I cannot feel it on my back because the ends are below waist but in the hollow area that curves inward (the curve of my spine). I have been waiting for it to be long enough (dry and not pulled tight) to finally touch that area BELOW the curve of my spine just above my butt! Yay!

And, I tied my hair into my robe belt the other day on accident.

But my favorite MMS (mini-mile stone) is that,when wet or pulled straight, it is hip length!

My next MMSs will be: being able to tuck it in my pants (could probably do this now if it wasn't for low-rise jeans), and a solid 35" which will offically be the longest my hair has ever been in my life.

curlycrown
February 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Congratz to all of you on your mini milestones!

jasper
February 9th, 2010, 06:59 PM
My hair is long enough now to get caught in the waistband of my undies.:ohmy:

xoxophelia
February 9th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Umm... when I run my hand through a lock of hair off my crown, pulling it straight up, the tip ends past how far I can reach with my arm. I thought it was interesting anyways haha

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM

I can do the same thing now, but barely. Just last month I couldn't do that. I guess some progress is better than no progress:cheese:

Arrow Juniper
February 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I feel my hair caught between my back and the chair. I can't wait to feel it tickle the backs of my elbows. Wonderful thread.

GlassEyes
February 10th, 2010, 12:35 AM
My hair gets stuck under my backpack straps now. It seems like it just happened overnight.

It's also really annoying. XD;

Oh, and I can wear semi-half up things without my hair puffing out like a triangle now! :D It's finally starting to feel long.

LittleDreamer
February 10th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I second hair getting caught under the armpit!! It's such a good feeling :cheese:

georgia_peach
February 10th, 2010, 07:08 AM
My bangs almost reach my lips. I'm terrible about whacking off my bangs when I just want them to grow. I don't know how long it's been since they've been this long! Yeah!!!

enfys
February 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
When I woke up this moring my old fringe wasn't all in my eyes because it escaped my braid! Who knew it had to be collarbone+ before if stopped coming loose?

halo_tightens
February 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Great thread! I recently started feeling my hair tug behind me when I'm sitting on the couch and certain chairs. :D

Yep, me too! I'm now leaning back against my hair when I sit on the couch with it loose, and I can feel it rubbing when I move. (I thought everyone said that started happening at BSL?! I'm APL!)

I know, I know-- this is a BAD thing, lol! I'm going to have to stop wearing it down when I'm lounging around on the couch in the evenings if I don't want to destroy my ends.

But-- it's actually an issue now! Hooray!!! :D :cheese:

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Congrats on everyone's mini- and major-milestones!! :rockerdud The only one I've really hit lately has been finally making it to fingertip length. It's about half an inch shorter than mid-thigh length, body-wise, but it's something I've been waiting for again. I thought I'd be thicker by the time I got here, but maintaining is my friend and I'm no stranger to it. ;)

Arctic
February 12th, 2010, 04:37 AM
My milestone suits this thread well :) Today I was able to make my first a lazy wrap bun since I cut my hair to shoulder last autumn :D It was one of my favourite styles and I am thrilled to have it back into my repertoir!

Congratulations everyone of your great milestones!

Newniepg
February 12th, 2010, 05:03 AM
My mini- milestone is that the other day I got deodorant on the ends of my hair! It was yucky and cause for celebration at the same time!

Had to share, it hasn't happened before!

:)

Arctic
February 12th, 2010, 05:08 AM
My mini- milestone is that the other day I got deodorant on the ends of my hair! It was yucky and cause for celebration at the same time!

Had to share, it hasn't happened before!

:)

Lol Newniepg, that's :cheese:worthy!

Qadupae
February 12th, 2010, 05:11 AM
My mini-milestone is that my hair growing growing fast enough for me to cut my bangs 3 times between mid January till today! I can actually get away with wearing headbands now too instead of snoods all the time, so my hair must be getting longer ^_^

trillcat
February 12th, 2010, 05:24 AM
My hair is longer than my towel! :cheese:
Noticed this as I CO'ed just a few minutes ago, I have a good inch of ends that peek out of the towel turban!
Same towel I always use, wondered why my shirt was always damp while hair all up in towel turban.
*Snoopy happy dance*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQX2B67KL4

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 05:42 AM
NEW mini-milestone to report! I am able to do a Pencil Bun with a single hairstick!!! This is something I've wanted to do for years. Even when my hair was long before I couldn't do a decent bun and get it to stay in with a single stick. This opens up a whole new world (of hair toys!!) for me! Yippeeeeeee!!! :happydance:

myrrhmaiden
February 12th, 2010, 06:47 AM
...I can now reach behind my back with my hand and grab the ends of my hair again. Just two weeks ago, I couldn't do it without leaning my head back a bit, or contorting....

I just noticed this about a week ago!!!! Yay!!! It made me so happy too. Purse straps and seat belts have started causing problems as well, which is new. Oh! and the other day I got in the car and when I shut the door I realized some of my hair had gotten caught in the stripping! I couldn't believe it reached!
:D:cheese:

Ravenne
February 12th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I noticed this morning that my bangs have hit the bottom of my chin! :) Been waiting for this for a long time! I can already put them back into a french braid if I start kind of high up on my head, but I can't wait until they'll fit into an english.

bumblebums
February 12th, 2010, 08:36 AM
NEW mini-milestone to report! I am able to do a Pencil Bun with a single hairstick!!! This is something I've wanted to do for years. Even when my hair was long before I couldn't do a decent bun and get it to stay in with a single stick. This opens up a whole new world (of hair toys!!) for me! Yippeeeeeee!!! :happydance:

Yay, congrats, Pixna! I knew you could do it! :)

My milestones: (i) hair is now heavy enough to straighten out partially even on the first day after a wash. I think I will sort of miss the all-around curls, but I like having straight hair, too. (ii) I can feel my braid tickling me between my shoulder blades. I haven't felt that since 9th grade, I think...

Pixna
February 12th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Yay, congrats, Pixna! I knew you could do it! :)

My milestones: (i) hair is now heavy enough to straighten out partially even on the first day after a wash. I think I will sort of miss the all-around curls, but I like having straight hair, too. (ii) I can feel my braid tickling me between my shoulder blades. I haven't felt that since 9th grade, I think...

Heehee! Thanks, Bumblebums!! :D

I can't wait until I can feel my hair (and braid) tickling me between my shoulder blades. That is such a heavenly sensation. Congrats, Bumblebums!!

MandyBeth
February 12th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Ok, it's a weird milestone.... But I'm taking what I can get....

I have a good 1/2" of roots needing to be touched up - and I have not had scissors removing the bottom 1/2"...... So I'm 1/2" longer now!!!!!! Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at a weird length - front is just chin now, back is the pixie-grow-out mullet issue that is getting in my collar or tangling in a necklace when I slouch at work. Annoying, but hey, it's there at least....

Samitra
February 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I can now successfully do a pencil bun! (I found a tutorial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34)) There are some layers poking out, but other than that it looks quite neat.

It's great that I've learned a new, easy updo, since my hair is almost a bit long for my favourite hair clip. Doing a neat French twist secured with this particular clip is just getting harder and harder.

So that's actually two mini-milestones :cheese:

hanne jensen
February 14th, 2010, 02:23 AM
This morning I could reach behind my back and grab my hair! I've NEVER in my life been able to do that!

2peasinapod
February 14th, 2010, 02:46 AM
A couple months ago, I bought some hair elastics and clips thinking "I'll never have enough hair to be able to use these". Last month, I put my hair in a pony and was able to clip it up - barely.

Today, I did the same thing, but I keep having to readjust the clip as it keeps falling out from all my hair!:cheese:

MandyBeth, I'm at about same length as you. It's so annoying! Long enough to tangle, get caught, and just get in the way, but not long enough to actually do any styles with! Congratulations on your mini milestone (and everyone else, too :)), and hope this awkward length passes soon!

Pixna
February 14th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I can now successfully do a pencil bun! (I found a tutorial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34)) There are some layers poking out, but other than that it looks quite neat.

Me, too!!! I LOVE this bun, and I'm so thrilled with it, I've been wearing it every single day. :joy:

HildeMV
February 14th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Mostly what I call mini-milestones for myself are when it hits a milestone wet in the shower. I love it when I can finally feel it reach a goal. :)

AstrayStar
February 14th, 2010, 07:58 AM
My hair is almost long enough for hair sticks - the other day I got it to stay up in a hair stick for a few hours before it fell out!

HairyCarrie
February 14th, 2010, 08:21 AM
My first unexpected mini-milestone was when my DD15 cut her long hair above her shoulders and I instantly became the longhair in the family! Oh happy day. And since I will never be shorter than I am "today" I'll always be the longhair.

I also enjoy little minis like when my hair reaches a certain mole, crevice in my back or bathing suit tan mark. Silly yes, but that's part of keeping it fun :smile:

Carolyn
February 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM
My little front wispies are hitting shoulder/collar bone length. That hair just doesn't seem to grow.

Pixna
February 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
My little front wispies are hitting shoulder/collar bone length. That hair just doesn't seem to grow.

I have that same problem, Carolyn. Those "wispies" are what formed my Bozo tufts. Remember those? Growing out this time I was hoping they would disappear. Sadly, they're back. I don't know if they'll ever get as long as yours have. That's a wonderful mini-milestone!

Tonks
February 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I finished my first french braid! My arms were killing me when I was done. I'm pretty proud of it, but I'm sure when I take it out I'll have a lot of tangles to get through. It was easier to do after I sprayed my hair a bit with water. It held very well through my nap this afternoon :)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/522/frenchfeb142010.jpg

bumblebums
February 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I finished my first french braid! My arms were killing me when I was done. I'm pretty proud of it, but I'm sure when I take it out I'll have a lot of tangles to get through. It was easier to do after I sprayed my hair a bit with water. It held very well through my nap this afternoon :)

Congrats! They get easier with practice. Honestly, nowadays, it's easier for me to make a French braid look good than a regular English three-strand. And I promise you, you'll have far fewer tangles if you wear your hair in a braid than if you wear it down!

FrannyG
February 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I am so enjoying this thread. I find each one of these mini-milestones to be so exciting! :cloud9:

angelthadiva
February 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
My silver tinsel is now tickling my shoulders.

For those who don't know; I threw away the dye bottle 13 months ago! ;) Happily growing grey, and embracing my silvers along the way!!! :joy:

girloctopus
February 14th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I did my first French braid in years and it looks decent! I haven't thought to do one for at least er, ten years (omg), and despite listing slightly to one side, it looks pretty neat. Yay getting back into braiding :cheer:

ArienEllariel
February 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm finally at "Can I call this Arm Pit Length"? It's really awesome. I can now make a teeny bun that I feel looks decent enough to go out somewhere wearing and I can make a really short English Braid. If I could get out of the Doldrums of Upper Back I'd be very happy indeed.

Edit: I just noticed something else. I had my hair tucked behind my ears and I was looking down at my shirt and thinking about something and noticed the ends of my hair were still in view. I'm sure most of you see your hair like this all the time, but that was a first for me. lol sounds silly I know, but I notice these little things.

Samitra
February 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Me, too!!! I LOVE this bun, and I'm so thrilled with it, I've been wearing it every single day. :joy:

Hooray for the pencil bun! :cheese:

littlemoon
February 15th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Edit: I just noticed something else. I had my hair tucked behind my ears and I was looking down at my shirt and thinking about something and noticed the ends of my hair were still in view. I'm sure most of you see your hair like this all the time, but that was a first for me. lol sounds silly I know, but I notice these little things.

this is a BIG deal to me. I don't exactly know why, probably because I always see other girls looking down and playing with they're hair, and I only have the two options of playing with it and not looking or holding it up to my face and going cross eyed. I've never been able to look down and see
it before- I am very happy for you and I understand completely!

ps- I can almost do it, too :)

Benjamin_T
February 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
- (few years ago) when my hair was finally long enough to be securely tucked away behind my ears. Next, as my hair continued to grow longer and longer, it was finally long enough to be secured by a tie at the nape.

- Next, as my ponytail continued to grow longer and fuller, and then, I could finally loosen up/pull the tie lower, but with all of my hair still very securely contained.

- (at present) When I realized that my ponytail is long & even enough to braid completely. (Still have the need to learn how to braid properly though.. I'm terrible at it, but it braided.)

Waiting for my next milestone..

Long hair is so nice & cool! :cool:

hanne jensen
February 16th, 2010, 03:16 AM
For the first time in my life, I can make 2 small braids!

CrisDee
February 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Had a VERY cool mini-milestone experience last night :) Was working a flight from Cleveland to Philadelphia (loads of fun with all the snow in both places, we ended up 4 hours late, ugh!), and a passenger said to me "You were my flight attendant when I flew this route last month. January 11th." I said "Oh, I remember you, you sat further back in the airplane last month." He said, "Yes, and your hair is much longer now." That gets bananas AND cheese!! :cheese::disco::cheese::disco::cheese::disco:

curlycrown
February 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Wow that great to have someone remember you and to remember your hair!

countryhopper
February 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I now have several new 'do s I've mastered!

*fishbone braid
*2 strand rope braid
*chinese bun (I can ALMOST do one in a half up--I need like 1/4 inch more!)

plus these I knew how to do long ago but didn't have enough length to do them on:

*english braid
*french braid
*dutch braid
*peacock twist

cmnt831
February 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I learned three new dos: Japanese bun, Chinese braided bun and Rope bun (two-strand rope braid, also). I'd never known how to do a "real" updo before - you know the kind with an actual name.:D

I finally figured out a way to put my hair up when I sleep! :cheese: So happy about this.

curlycrown
February 22nd, 2010, 04:36 AM
I have figured out how to make my french braids last longer. I followed Yellowchariot's lead and grabbed smaller sections as I braided. Thanks man!

freckles
February 22nd, 2010, 04:55 AM
The other day I was wearing a ponytail, and when I had my arms resting on the arms of a chair, my ponytail swished against my elbows. YES!

charley27
February 22nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
I have one!

While sitting on the church pew yesterday, wearing my hair down, my hair was caught between my back and the pew. I could slightly bend my chin down and I would feel tightness from my hair being caught! It always has sprung forward, but now it's long enough to stay caught!:cheer:

Benjamin_T
February 22nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
While I was bending over low to work on something, when suddenly my long ponytail managed to slide itself off my back to my front; (but instead of getting pissed off) I suddenly realized how pleasantly thick, heavy, & full it is. (Started to feel good & proud of my hair instead..) :)

curlylocks85
February 25th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I was able to do my first cinnabun. It was very small, but my ends were just long enough to stay when I put my hair stick in. My hair was damp when I did it, but hey, whatever works.
Yay, it is getting longer. :cheese:

farewell_nancy
February 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM
More of a health milestone than length. After reworking my haircare routine, a trim at the salon and persistent S&D's I've beat the splits out of my ends and am now only finding a few in hairs that still have their virginal taper. Shazaam.

Topaz
February 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Here's my mini-milestone --- although to me it's HUGE! I've been trying to get my hair in tip top condition for a little over a year now, with trims all through 2009 to remove all the old damage. I thought I had finally removed it all at my last trim last year. But about 2 weeks ago I decided to trim again, and I trimmed a little more off the very back than I had planned on, about 1.5 inches in the very back to get a more shallow "U" shaped hemline. Afterwards I was astounded by how soft my ends had suddenly become! And now here it is about 2 weeks later and every single day I am amazed by my super soft ends. I have decided that I have now, FINALLY, removed the last of the damage from my hair, because in 2009 my ends stayed a little rough even after trims. Now after this one, my ends are absolutely butter soft. I had no idea that ends were supposed to feel like this! Yippee!

Sorry this was so long for such a 'mini' topic, but I'm just really excited by this little milestone of mine :cheese:

Loviatar
February 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Finally I have one.

When I bend forward to wash my hair in the bath, my hair now rests on the bath floor. And I'm not bending over any further :D

WaitingSoLong
February 26th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Afterwards I was astounded by how soft my ends had suddenly become! And now here it is about 2 weeks later and every single day I am amazed by my super soft ends. I have decided that I have now, FINALLY, removed the last of the damage from my hair, because in 2009 my ends stayed a little rough even after trims. Now after this one, my ends are absolutely butter soft. I had no idea that ends were supposed to feel like this! Yippee!

This is one of my goals but will be a huge miselstone for me. I still have about 6" of damaged hair from the last time I dyed it. I can definitely tell a difference between the rest of my hair and these long damaged ends. I refuse to trim that much at once, though, and do not plan to trim until I have passed TB (later this year hopefully). Then I will start trimming the ends one inch at a time to thicken the hemline and eventually trim out all the damage. I know once I get close, I will be tempted to trim it all off at once. If you consider the ends grow unevenly, I probably have 8" of trimming to do to REALLY get it all out.

Congrats!

Pixna
February 26th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Congratulations, Topaz!!! :cheer:

Topaz
February 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Thank you! I'm hoping now that I have my hair in really good condition, with all the damage gone, that I just concentrate on growing this year and get some really good length during 2010. I'm going for tailbone, but I'd settle for waist length when it's dry and wavy.

LaurelSpring
February 26th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks so much frannyg for starting this thread! I just posted a mini-milestone the other day when I felt my hair tickling on my skin below my shirt and above my jeans. It was such an exciting surprise. Its so motivating!!!!

great idea for a thread!
These last days I noticed that my hair keeps getting trapped in my armpit (?!) when its loose. Of course it makes me happy, since it meens my hair is getting longer :cheese:

This use to be the thing that sent me running to get a haircut...lol Now I get excited about things like that.

Arctic
March 2nd, 2010, 04:05 AM
My hair is feeling longer today!!!

freckles
March 2nd, 2010, 04:33 AM
When a wear a medium-high ponytail, the weight of my hair ALWAYS pulls it down to the nape at the end of the day! That's super irritating, but it's new, so at least it shows my hair is growing :D

zeldagirl7491
March 2nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure this is a milestone but: when I take my hair down to comb it, to me it seems just a bit longer than it was a few months ago. There is still much damage in the back but just the fact that it is growing (even a little) is simply amazing to me! :D

PiroskaCicu
March 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I could do my first sock bun today for the first time in more than a year!!! I am so excited... :D:D

MandyBeth
March 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
First half-up bun that wraps around a stick!

bumblebums
March 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I managed to do a figure 8 bun yesterday that held all day with a single hair stick! I didn't think it was possible with my length of hair.

girloctopus
March 5th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I managed to do a figure 8 bun yesterday that held all day with a single hair stick! I didn't think it was possible with my length of hair.

Ooh I'm envious! I still can't get a figure 8 to hold for long, even with hair nearly BCL.

My mini-milestone: The braided part of my English braid (like, minus tassel) is past BSL in midback territory! With tassel, it's nearly hip! :cheese:

I can't wait until my thinning damage grows out a bit more and the braided part reaches my waist or longer.

chopandchange
March 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I just managed to do a hawser braid without any layers sticking out. :cheese:

But I was so excited that I undid it so I could practise doing it over and over again and play with my hair doing this new style, and...guess what? The second time it didn't work. :laugh:

TheLuckyLurker
March 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I've got two: 1) My hair is long enough I can ALMOST feel it swish when I move my head around.

2) I discovered just today that it's finally long enough to go back to washing every three days instead of every other day.

Arrow Juniper
March 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I outgrew the turbie twist towl that my granny got me for christmas! At christmas, my hair fit inside very neatly and nicely -- now, about an inch or so sticks out of the top.

christine1989
March 7th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I can reach my hand behind my back and grab my hair too :) but im pretty flexible so its not that amazing :(. I am happy that I can curl my hair with foam rollers again without getting that "fro look".

jaine
March 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I can see hair below my ears when I look in the mirror :p

Longlocks3
March 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I did a braid today and the tassel was longer than TBL!

The other day I was getting dressed and felt my ends tickle my thighs! It was the very top but still it was my thigh.

Aero
March 7th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I have to life my hair out of my shirt and necklaces now. Congrats on everyone else.

Keildra
March 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM
My small wal-mart clips are too small to hold my hair with the ends tucked. or hold my hair all together in the shower I have to upgrade to medium sized clip.

countryhopper
March 10th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Hooray! I just mastered a french five strand half up!!

My hair isn't long enough to do a single five strand, braid, so I had to go with this :D.

I'm SOOOOOOO excited but my arms are killing me...!

deviantkitten
March 10th, 2010, 06:58 AM
My hair was finally long enough, and I learned how to, give myself a microtrim!
Also, I just got my first fork in the mail yesterday, and I am learning and doing all these great hairstyles I previously used pins with only to have them look terrible. I love my new fork!
Oh, and I learned and successfully did a french herringbone yesterday! Weird, but it was allot easier for me to do than a french braid, which I am hopelessly learning. I just don't have that 3 strand french finger dexterity yet. I make it about halfway, then I get my fingers all tangled up in each other LOL
Next, it is hairstyles with sticks, which I should be getting in the post very soon!
Not exactly hair length related, but for me, hair related milestones nonetheless!
Hopefully I can get my hands on some diotomaceous earth and I will be at TB in no time! LOL
Merry Milestones everyone!

sibiryachka
March 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yesterday, the mini-est of milestones: Leaning back in a chair, my hair got stuck between my back and the chair back, so I had to pull it loose before I could move my head forward. :cheese:

melusine
March 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
This isn't a hair-length milestone but it is a LHC related milestone that I wanted to share: my hair has gained a cm of thickness since starting to read the community and make changes a couple of months ago. :D It was previously borderline i/ii and now it is ii.

Ravenne
March 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I just managed to make a (small) figure 8 bun! :happydance: And it held with one stick!! Say what?! Unheard of with my super-slick hair.

jasper
March 12th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I just managed to pop myself in the eye with a low single braid that flipped over my head. Not a fun milestone, but it made me aware of my length in a new way. ;)

myrrhmaiden
March 12th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I just reached another mini one. :D When I wash my face, I wear a headband and put my hair in a ponytail. Well, I was rinsing my face while bending over the sink when I felt tickling on my cheek. I realized my ponytail has become long enough to double back over my shoulder so that the ends are chin length and will get wet! I'll have to start bunning from now on. Wooots!

Arctic
March 12th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I am getting better at ignoring my hair :)

WaitingSoLong
March 12th, 2010, 05:56 AM
realized my ponytail has become long enough to double back over my shoulder so that the ends are chin length and will get wet! I'll have to start bunning from now on. Wooots!

I hate this. I bun usually but in the mornings when I am brushing my teeth I have my hair in a sleep braid. I am waiting for it to be SO long, it cannot get into the sink and get toothpaste on it. I always just hold my hair out to the side and do everything one handed. Esp. when it is loose.

Sometimes I pull it through the headband (it is actually a sweatband) doubled so it cannot fall into my face. It is these things that make me want to cut my hair sometimes.

I do not even know what my next mini-milestone would be? Getting it in the toilet when I sit? lol.

Yarn Muse
March 12th, 2010, 07:22 AM
*Not trimming for six months

*When I did cut, getting rid of MOST of my long layers.

*Feeling shorn after cutting off 1 inch! (1.5 off my longest, straggliest back part)

*No chemical dyes for almost 15 months!

Joette
March 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Styling milestone: I figured out a Dutch braid! Next up: rope braids.

Pixna
March 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! My first Lazy Wrap Bun!!!

Why is this such a big mini milestone for me? Because my hair is long enough to finally do the Lazy Wrap Bun and I was finally able to figure out the instructions to do it left-handed. Yippeeeeee!!! :happydance:

freckles
March 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! My first Lazy Wrap Bun!!!

Why is this such a big mini milestone for me? Because my hair is long enough to finally do the Lazy Wrap Bun and I was finally able to figure out the instructions to do it left-handed. Yippeeeeee!!! :happydance:
congratulations Pixna! :D

Pixna
March 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you, Freckles!! :flower: I'm SO happy about this (now I have a repertoire of THREE bun styles instead of just two--woohoo!!!).

Sparkette
March 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
My first LHC mini-milestone! Three weeks ago my hair had finally become long enough to put it up in a single claw clip. That clip is now too small!

MandyBeth
March 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Is it weird that I can do this without leaning my head back, and it's not even chin length yet? :) I feel like a pretzel... :)

But I did have a mini-milestone too recently ... full ear coverage!

Hrrmm, I just tried that reaching back and touching hair, and I can do it at chin length. I'm a pretzel apparently.

Also a related milestone that I just realized - SQUEE!!! My hair when loose is in fact longer than my big 1 1/2" CBRs I have in my bottom lobes. It may have been for a while, but until I saw it posted I didn't even think about it.

And in another related milestone - tho encouragement for hair breakage - hair is now long enough to thread itself thru CBRs in ear and then not annoy my lobes, so I then remove it. Now it stays until *ow* I yank it by mistake.

And my final milestone for now - I now will say I have chin length hair instead of *almost*, *nearly* or *pretending to be* chin length. I figure I can count the vast majority vs the two itty bitty segments that like to break. Most is chin or just past. Two segments are squeaking in. I'm going with 98% right.

Edit - SEE, proof! I'm at chin length, I'm at chin length!!!!! My hair is in better condition than the quality of photos I get, but oh well.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4611&pictureid=67446

freckles
March 23rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
me and my boyfriend always play-fight, and the other day, while playing, he picked up my braid to hit me with it. :lol: It's long enough that it occurred to him it can be used as a weapon! :D

LittleDreamer
March 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
After I washed, I had it out drying whilst cleaning up and it got caught under my armpit! :D

freckles
March 23rd, 2010, 05:30 AM
eek! eek! I was just in the shower, and the longest bits of my hair are now waist-when-wet. I didn't even know that my straight hair suffered from shrinkage! I'm trimming today, so it won't last long, but I'm stupidly happy nonetheless :D

Arctic
March 23rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Last night I wore my hair loose for sleeping and it felt longer than before, getting under my shoulders all the time :D

curlylocks85
March 23rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
I have two new milestones to report:

1 - When my hair is wet, it is APL.

2 - My hair is starting to get caught under my backpack straps!

sibiryachka
March 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
3 months after my most recent (final??) trim, it should be time to think about the next one. Thanks to S&D, the ends look as good as they did 3 months ago. This means that the length I've gained since then, and will gain from now on, I get to KEEP!

emmabovary
March 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I can finally gather ALL of my hair in a ponytail! :D And even get all of it except for my chin-length bangs into a *low* pony!

Capybara
March 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
I tucked my hair into my jeans while getting dressed!!

Funny how excited I was :D My second thought was, must never do that again... :silly:

emmabovary
March 26th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Omg I can make an English braid now!!! It doesn't collapse!!! I'm sooo thrilled :redgrin:

pepperedmoth
March 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Eee! The last time I washed my hair in the shower, I leant back under the water to rinse the condish out of my hair . . . and I felt my ends tickling at, er, my posterior cleavage!

Okay, okay, a little gross, maybe TMI, but if anyone could understand how happy this made me, it would be you, LHC!

Bast
March 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I put it all up in a bun this morning.

Now I have it in a french twist with a pseudo-ficcare that I got from Rite Aid today.

curlycrown
March 26th, 2010, 07:32 PM
The front of my hair is now long enough to tuck behind my ears while curly! yay me!

Keildra
March 26th, 2010, 08:44 PM
My hair now reaches waist not just wet but stretched yay
Although I'm not going to claim waist until I'm a solid unstretched waist

Qadupae
March 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I finally have a pony stub! Granted it is layered severely, but its getting somewhere ^_^ I had such a terrible hair growth stall.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4703&pictureid=67747

:cheese: I think that once I can get one more inch into the ponytail without having to pull my hair so tight, I will start trimming lightly to cut out the layers. It would be a good place to start ^_^

FrannyG
April 5th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Loving your pony stub, Qadupae! :crush:

I just hit 24 inches on the first of April. This, I have learned from previous journeys, is a real turning point. This is the part of the growth journey where my hair starts to feel and look long. :happydance: I think I was leaning forward a bit in my April siggy photo, because my hair looks longer in the other pictures I took, but they were out of focus. April Fools' on myself, I guess. :o

countryhopper
April 5th, 2010, 06:09 AM
1) I completed 30 days of different hairstyles, a new one everyday, no repeats!
2) I'm now at about 19" or maybe 19.5" (hard to tell when you're measuring yourself! So I've been averaging between .5-1" growth a month. WOOOHOOO!!!

Arctic
April 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I claimed APLength recently! :cheer:

curlycrown
April 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I have enough hair to put my braids into a bun. Before my braids were not long enough to even put together in a holder.

Ravenne
April 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
My bangs are finally long enough that they'll stay behind my ears!! :D The worst is over, I think. Lol.

whoanellie
April 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm new here, so one of my mini-milestones is joining this community. ;)

I've only been dedicated in growing my hair long for about 10 months. So my mini-milestone is that my hair is now long enough to wear in braids. Depending on the layer it's about just past where my neck meets my shoulder or a little longer from behind (see my avatar), so it's not long by any stretch of the definition. But to now be able to actually start doing hair styles with it feels like much bigger than a mini milestone for me! :D

Ravenne
April 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I'm new here, so one of my mini-milestones is joining this community. ;)

I've only been dedicated in growing my hair long for about 10 months. So my mini-milestone is that my hair is now long enough to wear in braids. Depending on the layer it's about just past where my neck meets my shoulder or a little longer from behind (see my avatar), so it's not long by any stretch of the definition. But to now be able to actually start doing hair styles with it feels like much bigger than a mini milestone for me! :D

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

And yeah, it's such a good feeling when you realize you can do something new with your hair!

freckles
April 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I found my first ever faerie knot/single strand knot the other day!
And just now, I found my first ever two-strand knot while trying to detangle! :mad:

Okay, so they're not good milestones. But my hair is doing things that it's never done before because it's at lengths it's never been before. That's how I try to frame it positively :p

Krifantasy
April 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm with Keildra, my hair is now at waist length if I pull the curls out. If I don't wash for several days and brush my hair, it is much more obvious. Anyway, I am really excited about it!

Rennire
April 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM
The tips of my ratty ends are just touching my hips now! I think I'd be cheating if I called my hair hip length though =P

whoanellie
April 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

And yeah, it's such a good feeling when you realize you can do something new with your hair!

Thanks so much Ravenne!

And wow, holy crap. One day later and I have a new mini-milestone. I was able to take my top layer of hair (which is only SL) and braid it and put it up with a hair stick (messy as it is, I'm just sitting at the computer playing).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2749/4504015526_4b2f59d27a_o.jpg

And um... I swear my hair is dyed black, but it looks like half my hair is no longer black. If this is the case in natural light and not just the flash playing tricks on me I could do a dance! :cheese:

Garnet66
April 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I have another mini-milestone. I was driving with my windows down yesterday and the wind blew my hair into my mouth. Yay me!:cheer:

Arctic
April 8th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Woohoo for everybody's milestones!

Yesterday I got my fingerwaves looking great for the first time!
And I slept with scarf around my hair and it actually stayed on!!! It's also a first time for that! :grin:

janeytilllie
April 9th, 2010, 04:23 AM
My hair is waist length when wet :cheer: :joy:

Hedera
April 9th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I'm sitting here in a tanktop and boxers (was out on the balcony soaking up some sun), and I can feel my hair on my shoulders and the upper part of my upper arms! :cheese:

SlightlySoprano
April 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM
In the shower today, i realized my hair is slightly below BSL when it's wet!!! (But when its dry its like, 3 inches above bsl)

strwbrry dakri
April 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I'm sitting here in a tanktop and boxers (was out on the balcony soaking up some sun), and I can feel my hair on my shoulders and the upper part of my upper arms! :cheese:
I just recently felt my hair tickle the back of my upper arms - and I had on short sleeves!:D

Bethie
April 9th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have reached a mini milestone for my hair. It now flips out if I don't do anything with it while it is drying.

celelu
April 9th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Yay for everybody's milestones! Two days ago in the shower (which is the only moment where I wear my hair down while wearing no pants - no link with my hair being wet or not) I felt my hair tucking between my cheeks down there! Very very lightly, but still, I can now claim that I reached BCL!

xovictoryxo
April 9th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I am JUST past BSL :) yayy! I am always stuck at bsl!!!!!!

Ravenne
April 16th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I realized the other day that my braid is now long enough to swing over my shoulder and stay when I turn my head! :D It's getting longer!!

Mrs Sgardelis
April 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I can finally get my shortest layer to stay in a ponytail - WOOOHOOOO- this has been bugging me for ages!! So very very happy, no more bobby pins!

Purdy Bear
April 16th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Iv noticed some new eyelashes coming through - ohhhhhhhh bliss, they are the worst thing to loose 'cause you get grit in your eyes all the time.

Iv also got some little eyebrows, and also some minor head hair.

ITS TOTAL BLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Capybara
April 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Iv noticed some new eyelashes coming through - ohhhhhhhh bliss, they are the worst thing to loose 'cause you get grit in your eyes all the time.

I'm so happy for you!!! :cheer: You must be so excited :)

Okay, so a not-so-happy milestone - I was doing S&D (which I rarely do, but have started getting into the habit) and found not one, but TWO hairs tied into figure 8 knots! If you're a sailor/paddler, or know knots for any other reason, you'd understand how incredibly weird this is. Figure Eight Knot (http://www.animatedknots.com/fig8rescue/index.php)

But, it does mean it's getting so long it has decided to tangle in new ways?? :p

marikamt
April 16th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I did my first infinity bun about 10 minutes ago.... yay!!!!!
It is not perfect, and there are bits sticking out because of my layers, but it is staying..... yipee......

eiwonob
April 16th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I noticed the final loop in my cinnabun is going further and further... yay! More lenght for hair loops!

Also, the tail of my braid is brushing new back places lately! Yay!

Pixna
April 16th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Okay, so a not-so-happy milestone - I was doing S&D (which I rarely do, but have started getting into the habit) and found not one, but TWO hairs tied into figure 8 knots! If you're a sailor/paddler, or know knots for any other reason, you'd understand how incredibly weird this is. Figure Eight Knot (http://www.animatedknots.com/fig8rescue/index.php)

But, it does mean it's getting so long it has decided to tangle in new ways?? :p

I'm sorry about your knot. However, that's a really cool knot site. I wonder if anyone (who's not me!) might be able to figure out some snazzy buns we could do with these knots. Anyone up for the challenge?????

FrannyG
April 16th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I've been reading all of the latest mini-milestones, and they're too numerous to reply to individually. Congratulations, all!!! :happydance:

SpinDance
April 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I've recently noticed that my hemline seems to be getting a little thicker, there is less fairy tailing below BSL. I'm hoping it will eventually stay thick all the way down.

freckles
April 19th, 2010, 03:52 AM

that's fantastic! :D

countryhopper
April 19th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I'm dangerously close to APL!!

Samitra
April 19th, 2010, 06:19 AM
My ponytail is now long enough to get caught under the shoulderstrap of my bag :D

sibiryachka
April 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM
My braid now falls down between my shoulder blades! It used to hit just at a spot where the "bump" between the shoulders would cause the braid end to jut straight out, but I just noticed in the mirror that it's passed up the hump and now it follows the spine more. It wiggles better, too; it used to just switch stiffly from side to side. It's like the difference between a dog wagging its tail and a cat swishing its tail. I really am more of a cat person... ; )

Jules diamond
April 25th, 2010, 01:14 AM
The very front of my hair got caught in my armpit today!

JBO
April 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Had my hair down today and it looked normal. I had a terrible hair cut about 1 and 3 weeks ago. My hair has probably grown close to 2 3/4 inches! (my hair grows fast anyway and I have been doing the Monistat thing). But my top layer had looked like I was wearing a hair hat and considering my longest layerr is 4" from BSL and there where NO LAYERS IN BETWEEN it was bad. But today when I had it down and styled it just looked like layered hair, sorta. My ultimate goal is all of it at BLS. Just shows that its happening will take time but it is happening.

EtherealOde
April 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I found out today that I can't really wear a peacock updo anymore, because the tuft at the top has become a wierd looking ponytail. And there are several bun styles I can wear using a single hairstick to hold them, and they STAY!!! The last thing is that I can wear my large Ficcares now with some styles and they will hold securely instead of slowly falling out.

My next mini milestone that I am really looking forward to is to be able to make a cinnabun with two rope braids, so I can have a rosepetal bun...they look so pretty. I bought some small jeweled claw clips just for when that time comes.

joiekimochi
April 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I have a new mini milestone! It is for my buns and braids to NOT have those spiky layers poking out of them!

SlightlySoprano
April 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Today in the shower my hair SOAKING WET is bottom BSL. FINALLY. But now to get there when its dry/curly and I lose 3+ inches of length :-(

Joette
April 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Grats to everyone who has reached a new mini-milestone recently! I hit one yesterday. I was wearing my hair down and it kept tickling my arms below the sleeves of my short sleeved shirt. I kept grasping around the back trying to find a shed hair (which used to always be the culprit) and kept getting hairs that were still attached instead!

RoseRedDead
April 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I can no longer kneel at the edge of the tub and wash my hair because it drags on the bottom. I don't mean "knee-at-the-edge-of-the-tub-and-stick-my-head-under-the-faucet", I mean "kneel-at-edge-of-the-tub-and-use-an-empty-conditioner-bottle-to-rinse-my-hair". I now have to stand and bend.

Go me!

breezefaerie
April 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
My hair is finally long enough to get all of it into a pony!

frizzalot
May 8th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I usually braid my heavily layered v-cut hair before going to sleep, by morning most of it has come out of the braid.

Now, only a small top section comes out when I wake in the mornings yay :D

countryhopper
May 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I recently hit APL!! Hooray! :cheese:

FrannyG
May 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I can do a Figure 8 bun again!!! I couldn't do it even 2 weeks ago. Woohoo!!!!! :disco:

Heavenly Locks
May 8th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Grats to everyone who has reached a new mini-milestone recently! I hit one yesterday. I was wearing my hair down and it kept tickling my arms below the sleeves of my short sleeved shirt. I kept grasping around the back trying to find a shed hair (which used to always be the culprit) and kept getting hairs that were still attached instead!

That's been happening to me too! :) :cheese:

curlylocks85
May 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM
My hair is starting to get caught under my bag straps.

ali beast
May 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I realized recently that I can get *most* of my hair into a high pony! There's just a few nape wispies left over that are easily clipped up :) I think by the end of the summer, I should be able to get everything up, hooray!

My next mini-milestone is having the ends of a high pony be at a solid shoulder length. I'm pretty sure that's at APL. That's about a year away, definitely by next summer.

The summer after that, BSL, possibly longer :)

I've found that thinking of hair growth and goals in terms of seasons (i.e., this fall, next summer) is easier for me to deal with than, say "I will have BSL hair by August, 2012." I'm not sure why this is.

Garnet66
May 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I new one for me. I was playing with my hair last night was checking my ends then I brought them around to my face and I could actually see them. I had to look googly eyed :silly: to do it but I actually saw them.

ETA: I just thought of another one. Lately, when I go to bed I have to move my hair aside so I don't sleep on it.

craftybunn
May 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Congratulations to all of you!
My mini-milestone is that I'm finally at that mysterious length that we each have where everyone starts to say, "Wow, your hair is really getting long!"

freckles
May 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I put my hair up in a braided bun this morning, and now it's nearly 8pm and I haven't taken it down at all! Maybe I'm finally learning to stop playing with it constantly :p

Angela_Rose
May 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I measured out this weekend and much to my surprise and delight, I have hit 48"! This means I only have twelve more inches to go until I hit my Big Goal. Granted, that's probably 24-30 months from now, but it's within reach.

And I can finally say "I have four-foot-long hair!"

Cheeks1206
May 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Congratulations to all of you!
My mini-milestone is that I'm finally at that mysterious length that we each have where everyone starts to say, "Wow, your hair is really getting long!"

My hair is currently at that length, too! It's growing out from a pixie and is just past my shoulders and I'm getting that comment constantly. I like it!

klcqtee
May 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Just within the last 10 minutes I learned I'm long enough to do a chinese bun without using a hair tie to start it off! Whoo!

Cheeks1206
May 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Yesterday, I was discussing my hair with someone at work when I realized that my hair is about 2-3 inches shy of BSL when stretched! And the shortest front part is about 1/2-1 inch shy of APL! Woohoo! Now everyone is trying to convince me to straighten it so we can see the length.

mattt
May 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
currently i am getting the "youll have to get a haircut" comment. means its at least in the awkward stage. progress

TheLuckyLurker
May 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
A new milestone: I just put it up in two ponytails, and everything except my bangs and a couple wisps in the back went in and stayed in. It's growing!

Samitra
May 15th, 2010, 01:47 AM
New milestone: If I braid my hair when it's wet, I can wear it in a single English braid without layers escaping! :D

Jenn of Pence
May 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
When I told my new stylist in November that I wanted to try to grow even longer than bsl (where I'd been stuck for a while), she said, we must do small regular trims to see growth! Unfortunately, she also told me that straightening was fine if you cranked up the heat and used a protectant :p So, over the course of 5 months and three appointments I had a total of about 5 inches trimmed off, including 2 at my last appt. in April all due to heat damage. Five inches in five months is NOT a net gain in length!! Needless to say, when I went home that day I found LHC and have been treating my hair much better since...so much so that I have absolutely zero need for a trim! So my mini-milestone was calling today to cancel my appointment for next Saturday! I told her I'd call and reschedule "when I needed to" ;)

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 03:36 PM
My little milestone on my way to TBL is waist on Christmas Eve 2010. And it will be a moment when I'll be able to call my hair "long". Finally. ;)

Kalyca
May 18th, 2010, 03:43 PM
my hair is starting to get caught underneath hubby when he rolls onto it, lol.

FrannyG
May 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Every time I read the new entries in this thread I smile. I love reading about every single mini-milestone. :D

My mini-milestone is that when my hair is sitting in my shoulders facing my arm, it's now turning down onto my arm instead of sticking straight out. This is a new thing as of this week!

countryhopper
May 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I can finally do a lazy wrap bun! it falls out after a few minutes, but it should hold fine after a couple more months of growth!

Henrietta
May 19th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I can finally do a lazy wrap bun! it falls out after a few minutes, but it should hold fine after a couple more months of growth!

Congratulations! What's your next mini milestone? :)

MonikaHa
May 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I can get most of my hair into a pony tail... with two bobby pins and some hair sticking out on the back. But it's a pony tail!

OperaTeacherMom
May 25th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I can get my hair into a low ponytail at the base of my scalp with only the bangs and face-framing fringe left out!

countryhopper
May 25th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Congratulations! What's your next mini milestone? :)

Thanks!

Well, my next milestone was a couple days ago when I did a bang pouf and a lazy wrap bun and it stayed!!! For the most part, at least. Then i switched to a peacock twist, then back to a lazy wrap...

Hooray! Maybe next month it will hold for good!!

Henrietta
May 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks!

Well, my next milestone was a couple days ago when I did a bang pouf and a lazy wrap bun and it stayed!!! For the most part, at least. Then i switched to a peacock twist, then back to a lazy wrap...

Hooray! Maybe next month it will hold for good!!

My cinnamon bun with hairsticks is stable too! It's still a little too early for nautilus bun but I am surprised and happy with my cinna buns with sticks:)
I love it, when I am able to create a stable updo which was impossible to achieve few weeks before:)

kabelaced
May 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Mini mini milestone: my hair has just begun to lay flat again, instead of poking out wildly like spikes on a cactus! :hifive: I will not miss that about having buzzed hair.

2peasinapod
May 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I can get most of my hair into a pony tail... with two bobby pins and some hair sticking out on the back. But it's a pony tail!

I can get my hair into a low ponytail at the base of my scalp with only the bangs and face-framing fringe left out!

Congratulations! This was my first mini milestone, too! Isn't it exiting?:)

My mini milestone is that my hair is finally starting to look long! It's even getting caught between my shirt and my back! :D

Pixna
May 29th, 2010, 03:03 PM
When I pull my hair straight, it is right at the top of BSL!!! I don't think I'll feel officially there until it is at BSL without my pulling it straight, which will probably be by the end of summer. But I'm thrilled to be able to say I'm technically at BSL!!! :happydance:

countryhopper
May 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
When I pull my hair straight, it is right at the top of BSL!!! I don't think I'll feel officially there until it is at BSL without my pulling it straight, which will probably be by the end of summer. But I'm thrilled to be able to say I'm technically at BSL!!! :happydance:

Hooray, pixna!! :cheese: CALLING ALL TO A CHEESE PARTY!!

Pixna
May 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks, Countryhopper!! :D

Xan
May 30th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Almost to tail bone but can't wait for knee.

Druid of Alba
May 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Ummmmm haha, I got my hair cut, but now my emo bangs are gone so my hair length is consistent all over my head, so now its ready to grow out! :D No more hair cuts until its ready to get cut into a sort of "long bob" style.

JenniferNoel
May 30th, 2010, 09:45 AM
For one, my single english braid is now below APL, my hair when pulled straight is mis/bottom BSL (right at the top when wavy). So woo!
Also, I've been able to feel my hair on my arms when wearing thin straps for about a month, but for the first time ever, I had my hair down the other day and it brushed my left shoulder below a sleeve and I started to swat at it thinking it was a spider or something. When I looked, I was all excited because I had never felt my hair there while wearing a T shirt before!

marikamt
May 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM
had my hair in a ponytail the other day when I went running and it got caught under my armpits :D

Henrietta
May 31st, 2010, 06:03 AM
I thought I will be at waist on Christmas but after I saw my photos I know that there's long way before me. I didn't know how short my hair is:(

And I don't know when I will be at TBL or knee. I don't know which lenght is my goal lenght. Probably knee, if my genes allow me. If not, I'll stay at TBL. Or maybe classis. We'll see. I am still at BSL:(

OperaTeacherMom
May 31st, 2010, 11:35 PM
:cheese: for Pixna! That is an awesome milestone!

I am super close to another milestone, in another centimeter or so my hair will be shoulder length when pulled out straight! Who know how long that'll be curly, but SL straight is a big deal to me!

Pixna
June 1st, 2010, 06:04 AM
Thanks, OperaTeacherMom!! And congratulations to YOU!! :cheer:

klcqtee
June 3rd, 2010, 07:08 AM
I have one! I recently had my hair trimmed into a U shape from a deep V (so I lost quite a bit of hair in some places), and went swimming yesterday without treating my hair (oil/pre-rinse), and when I got out of the pool, instead of my hair being crunchy, terrible, and impossible to untangle, it was still soft and smooth! It detangled no problem, I didn't have to soak it in conditioner for an hour first! It was a much needed trim, and I'm glad I took off so much.

kabelaced
June 7th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Mini milestone! Since I buzzed my hair, there's always been on hair in the front that's been noticeably longer than the rest of the hairs. On a whim in the mirror today, I stretched the hair as far as possible and it just meets the tippy top hair of my eyebrow.

Can I call this eyebrow length? Hahaha! :p

ladylovecraft
June 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
A sort-of mini mile stone:

I've reached the point where I can get all of my hair into a clippy on the back without any pieces falling out!! ... for a while, at least. Eventually the front parts, which are a little shorter than the rest of my hair, wiggle their way out... Grr...

Oh well, that just means I'll have something else to post about when they decide to stay in there. Haha.

rachelily
June 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I put my hair in a bun and my bangs fit back into it too!

Lianna
June 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Some hair can been seen below my ears, when looking at a frontal view of my face.

sugarpixie10988
June 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
My turn! :cheese: I can throw my hair behind my shoulders and it stays there, rather than falling back forward when it was shorter.

Qadupae
June 8th, 2010, 02:55 AM
A couple mini milestones for me ^_^

Have to brush my hair past my work collar now!
Can get most of my hair into a nice pony stub!
Was able to have long enough hair to do my first microtrim!

Henrietta
June 8th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I can do pinless buns, like nautilus:)
When I brush my hair from the back, it's getting uncomfortable, as my arm is too short:)

rachelily
June 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM
My turn! :cheese: I can throw my hair behind my shoulders and it stays there, rather than falling back forward when it was shorter.

Ahh I love that! I was so happy when I could finally do that too. Or have it stay in front of my shoulder, as well.

klcqtee
June 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Congratulations to everyone!

I trimmed my hair from a deep V to a U shape (losing up to 2 inches in length!), and since, I've felt my hair was so short, but I have gotten my first two "Wow, your hair has gotten long!" compliments this past week!

rachelily
June 9th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Congratulations to everyone!

I trimmed my hair from a deep V to a U shape (losing up to 2 inches in length!), and since, I've felt my hair was so short, but I have gotten my first two "Wow, your hair has gotten long!" compliments this past week!

Haha that is awesome! It probably helped thicken up your hemline and add a lovely volume to your hair. I should follow suit! :D

JenniferNoel
June 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Ha! I'm not the only one who gets those kinds of comments after trims I guess then.
I'm absolutely excited today, my hair is finally starting to act long, my braid, for the first time, got caught between my back and a very curvy car seat, which says something because I have extreme braid shrinkage.

Multiruus
June 9th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I noticed my hair is finally starting to have the long hair movement in it! :D You know how long hair usually swings around if the person with it is just walking around or something. Now my own hair is actaully starting to have move in it :cheese:

Henrietta
June 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
My hair is getting stuck between my back and my chair;) So it slowly starts to feel long:) Yaaaay! :):)

princessp
June 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Congratulations everyone on your mini milestones! :cheese:

Here are my 2 mini milestones: My hair is now finally past 30" and I am getting better at updos. I just learned how to do the figure eight (thank you hairstyle of the month). My hair has been this long before, but this time around it is healthier because I am protecting it much better (and updos are definitely helping). Okay so they aren't huge milestones, but I'm pretty proud of both of these small accomplishments.:)

OperaTeacherMom
June 10th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Not exactly a milestone, but today I tried a protective style before swimming for the first time, and it didn't fall out! :) I wet and conditioned my hair, put it in 2 french braids (haven't french braided in at least 5 years but they turned out ok!), then sprayed a bit of coconut oil over the top. When I washed my hair afterward it was nice and soft from having the oil on it all day, yay!

PiroskaCicu
June 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I can do a single french braid now!!:D Before I could only do two.... now I can do one :) So exciting.

rachelily
June 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I can do a single french braid now!!:D Before I could only do two.... now I can do one :) So exciting.

I need to figure out French braids. I can do them on other people, but on me it is just so much easier to do Dutch! Congrats! :)

Lykaios
June 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
The longest part of my hair (I have a V hemline) just brushes my hipbone. Yay!!

freckles
June 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I just got my hair stuck in my armpit for the first time ever! :D

Henrietta
June 11th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I just got my hair stuck in my armpit for the first time ever! :D

Me too! Yesterday! I am at stable BSL, but it was the first time. Funny:D

I wanted to go running yesterday night. And I discovered I have too much hair to clip it using a big hairclip. :cheese::cheese:Which is also a good reason to go for hairtoys shopping:D

littleflowerr
June 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I realized my bands have reached a little past my chin! It's not such a bother as it use to be. :)

EtherealOde
June 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I had to clip my hair up before putting on my bra because my hair got caught under the bra strap in the back!

BrightEyes
June 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I can once again put all of my hair in a pony tail. It's a little stubby one, but I'm still excited. Yippee!:cheese:

proo
June 11th, 2010, 07:15 PM
went s&ding tonight ... couldn't find any!

Henrietta
June 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
went s&ding tonight ... couldn't find any!

This is a fantastic milestone! I still don't see mine one... but, yes, I'm still running!

Chamomile betty
June 15th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mini milestones are great. Today I felt the tips of my length below my BS. Yeah :cheese:
Congrats to all those who are reaching their mini-goals.

SlightlySoprano
June 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Back from my big chop to the nape of my neck, currently at shoulder length when dry/curly or collar bone length when wet/straight

I CAN PUT IT IN A BRAID AGAIN! YAY!!!

Loreley
June 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I've had 2 mini-milestones recently. I really sat on my hair accidentally, and after an inch trim it feels much thicker. :joy:

breezefaerie
June 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
When I wore it down yesterday, I had three people tell me how long it looked!

Cheeks1206
June 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Congrats to everyone! I looove this thread!

Grow, hair! Grow!

*Aoife*
June 18th, 2010, 06:06 PM
It sounds stupid, but I had my hair down before washing today and I bent down to pick something up off the floor and my hair touched the ground! I was so happy that I didn't even freak out about my hair touching something so dirty :D

Centifolia
June 18th, 2010, 06:45 PM
My bangs are no longer bangs anymore! :D

May
June 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I was able to wear my hair down without any bobby pins and it actually looked kind of good:cheer:

Bast
June 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have decided, my hair has hit APL. And it's currently sporting a gorgeous U-shaped hemline, all on it's lonesome. :D

Next stop, BSL, which is about 2 inches away.

Pandora.
June 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Last week when I tilted my head far back, I could feel all my hair tickle the whole of my bare back, and I the longest part of my hair went slightly past tailbone. Yes, it was flat-ironed, but still!! :D

Fiferstone
June 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm JUST at tailbone when my hair is loose, and the tip of my braid touches my hip :)

Classic, here I come..

sibiryachka
June 19th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Back from my big chop to the nape of my neck, currently at shoulder length when dry/curly or collar bone length when wet/straight

I CAN PUT IT IN A BRAID AGAIN! YAY!!!

I don't think that's a mini milestone at all! I'd call that a full-on milestone deserving of some sort of reward, such as a new hairtoy. ;) Congratulations!!

klcqtee
June 19th, 2010, 11:24 AM
My bangs are no longer bangs anymore! :D

Oh, I bet that's exciting! Congratulations!

I've nursed my hair back to happiness after swimming for every day for 3 weeks without being able to properly wash it. Whoo! It felt all tacky and terrible, and now I can comb it, and run my fingers through it!