PDA

View Full Version : Latest Trim and Highlights

atlantaz3
February 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
My siggie pic is my latest trim and highlights. DH took this with the iphone and no flash. Sigh - not one person has commented on my hair since I had this done. I noticed a difference as I thought my roots were really noticeable.(five months worth!) Either my hair dresser does a really good job on high low lights or people just don't notice change unless it a chop job!
I like my hair and that is what really counts!:heartbeat
PS I'm really liking the sample my hair dresser gave me of Moraccan Oil - I'm using it on just the last few inches to keep the frizzies at bay. Whether I buy or just use another oil will still be seen.

BrightEyes
February 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I think your hi/lo lights look very pretty. They look very subtle and natural. Maybe that is why you haven't gotten comments, it blends really well. Your hairdresser did a great job. Is this your first time getting highlights, or have you been doing it for awhile? The reason I ask is because I've been highlighting my hair for so long that no one notices when I get a retouch anymore. I always complain to my DH when I have over an inch of regrowth, and then he always comments that I notice my regrowth more than anyone else does. I think that's probably true. And I agree, what counts the most is if you like your hair. But for what it's worth, I think your hair is beautiful.

Do you have the brand name Morrocan Oil? I've been curious about it. I also have a serum that has morrocan oil in it. It is called DermOrganic Leave-in treatment. I love it. It makes my hair so soft and shiny, and it seems to protect it from dryness and heat.

atlantaz3
February 5th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I've been back on the highlight bottle for about two years now. Yes my hair dresser does blend very well and I only get it touched up about every four to five months.
The bottle says Moroccanoil blue label big orange "m" with a web address of www.moroccanoil.com
I think there is a thread on this brand and that argan (aragan) oil is a minor ingredient. It does have cones, but my hair seems to like cones... The suggestion was to put on hair before blow drying as a leave in conditioner.

BrightEyes
February 5th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, it sounds similar to the leave-in I have. I've been using Argan oil on my face at night and mixed with coconut oil for overnight oilings for my hair. I love the stuff.