PDA

View Full Version : 8 Year Anniversary Thread

Cinnamon Hair
February 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone, you read the title right, this is my 8th year on the hair boards! Just wanted to say thanks for all the haircare advice and friendship, and share some progress photos. Here is my growth story.

When I started I knew nothing. Literally. I wore my hair down all the time because I didn't know any updos except a ponytail, didn't cut at all for several years, shampooed daily, etc. etc.
Then I posted on the boards and was very nicely told "yer doin' it all wrong!" :p
http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/firsthairphoto.bmp
Feb. 5, 2002 at 41"

So I cut to 34" and started growing out those mistreated ends.
http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/hair_cut_back_smaller.jpg

In Nov. 2003 I reached classic length, which was my original goal.
http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/cinnamon_hair_nov142003.jpg

But then my hair kept growing and before long I was on my way to knee length, which I reached around Jan. 2008. It must have sneaked up on me because I didn't take a pic of it until March that year.
http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/2.jpg

Knee length was never really a goal for me, but that's where I am now. My main priority has been improving horizontal volume at my ends. Which is what I have been doing for the last two years.
Jan. 2010
http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/length013010d.jpg http://sites.google.com/site/ficcares/home/dryhair112509.jpg
I have more photos here (http://beyondclassic.awardspace.us/hairphotos.html)if you are interested.

I have always loved long hair, but never thought I would or could grow this long. I could not be more :cloud9: than I am with my hair today. There were many times I thought it would never thicken up at hip or tailbone length, so I'm really amazed with where it is now.

Of course it took 8 years to get here and when you consider that I started at 41" and am now only fifteen inches longer (at 56") that seems like a ridiculous amount of time, but I never look at it that way. I honestly enjoyed my hair in the first or second pic probably as much as I do now. To me LHC is more about learning how to care for your hair and making friendships. Growing is something that happens along the way, while you are busy trying out updos and deciding which new hairtoy you cannot live without.

So yeah, that's my 8 year anniversary post. Thanks for reading and being a part of my experience here on LHC. :smooch:

EdG
February 5th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Congratulations on 8 years! :cheese:

Your hair is simply amazing. :thud:
Ed

Peter
February 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM
:thud:

Enough said!

RoseRedDead
February 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Wow... Congratulations! Your hair is very inspiring... But I need to stop looking at it because it makes me want to grow to knee. :D

carloota
February 5th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Congratulations! :applause

ericthegreat
February 5th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous. Congratulations on you 8 year anniversary! :disco:

windinherhair
February 5th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Your hair is so beautiful!!! You have gained a lot of length as well as thickness! You have really come a long way in 8 years. I love your siggy picture!! Happy 8 year anniversary and congrats! :)

embee
February 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Oh my. What beautiful hair! Congratulations on your anniversary. :)

Fractalsofhair
February 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Congrats! Your hair is so thick at the ends now! That's a huge improvement!

pepperminttea
February 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Congratulations - such beautiful thud-worthy hair! :thud:

ps. Thank you for your youtube videos, between you and Torrin Paige, I'm learning new things all the time. :)

Narya
February 5th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Congratulations! 8 years may seem like a long time, but it was clearly well spent: you have gorgeous hair!

Lamb
February 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous. :thudpile:
I'd also like to say your website is very inspirational and helpful for aspiring longhairs. :flower:

LaurenH
February 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
WOW!! :) Your hair is gorgeous!

LadyVictoria
February 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Your hair is simply stunhning, congrats. And thank you for all the youtube vids :-D

Beets
February 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sniff! Your post made me tear up! I couldn't agree more about the growing-happens-when-you're-busy-enjoying-your-hair thing. Thanks for sharing!

patience
February 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

You're definitely one of my hair inspirations.

whiteisle
February 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I was just checking out your site! :D

Your hair is gorgeous and such an inspiration! Congratulations on 8 years of happy growth! :toast:

Aquamarine
February 5th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Your hair is Awesome!:thudpile:
Happy 8th Anniversary!!:cheese:Congratulations!! :cheer:

cindy58
February 5th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Happy Anniversary! What a positive change in your hair, it looks marvelous!

frodolaughs
February 5th, 2010, 08:12 PM
It's great to see those progress pics. Your hair is both beautiful and encouraging.

YoginiCelestial
February 5th, 2010, 08:13 PM
:)Congrats on your 8 year anniversary at LHC!
Your beautiful, healthy hair is such inspiration to everyone!
And sending good wishes for continued hair growth and more anniversaries!:):cheer:

BlndeInDisguise
February 5th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous!! You've given me hope that maybe my ends will eventually thicken up. :)

AnitaThorn
February 5th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Completely lovely! Congratulations! Your hair is amazing! :cheese:

AnnaMarie
February 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
:bowtome: So beautiful, wow! Congratulaions

Carolyn
February 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
What a cool post! I agree with what you said about gaining length versus the friendships and learning about good hair care. Congratulations!

peachrose
February 5th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Gorgeous! You are simply stunning.

Cereus
February 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Good grief! Beautiful hair.

WyrdWay
February 5th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Happy 8th hair aniversary, fellow kentuckian! Your hemline is freaking amazing, and your hairs overall apperance is fantastic! I wish I had found the boards 8 years ago!

butterflycayton
February 5th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous!! Love your hair.

rags
February 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Happy Anniversary! As far as your hair, all I can say is :thud:

NiAosSi
February 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
You've come a long way and are a great inspiration! Congrats! :toast:

Sissy
February 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM
To me LHC is more about learning how to care for your hair and making friendships. Growing is something that happens along the way, while you are busy trying out updos and deciding which new hairtoy you cannot live without.

That's a great outlook Cinnamon Hair! You have been one of my inspirations on this board. You are beautiful and your hair is lovely! Congrats on your 8 year anny :)

RavennaNight
February 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Congrats on 8 years!:joy: Your hair is super thudworthy. :thudpile:

Naamah
February 5th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It inspired my goal of knee length. :)

Shermie Girl
February 5th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Happy Anniversary! :hollie:

loralie
February 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
You're gorgeous, I just got lost in your website for an age! Impressive growth, and your hairtoy collection is insane... In a good way! :)

Masara
February 5th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Happy anniversary.
Your post came at just the right time; I've been wondering if I have to accept my thinning ends or if it's possible to thicken up a hemline and your ends are a wonderfuexample of what you can achieve.

Leela613
February 6th, 2010, 12:11 AM
8 years :agape:. Congratulations!
Your hair is gorgeous and healthy

Loreley
February 6th, 2010, 12:26 AM
:thudpile:Happy anniversary and congrats on your improvement!

Gumball
February 6th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Your hair is incredible, Cinnamon Hair! Here's to 8 wonderful years! You've been an inspiration to many and you really are just a great person. Congrats!

Accodion
February 6th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Oh my! You and your hair are both so stunningly beautiful! Congrats on 8 years!

You're definitely inspiration for me to keep going with my hair =)

Melisande
February 6th, 2010, 12:48 AM
You were one of my first hair inspirations, and you are still. You are so knowledgeable about updos and hairtoys - and your collection is so awe inspiring - your hair so beautiful - and you so full of good advice and always in a nice voice - you are for me one of the great idols of hair care.

PlumKate
February 6th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Truly gorgeous and amazing, an inspiration.

Aditi
February 6th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Congratulation!!!! :cheer:
Your hair are simply GORGEOUS :crush: can't help myself but DROOLING on it :D

Ryanne
February 6th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is really amazing, very beautiful!

maskedrose
February 6th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Congrats, what an impressive change. I'm flabbergasted that the hair in the first pic could turn into the hair in the last pic - you can't even see the "PINK" on your pants!

Sylvanas
February 6th, 2010, 02:08 AM

Happy anniversary! Your hair looks absolutely stunning :flower:

beez1717
February 6th, 2010, 02:33 AM
You are the type of person that new members like me can look up to. :) Your hair is so beautiful!!!!!!!

Isa-belle
February 6th, 2010, 02:46 AM
What a great post, Cinnamon! You said it all right. It's also obvious you've been "doing it all right" for many years now.
You're an inspiration to many of us here! I love the emphasis you put on the fact that what matters is the hair care and friendships, and that growth happens along the way.

Thanks for being part of this forum! Happy anniversary :cake:

janeytilllie
February 6th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Congratulations on your 8 year anniversary! :cheer: :bottomsup: :cheese:

Your hair is so beautiful!:inlove::thud:

rach
February 6th, 2010, 03:07 AM
speechless :thud:

Carina
February 6th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Congratulations to that awesome progress and beautiful hair.Your pics give me hope for my own hair.:cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
February 6th, 2010, 04:43 AM
no words to describe how awesome this thread is <3

EvaSimone
February 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! :thudpile:

Tangerine
February 6th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Congratulations Cinnamon Hair! As so many have said before me, you are an inspiration. I love your website! :flowers:

kelly-j
February 6th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Congratulations, you´re a true inspiration to all of us!

Chrissy
February 6th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Congratulations. It is my 8 yr anniversary also. Unfortunately I cut a few years back. I will now strive to do better and get long once again. You're hair is beautiful.

mellie
February 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Wow!!! You are such an inspiration, Cinnamon Hair!! Beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!!

And Happy Anniversary Chrissy too!

paper
February 6th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Happy Anniversary Cinnamon Hair! :flowers: Your hair is amazing, just beautiful!!!

tamif27
February 6th, 2010, 06:44 AM
So what's your regimen, if you don't mind saying?

(imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.)

EDIT: oops, I see from another post you have a website. Never mind.... well, except for the flattery.

Chrissy
February 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I went to your page and I love it. You could open a store with all the hair toys you have!! :) Also you do updos with such ease.

Little_Bird
February 6th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is so beautyfull and even if it has only grew 15 inches because of the trims, it looks so healthy and thick all the way down to the very ends! It's just gorgeous and you have all the right to be proud and happy!

:flower:

Pixna
February 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Cinnamon Hair, I remember that first pic when we were on the old boards. Your hair has come such a LONG way (literally!!) since then. Some of us are here for the growth of our hair, some are here for the health of our hair, and some are here for both. The health and thickness of your hair have improved incredibly, and the additional length becomes almost irrelevant in light of the beauty you have achieved. Your hair is beyond gorgeous. What an accomplishment!!! :bow:

FrannyG
February 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on 8 years of great hair care and beautiful growth! :blossom: Your hair has always been and continues to be such an inspiration! I'm so happy that you here at LHC. :flowers:

CrisDee
February 6th, 2010, 08:07 AM
:agape:WOW! Absolutely stunning!

HappyKarin
February 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks extreamly healthy and I alsow want to grow my hair to kneelength when I see you hair. I check in to your page now and then, specially when I want to look at hair toys.....when I have to deside which hair toy I can't live without ;)

Queen Olympias
February 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Cinnamon Hair, your hair is incredible!! I just perused your website - now I am inspired to make my hair long and healthy! Thanks for sharing your story and all of your hair information. Inspiring!

cmnt831
February 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Oh, wow! This is so inspiring! Congratulations on 8 years and :thud:-worthy gorgeous hair!! :D

Garnet66
February 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Congrats on your eight year anniversary. Your hair is so beautiful.

JessTheMess
February 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Happy Anniversary!:cheer:
Your hair looks AMAZING!!!!

Shorty89
February 6th, 2010, 08:36 AM
:thud: Your hair is gorgeous!

Medievalmaniac
February 6th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Congratulations. Your hair is amazing, and I think I've already told you you are one of my greatest inspirations on this board...but it won't hurt you to hear me repeat it.;) I can't believe how amazing your hair ends look - so thick and healthy!! You are such an inspiration. :D

Xandergrammy
February 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! You'll always be one of my inspirations and it's some of your updos that "motivated" my DH to start buying me some Ficcares. So THANK YOU!!!!! :flowers:

Diamondbell
February 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Really beautiful! :thud:

Rentlle
February 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
congratz!!!
8 years! wow!
your hair is soo beautiful now! i love the colour!
This is such an inspiration for me :)

Mebo
February 6th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Yes it is! I really enjoyed seeing the progression over the years. I have been here since 2001 with ya'll in all the permutations, but I couldn't tell you when.....

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous hair.

justme
February 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
You are a true inspiration!

restourceful
February 6th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Amazing! Cinnamon you and your hair are stunning. Happy anniversary and congratulations! I'm glad to have such a great mentor who has led the way for those of us who follow along on our long hair journey.:flower:

Upside Down
February 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I'll just add another WOW.

So here goes...

WOW! :)

DavidN
February 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Congratulations, Cinnamon Hair, on your LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!:cheer: Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with your fellow LHC members, and your hair is truly outstanding, with the most beautiful colour!

BrightEyes
February 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Congrats! What beautiful hair.

morguebabe
February 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
WOW. very amazing!

Liss
February 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Congratulations, your hair is fabulous and you are a true inspiration. Despite only growing 15", your hair looks in amazing condition with an excellent hemline.

bte
February 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
That's the ultimate LHC success story - congratulations, WOWs and THUDs.

longinthehair
February 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Cinnamon - You've been one of my main inspirations all along this journey..thank you so much for your site and insights! Whenever I want a lift and/or some encouragement, your updos and 'hair down' photos are so inspiring! Congrats and keep on growing!
ps: oh, and did I say?..have major 'hair length/type/thickness/guru-status' envy...

Cinnamon Hair
February 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
There is no way I could ever reply to each of you, so I'll just say
Thank you X 84 replies.

Here is my routine. (http://beyondclassic.awardspace.us/routine.html)
The short version is: CO daily White Rain Coconut on the scalp, Biolage Conditioning Balm (conefree) or L'Oreal Mega Moisture (coney) on the length, put it all in a shower cap, rinse and detangle at end of shower, put in turbie twist, comb when I take it down, wait about 30 mins., damp bun, take down at night, put up in sleep cap, go to bed, wake up, repeat. Usually on Sundays I shampoo and deep condition with a heat cap for 30 mins. Sometimes I will oil overnight before shampoo day.

Yozhik
February 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Your hair is stunning! And so thick and beautiful.
Congratulations on 8 wonderful years :flower:

eta: I'm off to peruse your website asap :)

Demetrue
February 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
You have always been one of my hair "idols" - Congratulations on 8 years of beautiful growth!

chloeishere
February 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair. Congratulations on 8 years!

JenniferNoel
February 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Congratulations on your outstanding progress, gorgeous hair, and eight year anniversary!
A serious inspiration. :)

Wally
February 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! Congrats on your anniversary.

Teazel
February 6th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cinnamon Hair, I had no idea you'd come such a long way... I suppose I'd assumed that you've always had the thudworthy hair you have now! Wow.

Those photos in the snow are really beautiful.

Longlocks3
February 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
It's really inspirational! It definitely shows that with care and patience, not only can you grow beautiful hair but also have the hemline of your dreams(if blunt is your dream of course!).

zift
February 7th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I discovered your site even before LHC and you inspired me to grow to super long lengths. At that time you had huge improvement too but the way your hair has become now is phenomenal Cinnamon hair. You deserve all the compliments.
congratulations on your length and thickness and thank you for giving us hope:heart:

Stubborn
February 7th, 2010, 01:38 PM
awesome progress

curls2grow
February 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cinnamon, your hair is stunning! Congrats on 8 years of beautiful growth. Your ends do look so thick and healthy. Your January pics are so pretty!

Stagecoach
February 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Your hair is such a beautiful inspiration for so many of us Cinnamon! Congratulations on 8 years!

The amount your ends have thickened is amazing and goes to show what an amazing difference proper hair care can have on the overall volume and condition.

melikai
February 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but Congratulations on 8 years of beautiful, healthy hair! The difference from where you started is simply amazing. I love your hair.

SimplyViki
February 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Your hair is incredible, you're one of my hair idols here. :bowtome: Congrats on 8 years (wow, that's a long time!)

akevita2002
February 7th, 2010, 03:23 PM
8 years wow, simply wow..I wish my hair would look this healthy and beautiful in 8 years time:) Amazing hair! Congrats

eamane
February 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Congratulation on your anniversary :flowers: Gorgeous hair!

SilvraShadows
February 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Your progress is so amazing! Thank you for sharing and breaking some rules... who would have known daily CO washes would result in such fabulous tresses! It's been a wonderful journey for you and you are so right about the fun of it.

Blessings!

elvea rose
still-workin'-at-it :shrug:

SchnauzerMom
February 7th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous! Happy 8th anniversary!

freckles
February 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM
You have some of the most glorious hair I've ever seen. My goal is 'only' tailbone, but you kind of make my covet knee-length hair! Congratulations on 8 years.

Monsterkitti
February 8th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Wow dont think Ive seen any photos of your hair from when you started here, the difference is amazing! Congrats on 8yrs! :)

ambism
February 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Congratulations! I have to say that I'm very jealous! Grr! XD

DMARTINEZ
February 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I LOVE your hair!!! Always have :)

Deb

frizzalot
February 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
wow your hair is so amazingly beautiful!

happy 8th anniversary :)

Angela_Rose
February 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Wow, eight years. Congratulations, and your hair is simply an inspiration to us shorties!

DarkChocolate
February 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Your hair is so beautiful:) You are definitely an inspiration! I am also waiting for my hair to kind of catch up to itself:)

The current length is sooo awesome:) Your thickness is envious:flowers:

I love the cinnamon brown color of your hair as well:)

pdy2kn6
February 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Congradulations cinnamon hair!!! You've made amazing progress!!!!! Can't wait to see how it is in a few more years:)

little_acorn
February 8th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Happy anniversary :cheese:

Your hair is really beautiful and very inspirational :flower:

cocolover
February 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Your ends are amazingly thick! Beautiful hair, congrats on your anniversary.:D

skay
February 9th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Your hair looks great - love the length.

That's amazing how your hair took off!

merryhair
February 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Your hair is amazing!!:) Happy Anniversary!:cheer: It's truly inspiring!:flower:

Juneii
February 9th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats! your hair is absolutely beautiful!! my original goal was classic but your knee length looks really nice on you.... :3

Luckysock
February 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Beautiful! i can't believe the improvement in the condition of your hair over the years - really inspiring :D

catfish
February 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Congratulations:D I can only hope my hair is just as stunning 8 years from now.:D

utdesertrunner
February 9th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Amazing...simply amazing!

MsBubbles
February 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
What an inspirational story! I look at my ends and think I just don't have what it takes for super long hair. Maybe there is hope! Your hair is amazing.

camirra555
February 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM

Enough said!

Yes! This! Amazing story and beautiful pictures

-simply Venus-
February 9th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Ah, your hair is so beautiful!! Congrats on 8 years!!

lhangel9
February 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Cinnamon, your hair is a major inspiration. My goal is (and has been) knee length for quite some time. Your hair is so beautiful and healthy looking.

Congratulations to you - You deserve it!:cheese:

TheBlondeApple
February 10th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Love the progress!
And I love your Hairtoy-in-use-pictures!!!
Anja

LittleOrca
February 10th, 2010, 02:57 AM
*Claws at Cinnamon like a crazed pre-teen fan.*

IT'S HANNA MONTANA!!!! er... CINNAMON HAIR!!!! *SQUEAL!*

:D Congrats

enfys
February 10th, 2010, 04:42 AM
You are a real asset to the community sharing your knowledge (especially of updos). Without you personally I'd never have thought I could wear a French twist and I'd have either lost half my hair to my turbie towel or thrown it in the bin...

I think every one of your fifteen inches was worth the time it took. :flowers:

Congratulations and of course WOW!!

cmnt831
February 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
*Claws at Cinnamon like a crazed pre-teen fan.*

IT'S HANNA MONTANA!!!! er... CINNAMON HAIR!!!! *SQUEAL!*

:D Congrats

{thread hijack} Little Orca: Your avatar is moving!! That's so cool!! :D {end thread hijack}

darkwaves
February 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Oh, so beautiful! Thanks for your example and presence here!

nicolezoie
February 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM
When I started I knew nothing. Literally. I wore my hair down all the time because I didn't know any updos except a ponytail, didn't cut at all for several years, shampooed daily, etc. etc. ....But then my hair kept growing and before long I was on my way to knee length, Knee length was never really a goal for me, but that's where I am now. My main priority has been improving horizontal volume... I have always loved long hair, but never thought I would or could grow this long. I could not be more :cloud9: than I am with my hair today. There were many times I thought it would never thicken up at hip or tailbone length, so I'm really amazed with where it is now.

Your story is very similar to mine. :) I actually have a more uniform horizontal volume at my length NOW than I did at shorter lengths. I had "tiers" of a bunch of hair at one length then it dropped off at a longer length, and so on, but now I'm at a point if I were to cut off just a few more inches, I'd actually have what I strived for at shorter lengths - one-length hair. It tapers yes, but the taper is much more gradual than it ever has been in the past.

Tresses
February 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Cinnamon Hair, I remember that first pic! :bigeyes: You have made incredible progress, and your hair is absolutely stunning. You give me hope that my thinning ends will recover someday, now that I'm back to pampering them. Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

JamieLeigh
February 11th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Happy anniversary!! Wow, 8 years! I wish I'd been around here 8 years ago when I first reached hip-length and began to maintain to get rid of my damaged few feet of hair. Your hair is amazing, and a great example of what you can do when you maintain for thickness. I'm trying to do this, at fingertip length, and maybe someday I'll be where you are now. :) You're an inspiration in so many ways.

I agree 100% that the most fun in the hair journey comes NOT from measuring and finding you've gained (although that's awesome of course) but in the smaller, day-to-day things like having the perfect style or accessory for whatever occasion, or making a perfect braid, or just sitting and enjoying a hair treat, like a honey mask. :flower:

Congrats on being happy with your hair, that's the main thing, and you have a LOT to be happy about!! :cheese:

Merewen
February 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Congrats!

I actually found your site before I managed to find this place. Your hair is lovely.

Taika
February 12th, 2010, 02:32 AM
wow , your hair is very beatiful...

hmmm
February 12th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous! I can't believe you've come such a long way, congratulations!

Radulfr
February 12th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Congratulations on a hair-growing job well done! :thumbsup:
It looks great.

halo_tightens
February 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry to take so long to chime in here, but--

Congratulations on eight glorious years!

Your hair is lovely, as is your hair-growing story. You're such an inspiration to long-hair-lovers everywhere! :flowers:

Nightshade
February 12th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Holy gods! How did I miss this thread!!??

I've never seen those earlier pics, CH, they give me so much hope that I can get my hemline as thick as yours :inlove:

Amazing hair, that happens to be attached to an amazing person :flowers:

sarahramen
February 16th, 2010, 06:26 PM
wahhhhh:blueeek: your hair is sooo beautiful, and congratulations

Bunnyhare
February 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
:toast: :joy: :thud:
Thank you for sharing the early pictures, what an amazing progress road of hope for the rest of us! You are an inspiration!!!:flower:

nellreno
February 16th, 2010, 07:23 PM
WOW! Conrats on the hair!

LuXious
April 4th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Amazing. It started out in a place where many people would just cut it up to BSL. Way to hang in there. It really paid off!

Debra83
April 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Congratulations!!!

BonnyJ
April 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM
You are an inspiration to us all. Congratulations!

kelly-j
April 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
You are a true inspiration, Cinnamon Hair. To have that long hair in such good condition is impressive. All I can say is: :rockerdud:bowtome:
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

EvaSimone
April 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Well if any thread deserved to be resurrected months after it was posted, this is one of them . :flower:

Cinnamon Hair
April 5th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Well if any thread deserved to be resurrected months after it was posted, this is one of them . :flower:

Well thank you! :redgrin: I was :hmm: and :crazyq: when I clicked on the Mane forum and saw this thread on the first page. Thought I had stepped into the Twilight Zone.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments & the belated anniversary congrats. :bow:

DragonLady
April 5th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Your website was one of the first places I visited after being directed here by a friend. I thought "wow, this woman is ObSeSSed with hair products". Now, I'm just envious...and more determined than ever to get my hair to grow as long as I can.

Congratulations...for everything. The hair, the great taste in toys, and the new .com, too. :)

EvaSimone
April 5th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Well thank you! :redgrin: I was :hmm: and :crazyq: when I clicked on the Mane forum and saw this thread on the first page. Thought I had stepped into the Twilight Zone.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments & the belated anniversary congrats. :bow:
You're welcome! :blossom:

Igor
April 5th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Congratulations on 8 years and what an inspiration you are!! :rockerdud

Indigo Girl
April 5th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Oh, I'm late to this; just saw it now...but Happy Anniversary, Cinnamon Hair!!! :bottomsup:

Your hair is beautiful, and so inspiring. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. :bluesmile

:thudpile:

eresh
April 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I can't believe I missed it the first time!!

Happy belated anniversary!
You and your hair are amazing!

Merkaba
April 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Wow that is amazing. The difference between your first pic and your more recent ones are just astonishing. I love your color too!

long.again
April 5th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Wow, what an inspiration. Really, though it's "only" 15 inches, look at the volume increase! Your hair is so beautiful.

Lykaios
April 5th, 2010, 12:16 PM
If I had hair like that, I'd be on :cloud9: too!!

Congrats, and awesome hair.

dropinthebucket
April 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Absolutely stunning! :)

Shicurls
April 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Congratulations on eight years of being an inspiration to us all!

cocolady
April 10th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Your hair is amazing! I love the color and thickness, absolutely beautiful :eek:

AnitaThorn
April 10th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Lovely! You are my hairspiration! :D