PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please

Elph
February 5th, 2010, 02:02 AM
OK, so for a long time now I have wanted to either dye the very tips of my hair or put some streaks in the underneath. I was thinking purple or something like that.

What whould people suggest?

Liluri
February 5th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I've had thoughts about bleaching my ends and dying them purple as that's the only way it would show up on my dark hair. I'd love to see it :) I think the ends are the best as you can always trim them without losing a lot of hair. Also you might want to buy some of those hair streaks you can get at lots of Price Attacks or hairdressers and you can try some purple ones?

MakeLoveNotWar
February 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Would you bleach the streaks to get them to be really bright? Or would you prefer darker streaks right over your natural hair color?

mellie89
February 5th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I would say either buy some clip-in colored hair extensions or use a semi-permanent deposit only dye like Manic Panic, Speical Effects, or Punky Colour (around $10 for a bottle). And yeah, you'll have to bleach to get the color to show, so make sure you really want them!

Personally, I've been thinking about putting some red streaks in my hair. :)

Can't wait to see what you do!

Iara
February 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM
The nice thing about doing the tips is that you can always just trim them off when you are tired of it. Streaks are a bit more of a commitment, but if they are the underneath layer of the hair, you probably wouldn't notice the damage too much. The only thing I'm not sure about with either, is how much it would increase tangling issues.

Elph
February 6th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I know that I would have to bleach before I colour. The only problem I have to deal with is to figure out what dye I could use as the purple I have used in the past (wacc dye) washes out soooo quick.

Now do I go tips and if so how long and does anyone have any pics I can see before I do it.

jmallen62691
February 6th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I'm planning on putting some Manic Panic in my hair. I haven't decided what color or exactly what I want to do. I'm thinking just one streak in the front to start with and see what it looks like. But I don't wanna bleach before I color. :[ So, I'm interested in the suggestions too.