PDA

View Full Version : Six months anniversary - thank you, LHC!!!

Medievalmaniac
February 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Sooo...I just realized it's my 6 month anniversary, or just slightly past it, and it would be difficult to express in words how glad I am I found this place!! Not only have I discovered hairsticks (my FAVORITE thing in the world, aside from books, writing, and anything medieval! lol) but my hair is in the best condition it has ever been in, and I've gotten amazing growth already!

My progress: July, 2008:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/IMG_2250.jpg

Bleached and highlighted, following a post-baby-I-hate-myself-why-did-I-think-I-could-handle-this self-deprecating phase in which I needed to control something...and chose my poor hair... :(

July, 2009:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/230.jpg

Dyed back to the proper color, lol, and around or just below BSL. But it was still showing some damage, and the ends were crissssppppy from all the processing.

And today:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/006-12-1.jpg

About a quarter-inch trim to even ends last night, plus bun waves, makes it look a bit shorter than waist; it's actually a bit below when not curling from being put up. Last dye job was in October, and I think I can stretch it out to about 4 a year....or henna, if I screw up the nerve! :)

My Current Routine: biotin and gelatin supplements daily for growth and strength. C-W-C once or twice a week with VO5 moisture and clarifying shampoos and conditioners, plus regular oilings rotating coconut with olive oil. Nightblooming anointing oil once a week, and her panacea for split ends after each washing. My hair has never felt this good, looked this good, or been this long and thick, and I am delighted. Next stop, hip, and after that, TB....on to as close to classic as I can get! :cheese:

Bonus: I have made so many new friends who not only "get it", but also who support me in my efforts and goals for my hair. I'm so grateful for all the advice, support, encouragement, and laughs I get from you all!

Thank you, LHC!!!

Kalyca
February 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
your hair looks amazing =]

anneisanne
February 4th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Your hair looks lovely, and your baby looks adorable and really engaged in the first picture.

Sammich
February 5th, 2010, 01:16 AM
How pretty and voluminous! :D Your hair colour in the before picture suits you too you know. ;) I love how healthy looking your hair looks now. ^_^

jera
February 5th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Congrats on your 6 month anniversary and your hair progress. Your hair looks awesome now. So thick and shiny.

:cheese:

kelly-j
February 5th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Your hair looks great!

Loreley
February 5th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Congrats on your progress! Your hair looks amazing! :cheer:

Aditi
February 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Great progress :thumbsup: your looks beautiful than before and i like both the color on you :) Cute baby too :D :crush:

hydrangea
February 5th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Holy Toledo! :agape:What a change! Like a completely different head of hair! Looks great. It got so much thicker once you started the new routine.

Medievalmaniac
February 5th, 2010, 03:46 AM
It got so much thicker once you started the new routine.

lol...it got so much thicker when I stopped processing the crap out of it! :D That blond was a LOT of upkeep, a lot of roots bleaching, and so forth. I was a white-blonde baby, but when I hit high school it darkened...I think this is common in Celtic genes, my mom's side is Irish and her hair did that, also. As an adult, I think my natural color is maybe a shade or two closer to brown than red....but, I like the red. :)

Thank you for the hair love, everyone! I really am so delighted with my "new hair". It's so much better than I ever thought my hair could be, and it's only going to get better from here!! :D

cmnt831
February 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Oh, wow! What a difference! Very pretty hair. :)

rags
February 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Wow, your hair looks so great - and quite a lot of growth there too! Beautiful!

GoddesJourney
February 5th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Holy Toledo! :agape:What a change! Like a completely different head of hair! Looks great. It got so much thicker once you started the new routine.

You said it! Huge change. It looks like your routine is really working for you.

Sweetness
February 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Beautiful hair !! Love it !

DarkChocolate
February 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I love your hair:) You have had amazing growth!!!

JamieLeigh
February 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Happy 6 months!! :flower: :cookie: I'm sorry I missed this, I don't get online much anymore. :(

yellowchariot
February 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM
You've made excellent progression! I can tell a major difference for the positive! Keep it up! :thumbsup: