PDA

View Full Version : help.. need to go to the pool...

khyricat
April 29th, 2008, 04:57 AM
this is not the normal pool issue- I know what to do in general, but I remembered my suit and NOT the appropriate hair clips/cap... mom wants me to go to water aerobics with her later this morning.. I normally wind up with damp hair from the ears down, so I was thinking a high bun with my ron quattro metal forks might work.. can't believe I didn't even remember a ponytail holder and all my other hairtoys are my ficcare or wood....that came on the trip...

Any suggestions? if I had clips for it I'd try to do a crown braid- may still do that if mom has some bobby pins in the house.. she may have those or kippah clips I can use on the loose part of the braid.

Amie
Amie

Miss Murphy
April 29th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I would try a high braided bun (braided because it holds better) - and I can even get that to hold with a pencil, or a plastic ballpoint pen (if you don't want to ruin your toys).

HTH! :flower:

aisling
April 29th, 2008, 05:44 AM
The Quattro will work just great, I've used mine both in the pool and in sea water.

BlackfootHair
April 29th, 2008, 06:37 AM
If you have time and there is a store near by, I'd just try buying more hair ties. I like the ones that are all cotton...or the really small scrunchies... HTH! :)

Anje
April 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I'm sure a high bun with your Quattro forks would work just fine, assuming you can secure your buns well with them. After that, just follow the standard advice of wet your hair down and maybe slather on some oil or conditioner, if you have it handy. (Good thing is that not much will wash off into the pool with water aerobics, so you don't have to feel particularly guilty.)

I'm sure the forks will be fine, at least for occasional use like this. When you take your hair down to wash out the pool water, rinse them off, then dry them well with a towel to prevent rust. (Not sure that they rust, but I wouldn't take chances. They'll hold up to it short-term better than, say, wood would.)

khyricat
April 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
most of these came after class- the wet and oil first I already knew and did.. I did a braided bun without tools that held MOST of the way through class. it fell as I was getting out of the pool... I will use my ron quatros if I go next.

Amie

domonic_uk
April 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM
You can get double layered swimming caps that should hold in place better that the normal ones best to keep the chlorine away from the hair.

Blueglass
April 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
french braids with plastic ties are best for swiming

khyricat
April 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
thanks guys.. its a done deal.. I know what to do at home, have things to use at home, but was asked to pack my swimsuit at the last minute and with my final project turned in an hour before we hit the road... I totally spaced adding that stuff when I tossed the swimsuit in... didn't even have a regular hairtie.. a high braided bun, no toys (if I go again tomorrow or Fri, I'll use the forks!) worked perfectly...

Amie