PDA

View Full Version : Best way to Apply Oil on Scalp?

Dreams_in_Pink
February 4th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I dip a cotton ball in the oil mixture and then brush my scalp with it. Usually, i'm not sure about whether i've covered the whole scalp or concentrated on a section :( Does anyone have any other method of applying oil evenly (and easily) on scalp?

curlycrown
February 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
How I do it is I part my hair in 4 sections and secure them with clips or scrunchies. Then I go through each section by parting with my fingers and oiling the scalp. I use my fingers or if the bottle has a dropper like tip I just use that and gently squeeze some oil in the area. then I massage it all in. Hope this Helps! :)

Dreams_in_Pink
February 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
How I do it is I part my hair in 4 sections and secure them with clips or scrunchies. Then I go through each section by parting with my fingers and oiling the scalp. I use my fingers or if the bottle has a dropper like tip I just use that and gently squeeze some oil in the area. then I massage it all in. Hope this Helps! :)

i'll try to use dropper next time :) welcome to the LHC!

kittensoupnrice
February 4th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I tend to just rub the oil into my fingertips and then massage my scalp. As long as you go in from the hairline and don't muss up the length, it keeps the oil pretty contained on your scalp. Of course, I only do this an hour or two or the night before washing. :)

curlycrown
February 4th, 2010, 09:25 AM
i'll try to use dropper next time :) welcome to the LHC!

Thanks! Glad I could help!

starlights
February 5th, 2010, 03:36 AM
I normallypart my hair into sections, dab a little oil onto my fingertips then massage it into each area of the scalp, then down the length! minimal effort really!

Madame J
February 5th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I second an eye dropper. I use an eyedropper to draw lines across my scalp, and then massage it in with my fingers. My whole scalp takes 3-5 droppersful.

Dreams_in_Pink
February 5th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I normallypart my hair into sections, dab a little oil onto my fingertips then massage it into each area of the scalp, then down the length! minimal effort really!

For some reason, i cannot get that to work. Hair eats up all oils on my fingers before they touch my scalp. :brickwall

I second an eye dropper. I use an eyedropper to draw lines across my scalp, and then massage it in with my fingers. My whole scalp takes 3-5 droppersful.

Hey, i remembered those hairdye bottles with an applicator comb to attach :D I'll be looking for one when i go shopping! (i'll buy the hairdye and flush the liquid MWAHAHAHAH :D )

curlycrown
February 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
For some reason, i cannot get that to work. Hair eats up all oils on my fingers before they touch my scalp. :brickwall

Hey, i remembered those hairdye bottles with an applicator comb to attach :D I'll be looking for one when i go shopping! (i'll buy the hairdye and flush the liquid MWAHAHAHAH :D )

In my original post I meant to say applicator tipped bottle but I couldnt think of it. A dropper will work just as good!

Dreams_in_Pink
February 5th, 2010, 08:16 AM
In my original post I meant to say applicator tipped bottle but I couldnt think of it. A dropper will work just as good!

when you said dropper, i thought of a sharp tip with a hole. Comb would be better, like using a bunch of droppers at once :D

burns_erin
February 5th, 2010, 02:09 PM
You know, I have been using a meat marinade injector syringe, and it has worked quite well. I had been using a dropper and that worked well till the dropper bulb went bad. All I had was the injector, so i used it and never went back to the dropper. But, if you are going to use and injector syringe make sure it is one with one hole at the very tip instead of holes on the side of the needle.

Anywhere
February 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I use one of my moms old hair product things that I washed out. (Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum if you want to know what the container looks like) I fill it with EVOO and part my hair, make lines in the parts, and massage in. works well for me.