PDA

View Full Version : Rag curls rock-

rach
February 4th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I noticed some people here have had good results with rag curls so i thought why not. Fancy a different look tomorrow-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8w-uHx8KpQ

so i started with the oh so not sexy look last night while my hair was slightly damp from washing my hair.
6 single socks when into this such glamourous up-do -
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19752.jpghttp://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19770.jpg
covered it over with my silk hair cap which was a little lumpy.
and in this morning i unleveled the socks.
and the curls were of cause lumped up -
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19784.jpg
i separated them -
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19797-1.jpg
then i used my shea butter/coconut oil conditioner mix over them slightly and put in my small flexi-8 in -
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19847.jpghttp://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19832.jpghttp://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC19822.jpg
it's shrinking but wow!!!! I love the results and had to share with you.

Stormsong
February 4th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Huge envy here, those curls look gorgeous! well worth the sock look :)

jmallen62691
February 4th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Wow! Those are beautiful curls! I'm gonna have to try this now.

eresh
February 4th, 2010, 04:58 AM
:thudpile: :bowtome: :bowtome:

I LOVE it!!!
How do you start, do you twist the strand of hair first?
Did you use wet hair or a setting lotion?
How long did they curls last?

LOL all these questions...
But I want curls for my wedding ;)

mellie
February 4th, 2010, 05:05 AM
That's gorgeous, Rach!!

Svenja
February 4th, 2010, 05:08 AM
That's brilliant! Thanks for posting!!

rach
February 4th, 2010, 05:19 AM
:thudpile: :bowtome: :bowtome:

I LOVE it!!!
How do you start, do you twist the strand of hair first?
at bottom on hair length section first turn round the first part (helps my layers get into it) around the sock then roll the sock up then tie at the top without getting any hair into the knot.
video shows it on straighter less layered hair which with mine needed a little more help at the ends.
may need longer socks on longer hair. :p

Did you use wet hair or a setting lotion?
on slightly dam hair left over night in. But is did used my conditioning cream to tame it down a bit at the last part and it leaves it with some movement which i like .

How long did they curls last?
I'll get back to you on that :o

rach
February 4th, 2010, 05:21 AM
:flowers: Thank you for the compliments guys.
I really like this and it took very little time to do which is just great :eyebrows:

NiAosSi
February 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Those look so awesome, Rach!

Beets
February 4th, 2010, 05:57 AM
I love rag curls, and those are just delicious!!! Enjoy that gorgeous style, lady!

Omarrah
February 4th, 2010, 06:00 AM
OOOOOHHHH....SO PRETTY. Oh, sorry I yelled. But that is gorgeous. I gotta try that. Hubby loves curls, but I hate the time it takes to get them.

I'd have to buy a sleeping cap first I guess though.

Please do update on how long they last. I always have the "fall-out" factor. Meaning normally whatever I do to get curls in there they are usually gone in a couple of hours.

BTW: I love love love your color.

Leela613
February 4th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Those curls are very nice :eek:!! I'm gonna have to try this today :)

myrrhmaiden
February 4th, 2010, 06:08 AM
That looks gorgeous! ;)

kimki
February 4th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Gorgeous curls and your hair is so shiny and a lovely colour. :flower:

cleanbug
February 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
You tried them too, hey? I'll have to try fewer rags next time. I had 30 in my hair & resulted in a VERY tight curl. 6 socks would be much faster LOL.
you got a fantastic result! Love it.

rach
February 4th, 2010, 06:44 AM
You tried them too, hey? I'll have to try fewer rags next time. I had 30 in my hair & resulted in a VERY tight curl. 6 socks would be much faster LOL.
you got a fantastic result! Love it.

I'm blaming you for this :p
Saw yours and i thought wow!!!

Locksmith
February 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Wow! :O That's some amazing shine you've got there! I love rag curls.

melrose1985
February 4th, 2010, 07:08 AM
SOOOO pretty! I have to try this again!

Medievalmaniac
February 4th, 2010, 07:38 AM
GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :D You are SO having a great hair day!!

Stagecoach
February 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Oh my, those came out amazing!

Rag curls are a definite perk for shorter hair... I can not do them with my length.

Iara
February 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Wow, it looks gorgeous! Ive tried it before, but I used strips of an old towel and many more than six and I wasn't happy with it when I took it out because it was so tightly curled up until the last four inches by my roots (the combination of which looked odd). I'll have to try your sock method!

LadyVictoria
February 4th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Your rag curls look amazing! Sometimes I will rag curl my braid when I go to bed so that I have super braid waves in the morning.

AstrayStar
February 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I will have to try that myself sometime! Thanks for the idea, I have never heard of rag curls before!

Sammich
February 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM
They LOOK AMAZING! Oh gosh, they look so natural too, honestly very inspiring and makes me seriously want to try it... I just need to find rags... Gaahh...and figure out how to.. hmmm...
I'll be doing this in the future when my hair is thicker. :D

eresh
February 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Oh my, those came out amazing!

Rag curls are a definite perk for shorter hair... I can not do them with my length.

Really?
I'm going to try anyway! ;)
maybe I'll use kneesocks lol

JenniferNoel
February 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Those look amazing! No choice - I have to try it. :D
Pretty neat how natural and defined they look.

faeflame
February 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
OH. MY. GOSH!! Those are totally awesome curls! The color is pretty thudworthy, too.:thudpile:

klcqtee
February 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hm, so you have to report back and tell us how long they last, and I'm also curious, if you don't mind my asking, what's your virgin colour?

ETA: checked out your album, never mind on the colour question!

christine1989
February 4th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Wow! That looks awesome! How do you do that? Whenever I try it I fail miserably :(

BlueMuse
February 4th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I'm going to have to give this a try. A whole bag of foam curlers can't take the weight of my hair anymore. Mine is longer than yours, but I don't think it's a thick, so I hold out hope.

Gumball
February 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Wow they really turned out great! Your color is beautiful, too.

GoddesJourney
February 5th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Great picture with the rags in, honestly. That would be a fun one to wear out on one of those wacky days. Anyway, the end result is beautiful. I may do this one of these days. Valentines day is coming up, right?

rach
February 5th, 2010, 04:43 AM
last the day well ....... but i put i up in the the evening because i'm not keen on wearing my hair down for too long.
It was fun while it lasted and got a huge amount of compliments from going down the school to take and collect the kids, from people who hardly evan speak to me.

CaityBear
February 5th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I love them. I've done them once and they turned out great. Right now I'm trying to work to getting them closer to my scalp. When I tie them, it falls a couple inches and it annoys me.

Of course, my curls only lasted about an hour or two and then faded really quickly. :(

Liluri
February 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
rach - gorgeous results! :)

countryhopper
February 6th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Beautiful!

I did this on my hair the other night... 3 socks seems like enough for me to get a nice loose curl/wave.

Johanna
February 6th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I did some rag curls last night. I only did 6 of them. I couldn't get them to sit very high on my head either. I think need to add morw in next time. I did get a nice wavy cirl out of it though, lasted pretty much all day as well. The rag curling did make me relise something, the last few inches of my hair is pretty damaged and either needs a s&d or a trim. Waah.

cuddledumplin
February 6th, 2010, 01:42 PM
That's just lovely.