PDA

View Full Version : Made my hair length goal

XeniaR
February 3rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
I joined here ages ago. I read a lot but don't post much. I have learned a lot from this forum and wanted to say thank you.

I have officially met my hair length goal of "bra length". I am not sure what others mean by this, if it is the top of the back of the bra or the bottom, but my goal was the bottom of the bra line at the top of my waist.

I had very short hair when I started, I had even permed it once and professionally colored it a few times. Now I have no evidence of a past perm or synthetic color.

Since starting here I have learned how to care for my hair and to understand what my hair "likes" and responds well to. It is nicely healthy thanks to what you have taught me.

My routine:
Wash every other day: Suave shampoo on the crown only, Suave conditioner on the ends. Sometimes I wash just the crown of my hair without wetting the bottom in between. (I put my hair back in a very tight clip low on my head, bend over the tub, wet just the top, add a tiny tiny bit of shampoo, rub it in following the way my hair is laying, rinse and rinse and rinse.

When my hair is towel dry (no longer from rubbing!) I add Redkins Clear Moisture Instant Polishing Prep which has some cones in it but uses good conditioners including jojaba oil. This makes all tangles just fall out easily and my hair loves the this stuff. (It is as if my hair smiles when I use that stuff.)

Once or twice a week I add two tiny drops of jojaba oil to the botton half of my hair and brush through.

One of the very best things I learned here was about cassia and buxus. I LOVE that stuff. I use mostly cassia with a little bit of buxus that I bought from a link I found here. My hair is such a preety color and looks so natural. My "grey" is now highlights to my normally blond hair. The cassia is so nice to my very fine thin hair.

I have learned all kinds of things about how to protect my hair that I now just practice without thought. This includes frequently detangling with my fingers, not sitting against or laying on my hair, and covering it up in the bitter cold and wind of winter up here on the coast of Lake Superior.

Thank you all!

curlylocks85
February 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
I am glad everything has worked out for you. Congratulations on reaching your goal.

Angela_Rose
February 4th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Congratulations!

Do you think you'll maintain at your current length, or will you go on?

jel
February 4th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Congratulations!

Any pics? :D

Juanita
February 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Well done you.

Tangerine
February 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Well done! And great that you've found a routine that works so well for you that it has become second nature :) I love reading success stories .... but can't help echoing jel: ... any pics? :D

Sprigs
February 4th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! :D

Queen Olympias
February 4th, 2010, 05:03 AM
That's great! Hurray! I cannot wait to reach BSL! Also, I like your comment about your hair "smiling" - I am glad that your hair is happy :)

embee
February 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Congratulations on reaching goal. :)

Medievalmaniac
February 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Hurrah for goals reaching! Are you going to maintain from here on out, or continue on?

rags
February 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal!

LadyLongLocks
February 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Congratulations on reaching your long hair goal!

(I used Suave products in the 90s)

XeniaR
February 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I have been thinking about letting it go longer. I struggle a bit with styling my hair because pins and barettes all just slip out. Even rubber bands fall out of my hair over the course of an 8 hour workday. So, at some point I might find that it is too hard to manage my hair and decide to cut it back to BSL but I don't want to go shorter then that ever again.

It takes just one quick trip to a salon to shorten it so I figure why not see how it goes?

I don't have a picture of it but now that someone asked, I might find someone to take a pic with my cell phone for me.

I don't have a current picture of myself on my computer at all. I have lost weight since the avatar picture I used to have on here and decided to stop using it because it represents me 40 pounds ago and that is not who I am or ever will be again.

Fractalsofhair
February 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Congrats!!!

christine1989
February 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! BSL is my goal too :)

Hudar
February 4th, 2010, 09:16 PM
aw congrats on your goal. im a newbie and i love hearing and learning new things everyday about hair growth