PDA

View Full Version : Growing Curly

Cheeks1206
February 3rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hello, everyone! I am a curly girl from Houston that is about one year into the "hair growing process." About a year and a half ago I decided to chop all my hair off, not that it was all that long to start with; the longest part, my bangs, was about 3 inches and the shortest 1-1.5 inches. October 2008 was my last haircut and I haven't looked back since! I had a few awkward stages, mostly with my curls being at odds with the length and looking utterly ridiculous, but it's been pretty easy so far. Finally, I feel like I'm getting somewhere with the growth now that it's just barely past my shoulders (it touches just below my collarbone!) but this is also the hardest length for me to get past! I never really cut my hair, except for the occasional trim, until I was about 17. My hair was probably between hip and waist-length when I donated it to Locks of Love and cut it to my chin. I absolutely loved the cut I had, it was adorable and fantastic and never to be replicated again. I tried to get the same cut a couple more times and it never seemed to work out. Ever since that cut, I've not made it too much past shoulder length.

Sometime around November 2008 I decided I was sick of straightening my hair and I wanted to grow it out. I've really only had two really awkward stages, one where my hair was too short to curl and the other where my curls were sticking out at all sorts of odd angles. Bobby pins became my best friend. I'm in a pretty good spot now, length-wise, but the drying time is killing me. I guess I will just have to accept that I won't be able to leave the house with completely wet hair anymore.

I'm mostly interested in homemade recipes(!!) and general tips for taking care of my growing hair. I can't wait to learn new information and get to know everyone!

Pierre
February 3rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Welcome to LHC! I have curly ends, and I usually wear an updo that keeps the wavy roots tied up and shows off the curly ends. Stick around and you'll find lots of ways to have fun with your growing hair!