PDA

View Full Version : And Another Newbie!

hazelfaern
April 29th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Hello! I'm a 30 year old brunette with about 3 feet of hair. I've had long-ish hair most of my life, aside from a few unfortunate run-ins with scissors (the last unfortunate run-in was immediately following a disaster involving peroxide!).

About 2 years ago, I was introduced to the idea of no 'poo, or no shampoo, and I've treated my hair with baking soda and apple cidar vinegar, ever since. I like my simple, effective no frills routine, but I'd also like to treat my hair a little more nicely -- so right now, I'm working on building a habit of giving myself at least one scalp massage a day and oiling my length once weekly. My long-term goal is to have tailbone length hair.

That should take me approximately a year and a half!

jera
April 29th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hi hazelfaern,

Welcome to the baords. Seems we have a couple of things in common. The desire for tailbone length hair, and the desire for a healthy hair discipline regime. I already do daily scalp massages and weekly oilings.

Maybe we can assist eachother during the growing process. See you at the boards.;)

hazelfaern
April 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hi, Jera! Thanks for the welcome! :)

morningstar
April 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Welcome hazelfaern to the LHC. I too desire tail bone length. I know you will love it here.

meliora
April 30th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the boards! It sounds like you already have a good plan for caring for your hair :) Good luck!

Gumball
May 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the boards! I love when a routine works and it both makes your hair much happier and your wallet much happier. If oiling works for you then I'd say go for it and maybe even (if your hair likes it enough) try it out more than once a week to see how it works. This is just speaking from my experience that my hair likes being oiled a few times a week. I'll be seeing you around this place! Take care and again welcome! :)

hazelfaern
May 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcomes!

I've just realized I probably measured my hair incorrectly, so if my length goes down by a few inches in the next couple of days, I haven't cut it, I just figured out how to measure it correctly! :o