PDA

View Full Version : Aha! moment

sibiryachka
February 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
So I washed the hair last night, after a generous coconut oiling and leaving it bunned all day. Rinsed out with no-cone conditioner, let it air dry, did a little S&D while watching the tube... All fairly routine, until I happened to actually look in a mirror and realized it looked and felt *better* than it ever did after leaving a salon for a trim & blowout!! Shiny, ends looking healthy, moving like "model hair", color I love... And best of all, I didn't have that sad knowledge that it would stop looking right as soon as I washed all the icky salon product out. Yay!

Kristin
February 3rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Yay! Congrats on your healthy hair!:cheese:

Felix_D
February 3rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
You know what drives me crazy? All the shampoo commercials advertise healthy-looking hair. That's the phrase they use: "healthy-looking" or whatever.

Congrats on your actually-healthy hair!

Pakeezah
February 3rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Did you shampoo at all? and if so, with what?

spidermom
February 3rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Coconut oil is practically a miracle for my hair, too.

Red_Head_Reader
February 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Congrats on the nice experience! :)

sibiryachka
February 4th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Did you shampoo at all? and if so, with what?
Yeah, I'm nowhere near ready to ditch shampoo; my scalp is way too oily. Funny you should ask, though, because I was using something new which I found at my neighborhood Indian store*. I'd gone in search of not-rancid coconut oil (struck out with the first couple of bottles, from another store), also found tulsi & amla powders and this swell-looking Ayur brand henna & tulsi shampoo. It's imported from India and doesn't list ingredients but I decided to live on the edge a little. It doesn't feel coney at all, lathered and rinsed nicely, and smells divinely of rosewater.
*Shoutout to Apna Bazaar in Sacramento, where the clerk was very engaging about my obviously hair-related purchases. Apparently I should be using coconut oil in warm weather and amla oil in cold weather. He had me sold, too, and I was ready to buy it, but fortunately the only brand on the shelf did list ingredients, and the first one on the list was paraffinum. He seemed unhappy about that too; I wouldn't be at all surprised to find a pure one in stock next time I'm there.