PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal????

wahmof9
February 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
My cir. almost a year ago was 2 1/2...then it went to 2 3/4...this morning 2 1/4...I want to cry!

Is this normal? Any advice?

jera
February 3rd, 2010, 03:14 PM
My cir. almost a year ago was 2 1/2...then it went to 2 3/4...this morning 2 1/4...I want to cry!

Is this normal? Any advice?

Details please? Is it cold and dry where you are? Are you experiencing a seasonal shed? How's your diet? Are you stressed out about anything? Are you talking your hair vitamins?

I wouldn't panic. There could be lots of reasons for cir shrinkage. Lack of humidity in the air usually causes mine to shrink.

Kris Dove
February 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
How long since you last washed it? My circ is at it's biggest freshly washed and dry, then it shrinks gradually as it gets greasier...

wahmof9
February 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Details please? Is it cold and dry where you are? I live in the South West where it is very dry.

Are you experiencing a seasonal shed? I don't know...never cared until I joined :)

How's your diet? Mostly good, certainly could drink more though...

Are you stressed out about anything? Yes, financial issues

Are you talking your hair vitamins? Yes

I wouldn't panic. There could be lots of reasons for cir shrinkage. Lack of humidity in the air usually causes mine to shrink.
Does this help? :)

Any help is appreciated. Otherwise my hair is healthy..no splits and growing slow but well. I am full BSL when stretched.

girlcat36
February 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm going through the same thing. :mad:
Went from 3.2 last year to 2.5 and shrinking......
I have added meat to my diet, cut out grains(due to allergy), and take iron twice a day now.
I am still losing hair, but not as much as a month ago, but I am continuing to track it.

elina333
February 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Did you experience any hormonal changes? Maybe got off the pill or something? That usually cause shedding. Also if you're very stressed out about your financial situation, it might have something to do with it.

I've had two major sheddings over the past three years and I know exactly how anxious you feel... But dont panic! You will NOT lose all of your hair and it WILL come back. My advice is to go see a doctor (to make sure you're not lacking anything, iron for example) and then google "hair loss" or "female hair loss". You'll get lots of tips and advice and can also see what the cause could be.

Good luck and try not to worry! :flower:

Toothe
February 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry. That sounds to me like variations in measurement. Hair doesn't hold still and give a firm measurement--I get all kinds of numbers for both length and circumference. If you haven't noticed a lot of shedding, I'd wait a while (weeks, not a day :) ) and measure again.

Honey39
February 3rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
I never measure my hair - on 'big' days it's enormously thick and loads of it, on 'sleeker' days, it feels about half the size. It's hugely variable on me.

Are you shedding a lot?
Do you have little baby hairs coming in?
Is your scalp more visible?

I do check for thinning hair on myself, I must say, lol. I usually do it via photos though, and don't obsess too much. I got a little panicky when I first joined this forum, and started to imagine my hair was falling out - I think it was because I paid so much attention to my hair for the first time!! Now I don't really worry about measuring length or circumference, just make sure it's not falling out bucket loads and otherwise just enjoy it! :-)

spidermom
February 3rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
I had to quit measuring because my results jumped around all over the place, and the day I lost 3/4 inch in length since the last measurement was the last straw. I'd rather blissfully assume that everything is all right, and without the numbers to go on, I can do so.

So of course my advice boils down to: don't measure. And don't count shed hairs. Just see to your health as best you can and everything else will fall into place.

wahmof9
February 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
I had to quit measuring because my results jumped around all over the place, and the day I lost 3/4 inch in length since the last measurement was the last straw. I'd rather blissfully assume that everything is all right, and without the numbers to go on, I can do so.

So of course my advice boils down to: don't measure. And don't count shed hairs. Just see to your health as best you can and everything else will fall into place.

I like that thank you!