PDA

View Full Version : Not going to cut after all

ColoradoDreamer
February 3rd, 2010, 03:49 AM
The other day, I posted asking for feedback about cutting my "mullet of doom" into more of a layered bob because I just wasn't feeling good about how I look. You guys gave me a lot of encouragement, and I was pretty much ready to call my stylist.

However, money is tight for us right now and Hubs and I are both on fixed incomes. So the other night, I was sitting up late and doing some reading on here to see what others are doing with their hair as it grows out and I came across some threads about bangs (fringe). In one thread, I found a link to a video of someone explaining and showing how to cut your own bangs.

So Monday morning, I washed my hair, dried the front area where my bangs would be and cut bangs. I parted off a triangular area and clipped the rest back. Pulled the "bangs" all together, twisted the hair a couple of times and then snipped it all off at the bridge of my nose. I did have to adjust a little when I combed it all down so that it looked even. I now have bangs that fall just below my eyebrows! I can't believe what a difference this makes in how my hair looks now!

Although my sides are still shorter than the back, the front at least looks decent now with the bangs. My sister told me that this look is much more flattering on me than how I'd been wearing my hair (headbands or just letting it hang there). This has boosted my confidence, and I think I can hold off awhile before I do any major cutting of the length.

Now, if I could just make up my mind about whether to stay gray or use my LUSH Caca Brun again . . . :eyebrows:

elina333
February 3rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
Congratulations and good for you!!! :cheer:

Pumpkin
February 3rd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Happy to hear that you are pleased with your decision. :)

JamieLeigh
February 3rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yay for you!! :cheese: :D It's great that you found a way to save money and to have hair you can love. Awesome!

embee
February 3rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Glad you didn't jump to the stylist right away... that's why we talk about the "two week rule" before cutting. Wait, see if it *really* needs it.

Bet the bangs are softening, and the gray is fine too.