PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone able to tell...

Thinthondiel
February 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
...how this hairstyle was done?

This is a photo of me from when I was a kid. I asked my mother a while ago how she did that, but she said it must've been my sister who did it. I'd ask my sister, but I don't live close to her, and I think she'd find it weird if I emailed her to ask if she remembers how she made my hair look like that about 20 years ago. :p

Besides, she probably wouldn't remember... I'm betting that this hairstyle was the result of one of the hair experiments she performed on me, and that was probably the only time she ever did this particular style.

So... any ideas?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Thinthondiel/crop02.jpg

Aronomy
February 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Those are just pipe curls. Rollers most likely.

Thinthondiel
February 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Those are just pipe curls. Rollers most likely.

I considered that, but I've never seen rollers in our house... neither my sister nor my mother used rollers when I was a kid.

But who knows? Maybe she got some for the sole purpose of experimenting on me, lol! :p

Bellalalala
February 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM
my hair looked exactly like that when it was shorter and I curled it with a curling iron, my hair is very fine, much like that of a kid

Heliotrope
February 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
It looks to me like she separated your hair into vertical sections and wrapped it around a curling iron. Very fine, lightweight hair will stay curled like that because there isn't a lot of weight pulling the hair down.

Fiferstone
February 4th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Or rag curls? I've had rag curls do that exact same thing.

bumblebums
February 4th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I would guess curling iron.

christine1989
February 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I used to do that with my hair- you just use an ordinary curling iron and wrap your hair around it.

camirra555
February 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I also think they look like rollers...

teela1978
February 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I vote curling iron.

HildeMV
February 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM
The curl on the very right of the picture makes me think there were some sort of rollers put in vertically. Maybe papillottes

LisaJaney
February 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
My mother did that to my hair all the time when it was waistlength. She'd use foam rollers, I'd sleep in them all night, and then she'd take them out, wrap/brush the curl around her finger (pointing downward) and the curls would hang down my back. I always got such compliments on my hair, as a child, when she'd do this. I didn't care for sleeping on the rollers, but it was nice to be a princess the next day, so I'd forget about the lost sleep when I was riding high on pride ;)