PDA

View Full Version : Crunchy curls?

courtney_1991
April 28th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hi...

I have fairly wavy/curly hair. I don't like to straighten it too often, because I find that my hair is very sensitive and burns easily... So, I use curl gel. I use hairspray after applying the gel to keep my hair from frizzing (it tends to do that after I put gel in it)... the only thing I don't like about using gel and hairspay is my hair starts getting a hard "crunchy" feeling after I am finished... Although it still looks nice.
Is there a product that i could use that will give me the good looking curls without the "crunch" ? Just wondering...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Courtney

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ah8hog.jpg

P.S. You can see, my curls here...

Sofoulee
April 28th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Courtney..

I use Suave volumizing mousse on my hair (the one in the purple bottle) before spritzing Garnier Fructics Curl Construct Spray all over. While my hair is drying I scrunch it, and it's never crunchy feeling. I absolutely love it.. maybe it'll work for you!

courtney_1991
April 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much! :) I'll definitely have to try this out!

anna1850
April 29th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I really love Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils. I don't find them crunchy at all.

I used to use Frizz-ease gel and I found that sooo crunchy.

curls2grow
April 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Either Beauty Without Cruelty or John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli have been my HG leave-ins, followed by Aura Hypo-Allergenic gel. I get no crunch and my curls last well during the day (esp. when no humidity).

Shanarana
April 29th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I use a light curl cream and coconut oil, that seems to do the trick for me.