PDA

View Full Version : Lansoprazole??

Kris Dove
February 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
I was prescribed this medication to prevent nausea and excess acid production, and I've read in the long list of nasty side effects that hair loss is a rare but possible side effect :(

Has anyone here used this and did you experience any thinning?

jera
February 2nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
I've never taken it, but could you possibly ask your physician to prescribe something else for you to take? :confused:

I once had reflux disorder, but was able to treat it naturally. Prescription meds have so many nasty side effects, don't they. Anyway, I hope you'll be okay. ;)

pelicano
February 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
I've taken it, and I experienced side effects, but didn't get any hair loss. My side effects were feeling so tired I was a zombie (I was on quite a high dose I think though), and it making my existing joint pain worse.

clairenewcastle
February 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
My husband has been taking 60mg of Lansoprazole (30mg twice a day) since 2005. His wiry hair is extremely thick and has always tended to grow at an fast rate - we're talking about at least 3/4 inch a month. That growth rate has never diminished. :silly:
Two years ago I was prescribed 30mg of Lansoprazole a day for excess acid production and acid reflux. Although like my husband I found it sucessful at stopping my problems I decided not to take it unless absolutely necessary for I discovered some wonderful herbal alternatives that worked for me. About once or twice a month I take a tablet but that is only when I eat too much of a food I should never have ate in the first place. :(
Excess acid can lead to more serious problems so it's important to control it. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such problems and I hope you manage to get better.:blossom: