PDA

View Full Version : How to cover the forehead without bangs?

Druid of Alba
February 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hey.
So I'm growing my hair out long. I really like having a bit of hair over my forehead; I don't look great with it all pulled back. So here is my dillema: I want to have my forehead covered, slightly. I don't want to cut any hair at the front. So if my hair reaches my shoulders at the back, it will reach the shoulders at the front. Is there any way to style hair like this? Would parting my hair far over and having it drape over my forehead (and constantly be falling over one eye) work? Any other suggestions?
Thanks! :)

dmitri
February 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Parting it is the only solution I can think of too... And like you said, it would always be in your eyes. Which would be cute, but probably annoying... Maybe some sort of clip would help to keep the hair over your forehead but out of you eyes? But someone else will have to tell you which clips are hair friendly.

--D

Lamb
February 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM
You can try parting it in the middle, then pulling a lock or two across to the side.
If you want to do a side part, this is a good tutorial:
http://longhairloom.com/changeyourlook.html

ericthegreat
February 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM
You can do a very deep side part, and then drag the big side of your bangs down forming a rounded curve to cover that side your forehead. Then just secure it with a bobby pin near where your ear is.

Beesweet
February 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Buff, hat, bandana,snood.....

SonofaGun
February 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
A single bobby pin is usually enough to keep my side-parted hair out of my eyes. It works well too, because I don't want to place too much emphasis on any hair accessories.

Stacy_E
February 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM
Yeah, I was also going to say a Buff or headband.

Deb!
February 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Hey.
I really like having a bit of hair over my forehead; I don't look great with it all pulled back. :)

I have a high forehead but wear my hair all pulled back occasionally. It doesn't look bad as it's all quite close to my head.

If I'm going out or attending a function that calls for a fabulous do, I either wear my bangs over my forehead, fluffing them somewhat or I wear my bangs curled a-la Farrah Fawcett(more dramatic, actually). My total hairstyle dictates how I wear my bangs, that stated I know of no way to cover ones forehead otherwise that doesn't involve a scarf, sweatband or something of that nature.

Madame J
February 2nd, 2010, 07:36 AM
I have a high forehead and had bangs for my entire childhood. When I pixied in the seventh grade, I let it all grow out together and realized that my hair didn't look all that bad pulled back with no bangs. Now I wear my hair up all the time, with no worry for my high forehead. It looks fine.

One thing to think about is that, right now, holding your bangs back will look a little silly, since you have to pull it back rather tightly to get all the bangs to stay. When your hair grows out, you can do looser updos and it won't look so severe. I also have plenty of long-ish "baby" hairs (more like adolescent hairs) that frame my forehead and face, softening the effect of pulled-back hair.

Anje
February 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
For what it's worth, I think high foreheads look intelligent, and should be shown off....

As others have said, you could do a side part and pull the "bangs" area over and behind your ear to look like side-swept bangs, but without the cutting.

I suppose Rambo-style headbands aren't the look you want?

Druid of Alba
February 2nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
One thing to think about is that, right now, holding your bangs back will look a little silly, since you have to pull it back rather tightly to get all the bangs to stay. When your hair grows out, you can do looser updos and it won't look so severe. I also have plenty of long-ish "baby" hairs (more like adolescent hairs) that frame my forehead and face, softening the effect of pulled-back hair.

That is definately true! When my hair is longer , when I push it all back, it won't look severe, it will look natural. Quite the opposite of how it looks when I pull them back now. And when its long, if I ever do feel like covering my forehead (if I get a zit of something lmao), I could either wear a hat, or do a side part. Or I could just pull a Samara Morgan, but then I wouldn't be able to see! :p