PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a black sheep...

rosyaddie
February 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM
All the females in my family have short hair, and I'm growing out my pixie cut. My sister and mom are always saying that I look better with short hair, but all my friends at school say I look better with long hair. :P People are people, I guess. There's no way around it. At least I have an oval face. I hear any cut will look good on me. :)

Belledandy
February 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Congrats on growing out your pixie! Have you had long hair before?

Lisa Tregner
February 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
well that makes me the "blonde sheep" then

rosyaddie
February 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
I've never had it past my collarbone.... When I was little I had perfect curls... Sadly they are gone.

jaine
February 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I've never had it past my collarbone.... When I was little I had perfect curls... Sadly they are gone.

My curls are gone too and I'm growing out from a pixie ... we can commiserate! :)

littlemoon
February 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
ive always been a black sheep in my family, you get used to it and even learn to embrace it! ive also heard that people with oval faces can pull off any cut, ive always thought i was more of a circle face though..:o

good luck on your hair journey, keep us posted!:)

ArienEllariel
February 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
That's okay. I feel out of place in my family to, but for different reasons. My parents look at me like I'm crazy when I say I want to live out in the country one day and keep chickens and maybe some llamas, go green by using cloth diapers when I have children eventually, etc. (in addition, I'm really the only one who uses natural products and plans on growing her hair to TBL..) Also, I've decided that when my hair starts to grey one day, I'll just embrace it. My family doesn't really know what to think when I say things sometimes (though I didn't mention the whole grey hair thing).

Twil
February 2nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'm the black sheep because I've announced that I'm never having children, sparking a huge wave of unseen before denial that involves a lot of 'pshchaws' and 'you'll change your minds' and 'but you're so good with kids' in increasingly panicked tones.

I'm also the only one who uses the curly girl method, though everyone has curly hair in my family. I also don't use makeup. Everyone just refers to me as 'their little hippie chick' :p

Wally
February 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Different is good. Be yourself.

beez1717
February 8th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Wow! at this point i will turn into the black sheep in my family as well :) I remember when I was little I would go to sleep at night and i would dream that I had long hair. now i'm going to finally make that a reality. I mean before this I had very short hair because I didn't want to have to fuss with it. I guess I was just so afraid of dealing with my hair that I didn't ever grow it out :(

Now that i've finally learned to accept my hair and to want to take good care of it, i'm just so happy, and i'm so glad that i'm going to get some long hair one day.

Locksmith
February 8th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Being the black sheep is a good thing! It means people are getting exposed to doing things a different way, and I think that's generally a positive thing. :) Good luck on your hair journey, and stick with it as long as it's what you want. :)