View Full Version : URGENT, I Need To Talk To A Mod Or Admin ASAP Please

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
This is very important. Who is online?

I need to talk to someone privately.

Lexi.

spidermom
February 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
There is no mod on-line right now. If you go to the home page, everybody presently logged into the site are listed on the left side, and mods are in either a different color or bold (I forget which).

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
Thank you for your help.

I guess I'll just have to wait until someone comes online...

marikamt
February 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM
I think if you hit the "report" button and report yourself, you may get contacted rather quickly.....

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Report myself? As in report my own thread? Won't that get me in trouble?

SimplyViki
February 1st, 2010, 06:26 PM
What marikamt said. That's not a bad thing, like it might sound. Reporting just sends a message to all the mods, so if one of them is online and invisible, they'll see it right away. If you have a concern that needs addressed by one of them, that'd be the way to go. Of course, if it's regarding a post you've seen that you think needs addressed, don't hesitate to simply report that post. There isn't any penalty for reporting something you think needs mod attention.

ETA: If it makes you feel better, you can report my post. :p I'm pretty sure nothing bad will come of it, but if it makes you uncomfortable, I can go on the line for ya. :D

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM
I reported this thread. Thanks guys. :)

Delila
February 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Just politely butting in to note that it's fine to report your own post, and that it can be quite useful to do so.

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks Delia. :)

I've spoken to physicschick about the problem now, so my concerns have been aired.

Teacherbear
February 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for helping out with this, ya'll. Reporting a post doesn't do anything "bad" toward or about a specific member (especially the reporter). It simply automatically starts a new thread in Modland. It makes it easy for us to keep track of what types of reports are coming in. It use to be that we just got emails, then we'd start a thread if we felt it is needed. Now the thread is automatically there. :magic: It is a great time saver and a great way for us to document situations.