PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth extending to eyelashes anyone?

Pakeezah
February 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is anyone on a hair growth regime that has given the added bonus of improved eyelashes and if so, what is your regime??

LadyJennifer
February 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
I find olive oil on my lashes improves growth and thickness (I use it as a face moisturizer).

Avalin
February 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
Yes! I was shocked at how long and thick (I think they might be darker, too) my eyelashes have gotten after doing two things (at the same time so I don't know which one or if both are to blame).
1. I changed my diet to a low-carb paleo-ish diet and included more healthy fats such as grass fed butter, and pastured/grass fed animals (olive oil and nuts too).
2. I use only coconut oil on my face to moisturize and use a little more on my eyelids and eyelashes. I use clay or a oil to wash it.

I also hardly wear mascara, but I don't know if that makes a difference in the health of your eyelashes.

Amber Joy
February 1st, 2010, 06:37 PM
I've never personally tried it, but my sister swears that vaseline on her eyelashes make them thicker. I would guess olive oil would have that effect as well...

MandyBeth
February 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
I've found my biggest help is NOT wearing most mascaras daily. Esp any that are water proof or that are really heavy. It's not that those make my lashes grow less, it's that they make my lashes fall out easier. Korres is my only brand of mascara currently, mainly because I like their color best - I'm not aiming for length, only color. Length naturally is long enough, I use an eyelash curler and my lashes almost touch my brow, lengthing mascaras that work mean they will touch.

akilina
February 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
Taking biotin made my eyelashes get much longer and thicker. But it gave me massive painful zits and badbaddd headaches.