PDA

View Full Version : Crown-Braided Rope?

ArienEllariel
February 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
I just had a random thought come into my head. Is it possible to make a rope braided crown braid/crown-braided rope?<< my brain can't seem to tell me which one would be the correct way to say it... xD

I haven't seen one yet but I assume it is possible. Does anyone have pictures of what this would look like? I want to attempt it when my hair gets long enough.

Little_Bird
February 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM
It is possible! And they look so pretty :cloud9:

I wish guys could pull this one off :rolleyes:

Here's a picture :) Rope Crown Braid (http://www.braidedimage.com/Braided_Image_Hair_Braiding/Pictures/Pages/Twists.html#8)

It's from Braided Image, Karen Ribble's site. She's so awesome :D

Rivanariko
February 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Little Bird those pictures are GORGEOUS! I'm bookmarking that site for inspiration! The two-stranded french braid is still a little beyond me, but I'm motivated to try harder now!

ArienEllariel
February 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Oooh thanks for the site reference. I'll have to bookmark that now. :)

Little_Bird
February 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
Rivanariko, yes the rope braid is very dificult, specialy when it's done in a french way. I still haven't been able to do it but I do much would like to!

I've been inspired a lot by Karen Ribble's styles, and I can do most of them in other people, but I've been running out of models :(

If only I could style everyone's hair trough the internet! Gah!

:cool:

Aquamarine
February 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
Rivanariko, yes the rope braid is very dificult, specialy when it's done in a french way. I still haven't been able to do it but I do much would like to!

I've been inspired a lot by Karen Ribble's styles, and I can do most of them in other people, but I've been running out of models :(

If only I could style everyone's hair trough the internet! Gah!

:cool:Oh I wish I were living next to you! I'd love to have my hair done.As you said if only could style my hair through the internet!;)
Those are amazing braids...thanks for the link.

Queen Olympias
February 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
Whoa! I've never conceived of this - it is so beautiful! Crown braids are my favorite so I will have to learn this one :)

trillcat
February 1st, 2010, 06:56 PM
What beautiful braids! Though my arms hurt just looking at the pics :)

invisiblebabe
February 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, LittleBird! :)

Tornerose
February 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm sure you can do it. Combine Torrins French Rope Braid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqqnYtkL26o), and Torrins Crown Braid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjLWkfiHvE), and good luck ;)

Renbirde
February 6th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I've done it. It was a bit floppy, but it sort of worked. ;) I think I may even have pictures. The question is, which camera are they on?

Gumball
February 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Rivanariko, yes the rope braid is very dificult, specialy when it's done in a french way. I still haven't been able to do it but I do much would like to! <snip>

The hardest part about doing it that way is juggling the strands in your hand to make sure you add hair to both sides as you go, instead of one, then braiding, then the other, like is often done in french and dutch braids. Good luck with it! I add it to one side, then pass the two strands (including the one with the added hair) to another hand so I can add it to the other side. Then grip them again and continue braiding.

FrannyG
February 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I have more luck doing it as a continual reverse roll, which essentially is like a lace braided rope crown braid. That's the only way I've had success.