PDA

View Full Version : Finally - Hair Pics!

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well I finally got DF to take some pictures for me, one of which is now my signature piccy.

BSL is my (hopefully very) short term goal, then on to waist. :)

It's actually quite nerve-racking sharing my hair here, everyone else's is so gorgeous!

As you can see I've got some significant layering going on, some of which I intend to keep, but I'm definitely growing the shortest layer out. I also have a thickish fringe, which I definitely plan on keeping for always, even if it does remove some hair from the back view. :p Same goes for a little forward graduation. I need the graduation and the fringe to soften my face.

Eek, going to hit "submit" now!

Lexi :)

ETA: What signature piccy? That didn't work. I'll try uploading it again, oops. :p

ETA: Umm... I've hit insert now, and the preview looks exactly right, and I hit save.... but it isn't showing up. Am I being a klutz? *frowny face* I built myself up to this too. Arg.....

ETA: Tis below. Hoorah! :p

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Edit: Hooray, here we are...

My hair.

Also, my fringe is visible in my avatar. You get the gist.

*stops babbling*

restourceful
February 1st, 2010, 12:18 PM
Very pretty, Lexi. Love the color. And your name is one of my all time favorites.:)

linda g
February 1st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Way to persevere! :) Your hair is very pretty!

Queen Olympias
February 1st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Beautiful hair! I also have the short term (hardly feels that way) goal of BSL and then the long term goal of waist. Keep up the good work!

Fiferstone
February 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Very prety hair. I LOVEyour color :)

*Rose Red*
February 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
very nice colour!

Aquamarine
February 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Dear lexiflowers, your hair's very pretty:).Awesome color...is that your natural color?

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone. :) The compliments mean an awful lot coming from you guys. :D

...is that your natural color?

Sadly not. But shhh. :p Tee hee.

I'm a henna head. (Lush's Caca Rouge, several straight applications, but just glosses now to maintain roots, health, and shiny-ness without going any darker.)

My natural colour is strawberry-blonde. It varied a lot though depending on the season due to sun exposure (or lack of). In the summer it used to go very blonde with just a hint of ginger, but in the winter it was ginger with a hint of blonde. I always preferred my winter hair, and last summer it went quite ash blonde for some reason, which didn't suit me, so I started henna-ing.

I'm pleased with how natural a result I got. I mean in the sun it's obvious to anyone who uses henna that there's henna involved, but I suit ginger hair. I have very fair skin that burns rather than tans, and I'm freckly, especially in the summer, with green eyes, so it works. :)

The people that I've only met since I started henna-ing have all thought it was natural, I tell them it's henna if they actually ask but when they don't I'm happy to go along with it. :p

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
I just added an album on my profile entitled "Old School". There are pictures there of my hair when I was 11/12/13 years old. It was very long back then and you can see what my strawberry-blonde used to look like. :)

marobader
February 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM
bueatiful color

Sammich
February 1st, 2010, 02:54 PM
What an AWESOME shirt. ;) LOVE your hair, what a beautiful colour, and the soft look!

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you Sammich. :)

Beaglebuddy
February 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous hair and colour! It looks so thick and lush!

FrannyG
February 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Beautiful hair and beautiful colour! :inlove: My next pitstop is BSL too. I'm looking forward to watching your progress. :)

truwave
February 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Congrats on getting your upload to work! Your hair is beautiful, you are really close to bsl, I'm on my way there myself, but I'll be a while yet.

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm beaming. :)

Yes, I'm not far off BSL at all. I'm just skimming the top of the strap, so it shouldn't be too long before I get to the bottom of it.

Then I'll be off on the long road from BSL to waist! :)

Amber Joy
February 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Your hair color does look quite natural! It's very pretty! The length is nice, too.

seethruugirl
February 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM
very pretty! Love the color!

GuinevereMay
February 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
It's not often I see someone with the same hair color as me. Your natural color is so close to mine! Mine gets blonder in the summer and redder in the winter, but I am definitely a strawberry blonde. My hair has been much lighter since I've been living here (obviously.)

lexiflowers
February 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
It's not often I see someone with the same hair color as me. Your natural color is so close to mine! Mine gets blonder in the summer and redder in the winter, but I am definitely a strawberry blonde. My hair has been much lighter since I've been living here (obviously.)

Wow, that really is similar! :)

If mine had stayed properly strawberry blonde I'm pretty sure I'd never have coloured it at all. I never did during my teenage years! I loved my hair colour.

It just got so ashy and... eurgh... last summer. It looked awful. Nothing like it used to.

Your hair's lovely though. :) It's a very pretty colour (even if I do say so myself! :p).

ETA: I do love my henna, just to clarify. No regrets there at all. My hair did go ashy, so that's that. And I do really like being a proper ginger. :)

curlylocks85
February 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Your hair is beautiful; love the color.
I love your shirt too! It matches your hair. :cool:

lexiflowers
February 2nd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Your hair is beautiful; love the color.
I love your shirt too! It matches your hair. :cool:

Thank you! :)

JamieLeigh
February 2nd, 2010, 07:36 AM
You have very pretty hair! I love your color. :crush: