PDA

View Full Version : I have to make a decision, advice?

lesbia
February 1st, 2010, 11:22 AM
i'm wondering about to cut or not my hair...i'm around the midback and i want to reach tailbone. My hair are very fine, and i don't cut since 8 mounths, and i have some split ends. i want HEALTHY hair but i also want fairytales ends! :rolleyes: what can i do?

i was thinking that i can do a search and destroy, then wait until i reach waist, wearing (always?) my hair up and then, if they are demaged, i'll do a (little :D) trim...

what do you think? advices?? :cheese:

rootbeerbrown
February 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hmmm.

If you want to trim and also maintain that fairytale end shape I guess the best bet is to have a slight trim in a v or u shape rather than a blunt hemline.

Or you could just S and D as you said and allow the hair to create it's own uneven hemline which would become fairytale ends all by itself eventually.

So basically I think you could lose a bit of length now to achieve the shape you want or go for length first and then shape.

Dark Rosaleen
February 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
Go for a long search and destroy mission if you can, otherwise perhaps just do a very small trim and the fairytale ends will return.

lesbia
February 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM
that's true, i think i prefer to have long hair (expecially if they are healthy, and they can be healthy if i do s&d) and after, i'll think about their shape..:)

Anje
February 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
If you want real fairytale ends, I think your best option is to simply S&D away all the splits you can find. Having a few splits is quite normal, especially if your hair is on the fragile side, but S&D can keep them to a minimum. Wearing your hair up most of the time, and giving it what it needs in terms of moisture and protein will also keep the splits at bay.

If you feel like there's just too much damage, I agree with the suggestion to get it trimmed in a U or V shape, which looks more natural and fairytale-like than a straight-across blunt cut.