PDA

View Full Version : Great Hair Day --Terrible Pictures

Beesweet
February 1st, 2010, 08:34 AM
I recently switched to Aubry Organics Conditioner and a new mix of Indian washing herbs and my new hair routine is working!!! I am having great hair day after great hair day. Defined curls, actual spirals less frizz. Why can't I take a picture to prove it? I am using my daughter's five hundred dollar camera and I can't seem to get a decent shot. The color doesn't look right and the curls don't look defined. At this point, I am wondering what is real -- the hair I see in the mirror, or the hair in the pics. I am inside with flash, because it is pouring outside, so maybe it is the weather.

Oh! Did you hear that -- I am having a great hair day even when it is raining! I wish I could prove it......:confused:

RavennaNight
February 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM
Oh this happens. Cameras actually do lie sometimes. It has happened to me and a friend of mine really often with our hair. It is a combination of lighting, position, and just plain strangeness. No joke I am convinced cameras lie.

jera
February 1st, 2010, 09:07 AM
Awesome. Congrats on finding products that give you good results even in the rain. :p

bumblebums
February 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats!

Yeah, digital cameras often get the color wrong, and the dimensions are all out of whack sometimes. You could tinker with the pic in a photo editing program to try to make it look more like what you see in the mirror. And try it with and without flash, too.

Pakeezah
February 1st, 2010, 12:30 PM
What is your new hair routine and what Indian herbs are you using?

JamieLeigh
February 2nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Yay! Congrats on a good hair day, and finding a good routine you like. :flower: I know how frustrating it is to want to share something cool and the camera just won't cooperate. :rolleyes:

Sheltie_Momma
February 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hair twins (or cousins maybe, I don't have your curl) want to know what you are using please? It is a rainy day in Houston and even post coconut milk DT and damp bunned I've still got frizzles and frazzles today!

BelleBot
February 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Haha, I'm having a similar day. My hair looks all lovely soft and shiny and has wonderful loose curls from the bun I was wearing before but whenever I try and take a picture it looks terrible. Then again, the flash is useless and all our light bulbs are those nasty energy saving ones which make everything look grey. I'll have to wait till daylight, but by then my curls will have dropped out and I'll be back to straight hair.

Audrey Horne
July 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM
White balance is the key to a correct colour. I use a custom white balance if I'm not lazy. Make sure the camera focuses where needed and the f-stop is correct in your case.
Sometimes my photos look way worse than actual condition of my hair: a terrible lack of light in my room and a slow poor quality lense :(

I congratulate you on your routine, it can be so difficult to find! :flower: