PDA

View Full Version : Who is SL aiming for BSL?

HeatherAshley3
January 31st, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hi! Just wondering if there is anyone right now that is at shoulder length and wanting to get to BSL?
I love my hair long and am soooo impatient for it to get there.
We can do this together!! I am hoping to post pictures soon to let you guys see my results.:)

redneckprincess
February 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM
I am closer to APL but headed for BSL just the same...I was SL when I got here (about 9 mo ago)...I have pictures in my album, and with a couple more posts you can see them

Messyhair
February 1st, 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm approximately shoulder length now... My shortest layer is about chin length and the longest is at shoulder, so I call it shoulder length. I know I'm growing until at least BSL, but maybe back to waist length, which I was at before (in 2006). Can't wait to get there!!!! I find the hardest bit is to get to my shoulders, so I'm happy I'm that far!

JenniferNoel
February 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM
Ah!
I just recently discovered my ends, indeed, touch BSL, and boy does time fly.
During the course of shoulder to BSL, I kept myself entertained by putting it in peacock twists, overly babying it (which does, indeed, pay off, no matter how short or long your hair is, especially for non-trimmers such as myself), and giving it lots of treatments. It feels like just yesterday that I had a neck-length bob.
Bottom line, keep yourself busy and don't focus too much on the length, trust me! You all will be there in no time. :D

A big problem people have around the "awkward stages" is frustration, mostly from looking in the mirror every morning and analyzing every detail of the length, and this can, indeed, lead to cutting or other various forms of hair torture. :violin:

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
I am closer to APL but headed for BSL just the same...I was SL when I got here (about 9 mo ago)...I have pictures in my album, and with a couple more posts you can see them
Cool!! Thanks!! Here my length now.
Grow hair grow!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll48/heatherash3/Jan10016.jpg

Thanks for your response!:heart:

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
I agree...it is reallly hard waiting on it to get TO AND PAST your shoulders...
I've heard that from a few people. It's weird how it seems to take so long to get to that point!
But Im glad Im finally here too!!! Have you seen the 1 month 1 picture thread? I am going to do that one. I already posted my first picture. It will be fun to see my progress through pictures.

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Ah!
I just recently discovered my ends, indeed, touch BSL, and boy does time fly.
During the course of shoulder to BSL, I kept myself entertained by putting it in peacock twists, overly babying it (which does, indeed, pay off, no matter how short or long your hair is, especially for non-trimmers such as myself), and giving it lots of treatments. It feels like just yesterday that I had a neck-length bob.
Bottom line, keep yourself busy and don't focus too much on the length, trust me! You all will be there in no time. :D

A big problem people have around the "awkward stages" is frustration, mostly from looking in the mirror every morning and analyzing every detail of the length, and this can, indeed, lead to cutting or other various forms of hair torture. :violin:

YES i know exactly what you mean. I look at it and am like "should i just cut it all off to one length"
I think that would make it look better, but theres no way im cutting any of it at this point!
But youre right...it is awkward length b/c i cannot wear it any way that I like it right now.

dmitri
February 1st, 2010, 09:26 AM
Sort of...
I'm not at an all-over shoulder length. My hair at the back is just barely at shoulder level, while the front is in line with the vertical center of my lips if I pull it straight down.

But, I am aiming for BSL as well. I'll be so glad when it gets long enough to stop creating "wings"!

--D

ohiofritty
February 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure I'm quite shoulder length yet :(

Once there, yes BSL and beyooooooonnnnd...!

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Sort of...
I'm not at an all-over shoulder length. My hair at the back is just barely at shoulder level, while the front is in line with the vertical center of my lips if I pull it straight down.

But, I am aiming for BSL as well. I'll be so glad when it gets long enough to stop creating "wings"!

--D

meee too! I hear that for sure! I can't stand how its curling out.
I dont even bother straightning it b/c I know that little spot s going to wing out!

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Ohiofritty: Your hair is really pretty and thick!
Very healthy. I wish mine was all one length! I just dont want to cut it to get it one length!..its taken me so long to get to this length.

Good luck to you!!!

littlemoon
February 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
ah, I wish my hair was all one length, too! my hair is so layered, I can't do any bun right now with out tons of hair sticking out. I wish the shorter layers grew faster, but alas, the longer hair does!

looking to the side, I look almost APL, but from the front and measurements I'm definitely a tad past shoulder. id say in between shoulder and APL. I think its the most frustrating stage. not short enough to be short, not long enough to be long

mowo
February 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM
ah, I wish my hair was all one length, too! my hair is so layered, I can't do any bun right now with out tons of hair sticking out. I wish the shorter layers grew faster, but alas, the longer hair does!

Oh, I know exactly what You mean. When I try to do any bun or something they sticking out everywhere. It's so annoying. I wish that they grow faster and the shortest layer be at least SL.

Now the longest layer is shoulder length and I still dreaming about BSL and then... who knows, maybe waist... :eyebrows:
I have hope that we all get this length as soon as possible and then we will enjoy long hair :D

Bunnicula
February 1st, 2010, 12:22 PM
BSL is my mini goal on my way to waist length, but I'm not even at APL yet. I totally understand the frustration with the layers... even my braids look shaggy because the little short bits stick out. Once I get to BSL, I think I'll finally feel like my hair is "long". I'm taking DE and a hair vitamin to try to boost growth and I just started taking MSM. Good luck :)

littlemoon
February 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM
BSL is my mini goal on my way to waist length, but I'm not even at APL yet. I totally understand the frustration with the layers... even my braids look shaggy because the little short bits stick out. Once I get to BSL, I think I'll finally feel like my hair is "long". I'm taking DE and a hair vitamin to try to boost growth and I just started taking MSM. Good luck :)

I'm also a DE and MSM taker, and though I haven't had drastic growth (id be almost scared if I saw TOO much of a difference in two weeks!) my hair feels softer, lighter and easier to handle.
I'm aiming for bsl.. but once I get there, I'll be getting used to wearing my hair curly, so maybe I'll want to grow to waist! (or maybe I'll want to chop it all off ;) )

curlylocks85
February 1st, 2010, 01:56 PM
BSL is a mini goal of mine. I started at SL and am now in the 'tween stage of SL and APL. I suppose that would be CBL lol. Anyway, I think I am about 3-4" away from APL so I am well on my way. :)

HeatherAshley3
February 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
BSL is a mini goal of mine. I started at SL and am now in the 'tween stage of SL and APL. I suppose that would be CBL lol. Anyway, I think I am about 3-4" away from APL so I am well on my way. :)

Yes you are! Well on your way! Your hair already looks thick and healthy! So you got that going for you too! You dont need to trim it!

GOOD LUCK everybody!!:rockerdud

BrightEyes
February 1st, 2010, 02:54 PM
Me too!!:cheese:. I'm at shoulder length and my goal is BSL. Once I get there I might be content to stay at BSL, or grow just a few more inches. Does is seem like the growth slows down once you hit SL?? It seemed like it grew from chin to SL so quickly, and then just....stopped. Maybe the growth was more noticeable shorter. Mmm.

Since going cone free I've discovered I'm a lot wavier than I thought. So trying to figure out how to tame it is helping to keep me distracted from thinking about the length all the time.:rolleyes: LOL!

Bellona
February 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM
My longest layers have reached APL, but I'm still on my way to BSL. I have lots of layers that are still short, the shortest being chin length and a bunch more between shoulder and chin, so I'm joining this thread. :)

Happy growing everyone! It really won't take that long. I think getting to shoulder is much more of a pain! After that it's a bit easier.

Beaglebuddy
February 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
I am at SL right now and it seems like it has been forever. But I did a lot of trimming last year to get rid of really dry ends and I guess that is why it seems like it never grows. I am now on a year of no-trims, if I can make it.

truwave
February 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
Count me in! SL on my way to BSL, lets go hair!

ArienEllariel
February 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm closer to APL then SL, but I can relate. I'm dying for my hair to reach BSL. It seems like it grows so slowly. I joined the LHC when my hair was about an inch past SL. It does take time, but I'm contenting myself by doing deep treatments, learning new braids, and S & D ing every couple weeks. I surprised myself today when I was searching for split hairs and only found 1 or 2 real splits (whereas before I had many many many splits). I guess I'm doing something right. ^^ By the end of the year I should be at BSL. It's kind of nice to have a sort of support group for those of us SL-BSL LHCers. :) Happy Growing!

hydrangea
February 2nd, 2010, 07:00 AM
I'm with you! Don't have a pic of my current length, but I'm just below the shoulders and heading for APL. Getting excited about my virgin roots! They are so soft and shiny...and non broken, very much unlike the rest of my hair.

Francoise1606
February 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I'm APL but BSL is my first goal on my way to hip. But I can still very much understand the frustrations:(

loralie
February 3rd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Oooh! Me! Me! haha. I am collarbone length with the longest layers pulled to the front, so past touching my shoulders. On my way to wherever I start to really love it... we'll have to see for now.

Nice to see I'm not the only awkward "teenage" phaser here :)

zombi
February 3rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
meeeeeee!!

well, i don't know if i can call this APL?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katherynne/4310830181/in/set-72157616491660878/

so for now I'm saying SL still, haha.

Pumpkin
February 3rd, 2010, 06:14 AM
My hair is at shoulder length. My mini goal is APL, and then BSL. Then, I hope at some point, onto waist.

I just wear it up everyday, so I won't stress about the growth. LOL

elina333
February 3rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
I just reached APL and Im sooooo longing for it to get to BSL, and then my final goal which is WAIST :taz:

kitten1986
February 3rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
OK count me in for the SL --> BSL

my hair is being super annoying at the moment when I wear it out it sits on my shoulders and curls up and kicks out and looks crazy messy
I also have a long sideswept fringe which I am trying to decide whether to cut shorter ( I look bad without hair framing my big round face) or cut into a bluntish eyebrow length fringe ( I had this afew years ago and loved it usually its not recommended for round faces but it seemed to suit me) the only problem is that it can make me look quite young

but fringe issues aside, I am on the frustrating journey of sl to bsl too after bsl I will decide what I am doing with my hair

littlemoon
February 3rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I also have a long sideswept fringe which I am trying to decide whether to cut shorter ( I look bad without hair framing my big round face) or cut into a bluntish eyebrow length fringe ( I had this afew years ago and loved it usually its not recommended for round faces but it seemed to suit me) the only problem is that it can make me look quite young

I've got the same problem! I was always told that my face is oval shaped, but I honestly think its round, because I need some kind of bang to avoid looking like a full moon (I'm also very pale ;) ) I'm also dealing with no more flat ironing and wearing my hair curly, and my flat ironed bangs are long enough to cover my top lip when in my face. those would not look good as two inch long spirals sticking out of my forehead :rolleyes:

HeatherAshley3
February 3rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
OK count me in for the SL --> BSL

my hair is being super annoying at the moment when I wear it out it sits on my shoulders and curls up and kicks out and looks crazy messy

but fringe issues aside, I am on the frustrating journey of sl to bsl too after bsl I will decide what I am doing with my hair

I TOTALLY understand the "sitting on the shoulder" thing..and it CURLING! Mines the exact same right now. If I wear it down it curls out and I dont like the way it looks.
I also got on my left side a sort of fringe that is getting all my nerves. Its shorter than all my other hair but I DO NOT want to cut all my hair to match it.

didrash
February 3rd, 2010, 10:04 AM
I guess I belong here :). Approaching APL, but with all the layers its hard to say...

Pixna
February 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
I'm about 2 inches shy of APL. Then it's on to BSL, baybee!! (And I can't wait!!) But that is just one stop along the way. :gabigrin:

littlemoon
February 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
meeeeeee!!

well, i don't know if i can call this APL?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katherynne/4310830181/in/set-72157616491660878/

so for now I'm saying SL still, haha.

I would call you APL! anyone agree/disagree?

Kirzja
February 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm growing out from SL to BSL too! :)
Currently it's a few inches below shoulder length.

GermanCurl
February 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm at collarbone lenght on my way to APL with a goal of BSL.

curlycrown
February 4th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Count me in too! I am currently at neck length curly but shoulder length stretched and I am on my way to BSL. I have pics in my fotki to show my progress.
http://www.fotki.com/afrodominican1

Esther84
February 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Count me in girls!

katydid317
February 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm just past shoulder, although with the layers the shortest is *just* at shoulder length. I was almost at BSL in October and then I cut it. Now I'm trying to grow it all out again. Seems ridiculous.

countryhopper
February 6th, 2010, 01:32 AM
me, Me, ME! :joy:

I haven't had my hair BSL since I was about 6 years old (or maybe it was waist length?)

It's kind of freaky to think about, I hope I like it if and when it gets that long (my hair lis limp and fine and tends to hang uniterestingly compared to pics I've seen here of gorgeous hair!)

beez1717
February 8th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm at the middle of shoulder length right now and since i'm a guy I don't see how I could ever be going for BSL. I guess that is unless you make BSL be "Below Shoulder Blade Length", and leave it at that. Then yes i'm going for BSL!!! Then I'll go for Mid back and then I'll go for low back, and, well you get the picture. I want to go for terminal length whatever that may be. That's what I want.

zombi
February 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I would call you APL! anyone agree/disagree?
heck yes! I'll go with it, haha.