PDA

View Full Version : What color is my hair??

Avalin
January 31st, 2010, 07:38 PM
I need your imput. I don't know weather I have blonde hair or brown hair...
My drivers licence and passport say "blonde". My boss called it "ash" once...?
I hate the term "dirty blonde" or "dishwater blonde"... ewww!

My hair also fades... it is more ashy at the roots but after being in the sun it looks gold-ish (my tips are pretty light).

....What color do you think I should I call my hair?

PICTURES are in my profile's album thingy.

Thanks!

spidermom
January 31st, 2010, 07:42 PM
I think it's a shade of blonde, but it's hard to decide because some photos look ash blonde and others golden blonde. It most definitely is not brunette, however, of that I am sure.

Shermie Girl
January 31st, 2010, 07:46 PM
You're a blonde. :)

jaine
January 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
I would call it dark blonde or light brown - and it's a very beautiful color!! :)

Avalin
January 31st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you very much jaine. I like it too... and to think I almost hennaed it dark brown! *slaps forehead*

Aditi
January 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
Lovely hair and i loved your pics specially the one in which you are wearing red top that AWESOME!!! I think judging by your hair color in sunlight it is between dark blonde and brown :)

manderly
January 31st, 2010, 08:13 PM
"Ash", "dishwater", and "dirty" are all terms generally used to describe blonde hair that is on the cool end of the spectrum, as opposed to the warm which would be more of a "golden" blonde.

Also because of the ashiness and the tendency of blondes to get darker during colder months (less sun exposure to lighten hair), you also tend to brush close to the edge of being a light brunette, but you are a blonde ;)

Jeni
January 31st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hey I think we have the same color! I'm currently growing my natural color out so I only have a few inches to judge but it looks similar.

I'm in the same boat in regards to being confused about whether its dark blond or light brown. Its so subjective, to someone with naturally light blond hair I'm a brunette to people with dark brown hair I'm a blond...

MissManda
January 31st, 2010, 08:41 PM
My younger sister has a hair color very similar to yours. I would say that it is in the "tawny" range between dark blonde and light brown. I think it is quite lovely. :)

kmangus
January 31st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I second the blonde :)

Alcenaia
January 31st, 2010, 09:03 PM
My hair seems to be just a bit lighter than yours, and I call my hair dark blonde. :)

HildeMV
January 31st, 2010, 09:10 PM
That is a shade of blonde, it's lighter than light brown.

Avalin
January 31st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the complements and imput.

I had always wondered what other's perception was when it came to the blond/brown barrier. I do agree that dark blonde is more accurate for me... especially since my hair (and probably all blondes) can also photograph darker.

LadyVictoria
January 31st, 2010, 10:13 PM
My hair is slightly lighter than yours & I am a dark blonde (in the summer I am super blonde). It's definitely not brown. When I was little my hair was white blonde. But as I have aged *sighs* my hair has gotten much darker but I am still a blonde. I keep a lot of natural light blonde highlights even in the winter, which I find odd. I love brown hair but it really annoys me when people call me a brunette, grrrrr. Your hair is stunning, btw.

Elenna
January 31st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Your hair is definitely dark blond or tawny colored. What a gorgeous color!

Demetrue
January 31st, 2010, 10:59 PM
From the pics, it looks like a dark, warm blonde color. I don't see a lot of ashe or cool tones.

Keildra
January 31st, 2010, 11:17 PM
either dark blonde or light brunette

Anje
February 1st, 2010, 06:54 AM
I think I would call it dark blond, depending on lighting. Lots of people call it "hair-colored hair" (rather euro-centric...).

There's a thread for you. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6685)

melikai
February 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
In most of the pictures, it looks to be dark blonde, and in a couple of them it looks light brown. It's definitely not an ash blonde or brown though!

free_hug
February 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM
This is exactly the color that i call dark blonde, while my friends call it light brown, and they have no idea how can i see it as blonde. So no wonder you are confused yourself :)

I do like the expression dirty blonde. Just change the intonation a bit, add some attitude, and say " dirrrty blonde ;D "

Katze
February 1st, 2010, 10:26 AM
I would say you are blonde - in some pics very blonde, in others on the border. Many of us have hair that changes color but I think yours is safe to call blonde. :)

blonde is definitely subjective. My family considers me as blonde, here in northern Europe I am a brunette. My husband has hair about your color (including the lovely streaks) and he is mostly considered to be 'dark blonde.' Go figure.

Aquamarine
February 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Trust me You're blonde. But it's really hard to tell (atleast for me) which shade it is:confused:

xoxophelia
February 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM
I would call it light brown and then some amber type dark blonde from what looks like sun bleach. It is a really nice warm tone :)

Dark Rosaleen
February 1st, 2010, 01:43 PM
It appears to be a very dark blond to me, with some lovely honey colored highlights.

Avalin
February 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies!