PDA

View Full Version : Personal Genius Moment

Keildra
January 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Well if felt like a genius moment to me but anywho
I don't like blow-drying my hair but when I want to style it the best hair I have for it is blow-dryed, I try to let my hair air dry and then style but that takes too long and when I try to style wet it always falls out before it dries. So I took some advice off the forums and tried to do my first cold drying, it didn't work too well at first. My hair dryer has a brush attachment which helps keep one of my hands free, but like in most hair dryers I've seen, the cold button has to be held down. It's really hard to hold that button down and get into some of the harder to reach places, after ten minutes of frustration I got an idea. I found a roll of duct tape and taped the cold button down, so now when ever I use my hair dryer, no matter what it's going to be cold, and now my hair is easier to dry and style.

This made me feel smart.:cheese::D

DragonLady
January 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM
This made me feel smart.

??? Sounds like you are smart. :)

walterSCAN
January 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Ugh! I hate blowdryers that have the button you have to hold down.
:bounce: Good job defeating it! :bounce:

I <3 the ionic blowdryer my mother bought me a few years ago (I only use it once every 2 or so months, but yeah...) because it has a cold setting on the slide-y things-- i.e. no holding it down! I only ever use the cold setting, so it's great!

JenniferNoel
January 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Woo! Revolutionary idea here.
If and when my hair needs blow drying for any reason, I shall run for the duct tape. Works every time.
:cheese:

YesitsReal
January 30th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Hey, anything that involves duct tape is indeed a genius idea. :D

Tangerine
January 30th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Sounds like a MacGyver moment you had there, Keildra :D

cmnt831
January 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM
That's a great idea! I would never have thought of it. Thanks for sharing :).

Pumpkin
January 30th, 2010, 07:17 AM
:cheer: Great idea!!!

jojo
January 30th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Mine has this button too, thats a great idea thanks I will do that next time!

FrannyG
January 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Total Brilliance! :bowtome:

CaityBear
January 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Duct tape is always amazing. haha

Mine has the button as well but I don't use my blow dryer, and if I do it's only for a minute or two to kick start the drying process so it's not so slow. lol

Red_Head_Reader
January 30th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Good idea, I think I might try this! :cheese:

Svenja
January 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Great idea! Ta!
My blowdryer is weird - it's got this hold-down cold button and the sliding button has a cold function, too. What's the point?!

Damiana
January 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
That's a cool idea! I shal try it on mine.:cool:

loralie
January 30th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Though I haven't used my blowdryer in a while, I remember cramping my finger forever using the cool air button.

God I feel like an idiot... Hah!