PDA

View Full Version : Annoying lengths and cold

juliaxena
January 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I suppose I'm at an annoying lenght still. Probably many women cut back their hair when they get to this lenght. I have decided to keep my hair in a pony tail (even though I hate them or should I say hate how they look) for at least a month and then maybe another month to get to at least shoulder lenght, although perhaps I will also do it until I get to colarbone lenght (for me that is lower than shoulders). That is just to keep me from being annoyed by my hair constantly getting on my face and schratching my neck. However I have a problem. I'm really cold when my neck is exposed like that. I have tryed the obvious solution-scarves, but it's just not the same. Anyone else having this problem and how do you deal with it?

Fractalsofhair
January 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I'm almost at that stage. What helps is wearing my hair down and putting a scarf over it. Use a headband to keep it up somewhat. That helps me a lot.

AmericanWoman
January 29th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Headbands . I used them to keep my growing out bangs out of my face.

juliaxena
January 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
But with head bands it is still on my neck. It is warmer though I suppose. I think I might actually have caught a cold today at work because I had a pony tail all day.

Heidi_234
January 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Turtleneck shirts/sweaters? I learned to love them alot, very comfy and keep my neck warm :D

sherigayle
January 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
At your length and up to APL, I wore my hair in a Peacock twist pretty much every day. A Ficcare and a scarf were my combo of choice.

Gabriel
January 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
There are some good ideas in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38089). There's some stuff recommended to keep your neck warm and some styles you might be able to do very soon that might also help.

Rivanariko
January 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
My hair is quite a bit longer, but this is the firsts winter that I haven't relied on leaving it down all the time to keep my neck warm. I'm keeping my hair up to protect it, but am not enjoying the cold air on my neck. I'm trying to learn to love scarves... maybe try different types? I find that there are some that I love and some that I hate.

GuinevereMay
January 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
But with head bands it is still on my neck. It is warmer though I suppose. I think I might actually have caught a cold today at work because I had a pony tail all day.

Just so you know, you can't catch a virus from wearing a ponytail in your hair. Your neck may be cold, but you're not risking a cold when you expose it.

Druid of Alba
January 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Could you not just braid the front back, and let the back hang down?

jojo
January 31st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Turtleneck shirts/sweaters? I learned to love them alot, very comfy and keep my neck warm :D just what I was going to say!:D my dog helps too but not reccomended in public places..they will lock you up!:eyebrows:

juliaxena
January 31st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Lol jojo you should see the size of my dog! She's huge. Those sweaters are great at home but not so much at work. I do my hair when I get to work so I can use my regular cap outside. Its inside that I have a problem with, at work where I have to be formal.