PDA

View Full Version : Splits from blow drying once?

Holly9192
January 29th, 2010, 11:15 AM
The other day i tried the Henna n' Placenta hair mask. On the package it said to blow dry it once it was on your head. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since i had so much goop on my head, i thought it would even help. But today i was just looking through my hair and i keep finding SO MANY splits and dots that break if i slightly pull on them. I'm not sure if i should get a trim or just S&D.

please help.:(

Renbirde
February 3rd, 2010, 01:55 AM
It depends how close to your ends the dots are. I they're a ways up the length, S+D. If they're close to the ends and you are comfortable loosing the length, trim. Or just baby your hair. Spoil it rotten! I believe Nightshade wrote an article on taking care of damaged hair.

Don't rush into your decision. :) I hope it goes well with you.

FrannyG
February 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
I would spend some time doing S and D.

As to whether the blow drying your DT was the cause I don't know, but I'd err on the side of caution.

In future, if you're doing a deep treatment, I might suggest a heat cap.

I don't have a heat cap myself, so what I do is cover my hair in plastic, cover that with aluminum foil and put a towel over top. You'd be amazed at how warm your hair will get from the body heat trapped inside the foil, and of course there is no danger of it getting too hot.

elina333
February 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
I'd just S&D if I were you... And yes, I guess one time could damage it..? I've experienced the same thing with my straighteners. One time and my hair is fried... :(