PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips For Keeping Goop On My Head?

lexiflowers
January 29th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hiya. :)

I'm currently sitting here with a mixture of honey and olive oil on my hair, with my head wrapped in cling film and a hat over the top. I have stuff dripping down by my ears and over my forehead from time to time.

I've grown used to this annoyance, from deep conditioning treatments and from henna/henna glosses, and it's always worth it.

However, it occurred to me that someone here might be able to recommend a product that actually keeps all the goop on your head, rather than in your ears or on your shoulders/collar/sofa/pillows. I've tried a couple of different shower caps, but they always let it out or let it fill my ears up.

Alternatively, maybe there is a specific method for cling filming your head, especially the area around your ears, that does the same thing?

Maybe there's some trick that I'm missing?

Or maybe the dripping is just part of the deal. :p

Any advice?

Thanks muchly,

Lexi. :)

Lamb
January 29th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Try to perch the shower head behind your ears (so your ears are not covered but are holding the cap up).
You might need a small sized shower cap, if available.
What I do is get an old t-shirt or pillowcase, and put it on top of my shower cap, turban-style, so the edges hold whatever goop is trying to escape from the cap. :)

Heidi_234
January 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM
A towel/old tee around the shoulders, or sticking something (like a toilet paper) into the scape behind your ears (that's where it usually drips from on me).

restourceful
January 29th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I remember from my *perm* days there was something like long rolls of cotton they would put around your hairline to catch the run-off. You might be able to find something like that at Sally's. I just do what the others do, a small towel wrapped over the plastic and held tight with a headband. I've never had a drip.

peachrose
January 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I sometimes use a rolled up washcloth and tuck it under the hat/shower cap at the nape of my neck. It's kind of of bulky but it does the trick!

Fiferstone
January 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I have found that a T shirt over the plastic wrap works well for me. I also prefer plastic grocery bags because i can tie them on tightly enough to minimize drips without making them uncomfortably tight.

Spike
January 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I cheat--all my deep treatments are done while I soak my body in the tub. It doesn't matter so much if I drip, and then I just stand up and rinse under the shower when I'm done.

AmericanWoman
January 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I cut the legs off a pair of old pantyhose and use the panty portion as a cap over the shower cap. Tights work good for this too. It fits snugglly over the shower cap. Then I have an old 2x tshirt that I cut to make a large "scarf" Double it up into a triangle and cover my head. Works good. Plus I have a dedicated towel for hennaing lol. It covers the shoulder.(I have a dedicated shirt also)

FrannyG
January 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I don't use cling film, I use a plastic bag with handles and tie it around my head. I use paper towels behind my ears.

Most importantly, I have an old towel that I use specifically to wrap around the whole mess, and that really helps. If you have even one towel that you don't mind messing up, there's not much that can beat it for effectiveness.