PDA

View Full Version : Why is my hair way curlier and wavy the day I dont wash?

lol21
January 28th, 2010, 10:48 PM
When I wash my hair, its not that curly or wavy,

I wake up the next day and its a mess, and there is just no way to reallly style it the way I would the day I wash it, even if I comb it out, or even if I untangle it with my fingers, it just way curlier/wavy

does anyone know why this happens? its quite frustrating.

answers needed please.

Aditi
January 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Finger combing your hair will make your wavy hair more wavier or curlier and the type of comb you are using can also be responsible for making them more wavy. I suggest you read the Wavy or Wurly thread i am sure you will able to get some answers or insights. Sorry i can't be of more help than this :)

lol21
January 29th, 2010, 12:08 AM
anyone else.?

Kaileida
January 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
My hair curls long after I wash it too, I think because I sweat in my sleep and the moisture encourages it. The obvious answer is to wash it when you need it to be straighter...

Kris Dove
January 29th, 2010, 12:28 AM
This happens to me too, especially with my hairline hairs. I think humidity and rolling about on it in bed can do this. Satin pillowcases might help with the latter. I've seen anti-humidity products, like this sort of thing- http://www.leestafford.com/uk/products/product.php?pi=101 available, but I've never tried them myself.

eternallyverdan
January 29th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Huh. My hair does the exact opposite-- it's curly and wavy right after I wash it, and then goes stick straight after 2-3 days of not washing. Good luck getting answers, though.

lol21
January 29th, 2010, 12:30 AM
My hair curls long after I wash it too, I think because I sweat in my sleep and the moisture encourages it. The obvious answer is to wash it when you need it to be straighter...

that would be like everyday :poot:

Heidi_234
January 29th, 2010, 12:52 AM
You did not give any hairtyping info, so it's harder to answer. My guess? maybe you're curlier than you think, but you usually brush/comb it out. If I do it, but leave my hair alone the next day, it starts to curl back.

manderly
January 29th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Wow, did you really just get impatient with us during a 5 minute timespan? That was unnecessary, especially for the question you asked. :disgust:

Anyways, I agree with Heidi. You probably have more wave in your hair than you realize, and on wash day your hair is stripped clean and combed out, given the chance to get oily again it relaxes back into it's real self.

Most wavies don't like their hair the day they wash it because it's more poof than waves, and it settles and calms down on dirty days.

You can choose to fight it and do what you do, or you can try coaxing out the waves more and see what develops. More moisture in your routine or perhaps add some oil after you wash and see what you get.

Katze
January 29th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Wow, did you really just get impatient with us during a 5 minute timespan? That was unnecessary, especially for the question you asked. :disgust:

Anyways, I agree with Heidi. You probably have more wave in your hair than you realize, and on wash day your hair is stripped clean and combed out, given the chance to get oily again it relaxes back into it's real self.

Most wavies don't like their hair the day they wash it because it's more poof than waves, and it settles and calms down on dirty days.

You can choose to fight it and do what you do, or you can try coaxing out the waves more and see what develops. More moisture in your routine or perhaps add some oil after you wash and see what you get.

Seconding Manderly.

I used to think my hair was straight. The more moisture (and sebum) it got the wavier it got. I often have spiral curls 3-4 days after washing. I fingercomb and add leave-in mixed with hair gel to preserve the kind of waves you describe.

Since you did not give any hair info it is hard to tell, but it may be that you are wavier than you think.

redneckprincess
January 29th, 2010, 06:33 AM
mine is quite the opposite, curlier on wash day and straighter with slight wave on day 2 and untill I wet again

2peasinapod
January 29th, 2010, 07:49 AM
OP, do you use products with silicones?

Airisuu
January 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Seconding Manderly.

I used to think my hair was straight. The more moisture (and sebum) it got the wavier it got. I often have spiral curls 3-4 days after washing. I fingercomb and add leave-in mixed with hair gel to preserve the kind of waves you describe.

Since you did not give any hair info it is hard to tell, but it may be that you are wavier than you think.

I'm inclined to parrot Manderly and Katze, but want to add that it might have something to do with how you wear it to bed. Bunning it might be of great help, or wearing a sleep cap. (If you don't already do those things.)

I think you're likely to get much more detailed and helpful advice if you're willing to go a bit further into detail regarding you hair type :)

Madonna-Fan
January 29th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Mine is like redneckprincess...

After I wash (1 once a week) my hair I got 2a-b-hair.
The next 2-3 days it gets a bit straighter but stays "moved".
In the last 2-3 days my hair is very straight (1b-c).

Maybe I should do a WO in the middle of the week (4th day) to get my waves back or I should create a "curly-leave-in".

Has got anybody a recipe for a "curly-leave-in"?

Timmy

lol21
January 29th, 2010, 10:29 AM
here some info about my hair

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369&page=338

manderly
January 29th, 2010, 11:32 AM
here some info about my hair

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369&page=338

That's really no information at all. :shrug:

I would suggest you get your hair typed: wash and airdry with no product or manipulation and post a photo on the main board politely and patiently asking people to type you.

Then put that information in your profile so it shows up under your name and avatar. Using the same photo for your avatar or signature would be very helpful for members to look at your hair and give better educated guesses.

You're kind of running into a room where we have no information and going "OMG my hair is curly I'm wiggin out! HAAALP" and then getting frustrated when we don't answer within 5 minutes. Well, we don't like to answer when we have NO information. It's not fun playing a blind guessing game. We like to have a little more information to go from in order for people who have hair like yours can relate to you and offer insights based on their experiences with similar hair issues.

Help us help you, lol21.