PDA

View Full Version : First time ever- paint brush!

Suze334
January 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM
My husband was not impressed. My five year old thought it was funny and asked "why"? So here I am to tell people who will understand. I am sitting here with all of my hair being held up- in something like a bun- with only a paint brush!
How wonderful is that? :cheese:

littlemoon
January 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
awesome! i cant wait till i have enough hair, and teach myself how, to really use hairsticks/chopsticks/paintbrushes :D to hold my hair up!

the image in my mind of it is so cute, do you have a picture?

AnitaThorn
January 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Adorable and awesome!

Aditi
January 29th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I don't consider it as weird or funny, i think its a cute hair accessory :)

ArienEllariel
January 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM
yay! The image that came to mind was an artist laboring away at a masterpiece with her hair held up with a paintbrush. :) Too cute!

Schnail
January 29th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Awesome! That sounds really great, pickup sticks also work really well :P

Unofficial_Rose
January 29th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Sounds very cute! I saw a girl on the Tube the other day, wearing what seemed to be a blue hairstick. Obviously I immediately wondered if she was 'one of us'. On closer inspection it was a biro. :)

jera
January 29th, 2010, 01:48 AM
It's not weird at all. There was a thread here not long ago, including pics, of all the creative things we use to decorate our hair. Your paint brush would fit right in. :D

Sammich
January 29th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Now THAT is an cool hair accessory. :)

CrisDee
January 29th, 2010, 06:56 AM
As someone whose hairsticks all say "Bic" or "Papermate," I don't see anything odd about a paintbrush at all - the bristles on the end must add a bit of flair :)

JamieLeigh
February 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Haha, awesome! :D Welcome to the ranks of grab-anything-close-and-stick-it-in-your-hair! ;) I've been known to use pens, pencils, plastic forks, paintbrushes, swizzle sticks....you name it. :D

SHELIAANN1969
February 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Very artistic and functional! ;)

Messyhair
February 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hahaha! The first image in my head was with the huge, wide paintbrushes - like you'd use for painting the front steps to a house!! hahahaha! Wow, I was confused about how you could keep that in your hair with it being so heavy... and then I realized how stupid I was when I had the sudden thought that it was an artist's paintbrush... duhhhh! Made even more ridiculous by the fact that my hubby is an artist, so I really should have come to that conclusion sooner.

dernhelm
February 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Congratulations! It does feel good, doesn't it?

My husband feigned my ecstasy last month, when I showed him that I could wear my hair sticks again for the first time in over a year. Could it be that he was poking fun at me??:p My kids just rolled their eyes. Teenagers...they just don't understand!

marikamt
February 2nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
My first "hairstick" that I used to practice and decide I was long enough for a real one was a crochet hook......
Congrats on reaching a milestone! :toast:

HildeMV
February 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Sometimes I wear a makeup brush when I don't have a hair stick nearby. :p

JenniferNoel
February 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
That is so awesome. And a great idea!
I remember using a toothbrush to get some hair out of my face for some desperate reason. :D

lexiflowers
February 2nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
I was reading this when I suddenly realised that I have never used a hair stick of any kind! I was thinking "I don't even know how to use a stick to make my hair stay up."

Anyway, I twisted my hair into a random messy little thing, grabbed the nearest stick-like object ( a ball point pen), and stuck it through. I let go, expecting my hair to come down again, but it didn't! Voila! Easier than I thought!

I think using a paintbrush sounds like a fantastic idea! :)

TiaKitty
February 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
I hate it when I'm crafting like mad, can't find what I need, turn over everything on the table, start looking on the floor, give up, go to the bathroom and catch sight of not one, but several of the paintbrushes I was using in my bun. It seems I like to "park" my utensils there....

Papermate pens are the best. I buy them by the box of 12. I prefer green against my henna'd hair!

A properly sharpened pencil works wonders, too!

Red_Head_Reader
February 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hahaha! The first image in my head was with the huge, wide paintbrushes - like you'd use for painting the front steps to a house!! hahahaha! Wow, I was confused about how you could keep that in your hair with it being so heavy... and then I realized how stupid I was when I had the sudden thought that it was an artist's paintbrush... duhhhh! Made even more ridiculous by the fact that my hubby is an artist, so I really should have come to that conclusion sooner.

I thought the same thing when I first read this!! :laugh:

This is a cool idea though, I might try using one too!

nicolezoie
February 2nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
My first two hair sticks ever were a crochet hook my mother wasn't using, and one of her unused paint brushes. She used to get really irritated with me for that. Nowadays I prefer knitting needles!