PDA

View Full Version : ...on cutting off my "vee".

Damiana
January 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I, er, attempted Feye's self trim, still had half the damage in, got it wonky somehow, was so kidding myself!:o
I decided to take matters into my own hands after the hairstylist I was using insisted I have layers, used that razory-thing, cut my bangs too far round and covered my hair in product and then ironed it! According to her my hair was "exeptionally" long just at BSL. I was paying £35 for the privelege of a senior stylist....
Anyhow I've now found an old-school hairdresser at a no-frills salon (the kind that do perms & sets for old ladies!) and she gave me a nice blunt hemline and cut off my straggly damaged vee. Her hair advice was definetly NO layers for me and keep on with the henna. All I go in for is a cut and that's all she does. It cost £6.50!:happydance:
So, back to APL but it looks 100% better!

2peasinapod
January 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad you found someone who listens to you for a fraction of the price!

Damiana
January 28th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Awww poo! This was supposed to go in the Mane Forum, sorry!

Damiana
January 29th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Cheers 2peasinapod, I was despairing of ever finding somewhere in my area who just cut and didn't insist on a current style. Doncaster is full of very fashion-conscious "processed" lasses who like to tan etc. It's not for me but there's nowt wrong with being well turned out.:)

FrannyG
January 29th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Good for you!!! Before I learned Feye's self-trim, I used to go to just that kind of hair dresser myself. They are inexpensive, and they couldn't care less about the latest style. They will cut your hair just as you like. Barbers are much the same.

LaurelSpring
January 29th, 2010, 09:12 AM
The first couple of times that I tried Feye's method I really botched it up. I gave up for awhile but then decided to give it another shot after a salon visit that didnt make me happy. This time I used bands all the way down my pony to stabilize it rather than sliding a scruncii, which I couldnt seen to do well, and was able to get a good trim. I have been using that now with success.

spidermom
January 29th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I'm glad you found somebody to support your goals instead of imposing her (or his) own vision of what is right for you.

little_acorn
January 29th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Congratulations on finding a gem of a hairdressor at a very good price :flower:

Spike
January 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Sometimes those "no frills" salons are perfect. Glad you found a hairdresser you can trust. :cheese:

JamieLeigh
February 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Awesome that you found someone who isn't just trying to sell product and repeat service, and actually listens to what the CUSTOMER wants!! :cheese: Quite a few people on here have found that the mainstream fancy salons aren't where it's at, and just use old-fashioned barbers who don't talk a lot of nonsense and just give you what you pay for. :)

Finoriel
February 2nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Barber shops and old ladies hairdressers are just the best in doing what their customers want :thumbsup: opposed to what they want.

Which kind of sane stylist irons 1b hair anyways :roll: *rhetoric question* :wink:

Druid of Alba
February 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
"Which kind of sane stylist irons 1b hair anyways" oh, some of these modern stylists iron 1a hair! :p

Last time I had my hair cut (2 months ago), she thinned it, cut it with a razor comb, and straightened it :( I'm never going to a modern salon again haha! I'll try either a no frills salon or a barber shop. Have people had good experiences with barber shops?

Alun
February 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
"Which kind of sane stylist irons 1b hair anyways" oh, some of these modern stylists iron 1a hair! :p

Last time I had my hair cut (2 months ago), she thinned it, cut it with a razor comb, and straightened it :( I'm never going to a modern salon again haha! I'll try either a no frills salon or a barber shop. Have people had good experiences with barber shops?

Oddly, women do seem to have good experiences with men's barber shops. Long haired men, not so much.