PDA

View Full Version : So, I went shopping

dmitri
January 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I went to the mall just a little while ago, with the express purpose of going to GNC in search of Aloe Vera Gel. (would you believe all I could find at Wal-mart was that green Solarcaine stuff?) I found some, but before I did, I also found a jar of Virgin Coconut Oil (unrefined)! So, of course I just had to pick that up too. I'd heard too many good things about it to pass it up. I saw some Sweet Almond oil too, but I resisted. According to a sign on the window, they're hiring. Maybe I should apply... employee discounts! Then I could buy all the oils and essential oils I want! Bwahahahahahaaa!

Hmm... now that I think about it, bf doesn't really like coconut. Oops! Oh well... if I can put up with him sometimes smelling like an ashtray, he can put up with my tropical hair. :p

--D

Forever_Sophie
January 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Hi & welcome :)

LOL at "Tropical hair!" I work in such a store (Nutrition House), the temptations are definitely there! Every EO you can imagine, plus coconut, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Castor oil, jojoba.... Plus the hair pills, and products like Giovanni... 40% off for me! LOL

Madame J
January 28th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I find that coconut oil has a subtle rich scent that is totally different from "coconut-scented" products. I love the smell of my coconut oil, but I found the odor of my husband's coconut body wash to be kinda gross.

Oh, and I actually prefer sweet almond to coconut oil in the winter, since the coconut oil hardens in cold weather!

dmitri
January 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I find that coconut oil has a subtle rich scent that is totally different from "coconut-scented" products. I love the smell of my coconut oil, but I found the odor of my husband's coconut body wash to be kinda gross.

Oh, and I actually prefer sweet almond to coconut oil in the winter, since the coconut oil hardens in cold weather!

That's comforting about the scent. And at least it is getting warmer where I am (in Georgia, USA). I can only imagine how coconut oil would look in the cold. A few weeks ago, weh we were having freakishly cold temperatures, I went out to a movie with a ton of jojoba oil in my hair. (some friends randomly invited us late in the evening) That was kinda scary. But I will remember the almond next time it gets cold (if I don't get it before then).

dmitri
January 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
oooh! It really does smell good enough to eat!

Bunnicula
January 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Haha, my boyfriend hates the taste/texture/smell of coconut too, but so far he hasn't noticed the smell of the coconut oil in my hair. I think that unless you dump the whole jar on your head, you wont get tropical hair syndrome;) It's kind of too bad though, because I personally love the smell of coconut.

ArienEllariel
January 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM
We had some freak cold weather where I was at too. It was really odd to reach in my coconut oil container and have to practically scrape off a layer the consistancy of hard candle wax. I looove the smell of my coconut oil.. it's so heavenly!). :)

jera
January 29th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Congrats on your find. You've gotta try the hair vitamins too. You'll see some stellar results with them. :D

Xandergrammy
January 29th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Thank goodness my DH loves the smell of coconut (and vanilla) as much as I do.

Now you have me thinking of a good part time job- we have a GNC about a block from here. Hmmmmm.........:gabigrin: