PDA

View Full Version : Updo help for superthick hair

girloctopus
January 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hi! I am having problems with updos. I have a ponytail circumference of 5.25 inches and my hair is between hip and tailbone currently. I am getting extremely irritated with attempting various updos without success, and I was wondering if any other people with similar thickness could help out.

Any suggestions? I struggle with a lot of wrap buns because to get them to hold securely I usually end up overtorquing and snapping a stick. I've been trying to do Spidermom's bun that stays but my fingers are too short to hold both loops even if I try to compact them down. I don't have enough length for a celtic knot or a figure 8 with this thickness. I just feel stuck in a rut and getting bored with my usual stand-by updos!

My usuals are the Gibraltar bun, the swirly bun, Nautilus bun, and a folded braid. I've tried the pinless braided bun, which tends to get unbearably tight once I get my braid firmly wrapped and an Equilibrium bun, which ended up being an ultimate fail because it doubled my thickness so that I couldn't even complete one coil! You name it, I've probably tried it.

Anyway, any tips, new updos, modifications for thickness, or suggestions are very welcome. I just get so frustrated! :D Thanks!