PDA

View Full Version : Never been past sholder length -- and you only live once, so....

my2cats1
January 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi from Oregon! I found this site a few years ago and found it very informative and helpful. Time went on, I bought into the myth that only short hair could look "professional," and....well, fast forward a few years, and I'm back to doing what feels right to me: long hair! The longest I've had it is just barely past my sholders, and, thanks to what I know I will learn here, I hope to get to BSL. I have wanted long hair all my life.....my mother prefered me in short hair, my old coworkers thought long hair is not businesslike.......now, at 33, I'm finally going to do what I want to do -- for me!

All the articles are posts here have been very helpful, and I can't say enough how happy I am to have found this site again. I am just above shoulder-legnth now, and it is nice and healthy thanks to your help. (It also helps that my bf loves my hair, and is supportive of my efforts to keep it healthy and long!) :p

So I just wanted to say hi.....and thanks for keeping such a wonderful site!

cmnt831
January 28th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Welcome! :)

jivete
January 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Welcome to LHC! My hair was always just a little past shoulder until I came here, but not because I wanted it that way. If anything can help grow hair it's LHC.

Crazycatlady
January 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome! I'm new too and I really get lots of great tips here. My hair is just below my ears, so I have a long way to go. The support here at this site gives me new things to think about and keeps me from being tempted to go back for a short cut. Mine was super-short for 14+ yrs!! And what makes it a little difficult is knowing that I always got compliments on my short hair, "Oh, I wish I could wear my hair short like that." But like you, I think it's time to grow for a while.

Best of luck! :)

Kerynna
January 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi and welcome! That's pretty much the reason that brought me here, too. I am 45, and my hair was not quite bra strap length last year when I joined LHC. Now it is very verrrrry close to waist!

It's cool having very long hair for the first time in my life. :cheese:

elina333
January 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Hello and welcome! Im happy to hear that you've decided to go long! And this is def the right place to be while waiting ;)