PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Sighting!

heynormy
January 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
OMG!! My archaeology teacher has waist length hair that is all white! It is the best thing I have ever seen (hair wise)! It's what I aspire to have when I go grey!:D
Maybe she is a member here! Or maybe not..she tends to flip her hair wildly and wears it down so it catches on her sweater!! Either way it looks like it's in great condition and maybe if i don't come off as a weirdo, I'll ask her more about her hair!!:cheese:

BelleBot
January 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Wow that sounds awesome. I'd love to have long white hair when I'm older. It's so rare to see older women who've kept their hair long.

dmitri
January 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Long white hair is nice... makes me think of Hinoto from the manga/anime called "X". But yeah... it is rare for older to women to have hair of any real length. I've always thought that odd.

--D

heynormy
January 27th, 2010, 04:09 PM
It amazing!! I can't get over it! She seems like she is the kinda person that doesn't follow the trend of chopping your hair off when you get to a certain age. pffftt!! I plan on growing my hair for as long as it can go!

Fractalsofhair
January 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That is awesome! She could be a member here. If you're not sitting on your hair, or your hair isn't so easily damaged as to need to be worn up and for some odd reason, you don't want hairtoys... Wearing it down can make sense looks wise.

I hope to get pure white hair when I'm older, but my hair is changing color(blonde to black... We'll see how much of it turns.) so if it's like the rest of my family's, the closest I'll get is salt and pepper, when I'm VERY old. I'll probably get "steel"(Dark gray... It's lovely though!) hair for my old age.

LadyVictoria
January 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I am prematurely graying and I am lucky that the women in my family go snow white. I love my snowy strands... I also love that my gray hairs are twice as thick as my regular hair. Finally, I will have thick hair! Haha.

My moms has the most beautiful long, white hair. One day mine will be the same.

AmaboTe
January 28th, 2010, 10:54 AM
wow! I would love to have that when I'm older!

My mom doesn't dye her hair either but its salt and pepper so thats probably what I will look like.

Hay22
January 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
That sounds amazing! I hope to have hair like that... eventually. :p All of the grays I've had (and pulled) have been bright white. These whites have been upping their game, though, as I've pulled 3 in the past week, so this will probably happen sooner rather than later.

Little_Bird
January 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
So that's a constant hair sighting for you! I would stare at her hair during all the class I'm sure :lol:

I remember having a long haired teacher in 7th grade, but I think it wasn't very well cared for...

Bunnicula
January 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I always wonder why older women tend to chop off their hair too... My mom did because hers was thinning (a bad omen for me) and she wanted to make it more fluffy I guess. However, I often see this woman at the university with super long grey hair with white streaks. She wears it in pretty updos and it looks shiny. I hope to have hair like that when I'm older!

Beets
January 28th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I was a teacher for a while, of college students and then adolescents, and kids always talked to me about my hair. I think you kind of know as a teacher that since you're up there in front of people for hours at a time, they're going to notice things about you, and if you're halfway accessible, they'll tell you what they see!

But when I was in college myself, I had an instructor with mostly white hair mid-back hair, and she wore it in these great Victorian type buns.

heynormy
January 28th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Too bad the class is only on Mondays and Wednesdays!! I find myself concentrating more on her hair than the lecture! :D
My mom has thick tailbone length hair, which she dyes of course, but my grandmother on my mom's side had white hair, so maybe I have a possibility! I kind of doubt it, my hair is very dark brown almost black so I'm guessing that I will have a steel grey color..which is equally as cool!