PDA

View Full Version : Short hair days

BelleBot
January 27th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Anyone else have short hair days? When you look at your hair or look in the mirror and it feels like your hair is really short and you think "nooo, where's my length, it's shrinking!":wail:

I'm having one of those today. I've spent a lot of time on my hair today (bored at an induction day for work) and now it seems so short. I guess I keep comparing it to my goal length and just envious of the longer hair on here. :roll:
I have to keep reminding myself my hair is long and it is growing by looking at old pics.

I was waist length this time last year, now I'm tailbone, so it must be growing. But it feels like my hair's not growing at all. Anyone else get like this?

chaoticwaves
January 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I have days like that. In fact, more days than not I feel my hair is shorter LOL. :rolleyes: Your hair looks so pretty in your avatar!

Dani
January 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Shaddup. ;)

:D

jojo
January 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I am having one of those days today, despite having it up for the last week, it still feels too short, yet other days it feels really long!!!

Sissy
January 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM
yeah, I've been feeling that way a lot lately, because I had a New Year's trim and lost a couple inches!

Naamah
January 27th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I've been feeling like this ever since I trimmed a few inches off a couple weeks ago. It was badly needed, I'm trying to grow out dye and damage. But now my hair feels so short every time I look at it. :(

Afternoonrain
January 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
YOUR HAIR is beautiful! THAT is the color I wanted out of henna...

ericthegreat
January 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I don't even remember my hair ever being short. :D

klcqtee
January 27th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yup, I'm having one of those days. It seemed like it was getting so long (three hairs reach BSL!), but when I look at it, I barely look like I'm APL!

Fractalsofhair
January 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I can feel like that if I have a head band on, or if my hair has dried in my sight!

Sprigs
January 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I get this quite a lot, and sometimes it feels like my hair has shrunk :(

FrannyG
January 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I used to have "short hair days" the first time I started growing my hair on LHC, but oddly, even though I'm back at square one and still a long way from my final goal, I never get those feelings anymore.

Maybe it's a been there, done that thing for me. :shrug:

katydid317
January 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I feel like that a lot lately...But it's because I chopped a bunch off just before Halloween and it's driving me nuts now all of a sudden. It feels like it'll be forever before it's long enough to use my hair forks again.

akilina
January 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Geez I feel that way all the time and my hair is only a little past apl.

truwave
January 27th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Totally, especially those crazy short layers that just never catch up!

BelleBot
January 27th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I hate old layers. Though I can't bear to trim my hair so they blend in more. Just catch up please! :-p

sherigayle
January 27th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yes! I trimmed off about a half inch and now it feels so short. It feels great having those bad ends off, but they were straighter and now my hair curls up more and looks shorter. I love my curls but that is really annoying.

AnitaThorn
January 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I feel like that a lot! I see a picture or someone in person who has long hair, and I think, "Aww, my hair is so short. :(" even though it's not. But then, I look at pictures from 3-4 years ago, when my hair was chin length, and I say, "Oh...right...my hair is a lot longer than that, now." :D

RocketDog
January 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I just wear my hair up so I can't think about how long or short it is. Hard to fuss over it when it's in a cinnabun ;)

eternallyverdan
January 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Well, not short hair days per se :p, but some days it does feel shorter than others, which is a bit discouraging.

treesandcoffee
January 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM
All the time. Lately though I have been having "long haired days". Even though it's a rather lengthy APL, its been feeling extra long lately. I think the cold dry air has caused my curl to stretch to 2C/3A rather than the usual 3A-3C. When it gets humid again, the short hair days will be back, along with the frizz hair days, the big hair days, and the dry hair days!

xoxophelia
January 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I hate old layers. Though I can't bear to trim my hair so they blend in more. Just catch up please! :-p

Same here. I have some old layers in the front maybe just a touch longer than the ones you have in your avatar. They used to be bangs.. Because my mair is shorter in the front, I feel like that a lot.

I saw Epica last night and just kept thinking.. "ugh.. it is going to be awhile until I get the length I want".. Simone's hair was longer than mine but shorter than my long term goal.

Gumball
January 27th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I almost never have those days, but my philosophy has always been to not pay super close attention to growth/length. I'm always surprised when I happen to hit a new marker and get the "oh ho!" reaction. That's helped by my always wearing my hair up so I don't pay much attention to length anyway. Before my recent half-inch trim I was, when wet and stretched, just shy of tailbone. Now I'm just shy of just shy. :D I just make the most of wherever I'm at!

juliaxena
January 28th, 2010, 01:23 AM
No, I don't.

(I wish someone with a pixie cut wrote this. It's a joke btw lol)

Starr
January 28th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Only when I wear my hair down and curly (shrinkage galore). . .but since I rarely do that, I rarely feel like my hair is too short.

Toadstool
January 28th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Mine are real;)

treesandcoffee
January 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
No, I don't.

(I wish someone with a pixie cut wrote this. It's a joke btw lol)
I think its funny that the OP has tailbone length hair! I know, everyone has short haired days! BUT since the OP is basically at my goal length, I find it ironic! I was expecting someone at APL and above! :D

Medievalmaniac
January 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I'm having a short hair day today, actually. Technically, of course, I know that my hair isn't getting shorter, but it seems like it. I think I'm paying too much attention to it lately, and need to just stop and let it grow some before worrying about another length shot, lol It's frustrating to imagine that it's not just growing away back there, even when you "know" it is and you're just imagining it's not!

LaurelSpring
January 28th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I have these days all of the time! I am still grieving the couple of inches that I took off in August. I wish I never did that! Some days I think its long and then other days it feels so darn short in comparison to where I want to be.

juliaxena
January 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I think its funny that the OP has tailbone length hair! I know, everyone has short haired days! BUT since the OP is basically at my goal length, I find it ironic! I was expecting someone at APL and above! :D

Me for example? Lol. Ladies, count your blessings they say.