PDA

View Full Version : My hair curling method

Clarisse
January 27th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I don't know if this is a new thing or not - I'm probably not the first one to invent this method, but I thought I'd like to share it, as I haven't seen it mentioned else where.

My hair gets spiral curls after being washed and in rain/snow, but brushing my hair kills the curls. I know that some people quit brushing, but I have been searching for non-damaging ways to fake my natural curl pattern, without washing my hair everyday. Washing my hair every day makes it rather dry and split-prone.

The problem with french braid waves is, that the end part, below the elastic, is stick straight when the rest is wavy/curly, and the the waves look crimped.

Rag curls ends up tighter at the bottom than at the scalp, which looks rather unnatural, and it is tricky and messy to do them.

I've found out that frenchbraiding my hair and then rag curling the braid the way you would tie up one curl, when rag curling hair, gives a super natural look. :)

Has anyone else tried this?

JenniferNoel
January 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Ooh, I may have to give that method a try. It sounds like it should work pretty well!

My hair's curl/wave pattern is extremely sensitive to any kind of combing/brushing, and when I don't comb after showers, it comes out different every time, which is why I still have trouble determining it's texture.

*lurks*

lapushka
January 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Torrin has long had a tutorial up on this method of curling your braid tassel to achieve a sleeker look and more natural waves. Here's the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4

Clarisse
January 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
JenniferNoel - that sounds a lot like the way my hair behaves too!

lapushka - it looks very similar to my method - I frenchbraid the hair, roll the entire braid, and I don't use that fancy paper stuff, but the idea is very similar. It looks as though she has a lot of good hair videos, actually... I think I'll have to check them out! :P

halo_tightens
January 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Torrin has long had a tutorial up on this method of curling your braid tassel to achieve a sleeker look and more natural waves. Here's the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4

I've been doing this lately, with wonderful results! The braid waves together with the curled ends really do look natural, and much more consistent than my usual unpredictable waves. :)

heynormy
January 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
My hair might be too short for this, but in the future I will be sure to try this!