PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe Buffet / Lisa Kudrow (looking for a how to site?)

joyinc
April 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Is there a site anywhere on the net that shows how to's of Phoebe's different hairstyles on the show "friends"? I love the quirky ways that she wears her hair, but have NO clue how to do them.

I searched, but couldnt find anything, so I thought that I would ask here.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

wendyg
April 29th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Try spelling the character's name right and you'll probably have more luck: Buffay.

wg

joyinc
April 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
lol... thats weird... tons of stuff came up the first time with the wrong spelling. i'll try that!

mellie
April 29th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I love her character's hair! Let me know if you find a good site!

What's funny, too, is now the other characters' hairstyles seem so dated, but hers is still hip!

Leisha
April 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
In the subtitles we get over here, it used to be spelled "Buffet" in the first couple of series and then it changed to "Buffay" if I'm not mistaken. Weird :) so anyway I'm not that surprised that you get a lot of results with the first way of spelling as well.

I'm a huge Friends fan :D and at one point I was sort of planning to watch all 10 series (I have them on DVD) and make an inventory of all of Phoebe's hairstyles :) they're often quite creative! I haven't got round to doing it yet though :lol:

noelgirl
April 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I think that a lot of her styles were achieved with extensions and wigs - there was a period of time when her own hair was pretty short.

anna1850
April 29th, 2008, 03:10 PM
It's funny I tried googling and I found a whole site dedicated to Rachel's hair (http://www.jenniferanistonhairstyles.com/) but nothing for Phoebe.

I think you'd find more searches leaving out the Buffet/Buffay thing and just try search for "Phoebe Friends" or "Lisa Kudrow" but I've had no luck.

wendyg
April 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Well, "the Rachel" was a very big deal at the time (and Aniston, who has lovely long hair these days, looked pretty cute in it).

As for Kudrow, given that her natural hair color is dark brunette, I'm surprised to see so many fans of her hair. It *was* nice in the first couple of seasons, but later in the series the extensive bleaching really took its toll, and the last year or two I thought it looked pretty awful.

wg

joyinc
April 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
i havent been able to find anything :(

aglaiah
April 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes I was also always admiring her hairstyles, its surprising that its not her own hair color as it fits her so well!