PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy hair?

Sammich
January 27th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I was wondering because, in the morning it seems my hair is err, sleepy and more rough(I mean tangly too but that is obvious). Unless it is from all the fabric rubbing my hair at night...?
But it becomes WAY softer later in the day. o.o Or is it my senses, e.g touch that still needs to wake up?
I just have a curious feeling that hair sleeps because it needs to wake up? Hah, I know hair is dead matter but does anyone else have this, or am I just paranoid? :p

jera
January 27th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I was wondering because, in the morning it seems my hair is err, sleepy and more rough(I mean tangly too but that is obvious). Unless it is from all the fabric rubbing my hair at night...?
But it becomes WAY softer later in the day. o.o Or is it my senses, e.g touch that still needs to wake up?
I just have a curious feeling that hair sleeps because it needs to wake up? Hah, I know hair is dead matter but does anyone else have this, or am I just paranoid? :p

I have bedhead too. :( It got a lot smoother when I started taking biotin. Is your hair dry? Do you take hair vitamins? Biotin might help ya. :p

Sammich
January 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I have bedhead too. :( It got a lot smoother when I started taking biotin. Is your hair dry? Do you take hair vitamins? Biotin might help ya. :p

No, not bedhead. It's just it seems like the ROOTS affect er... the hair eventhough the hair is meant to be dead?
I was just wondering if this happened to everoyne else too. I mean, if their hair becomes softer throughout the day. My hair seems very rough when I get up, even after I comb it. :p

I do take MULTI-vitamins and my hair is a mixture of dry and oily, I tend to get dry ends and an oily scalp. :o

mellie89
January 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I know what you mean. My hair is a wreck in the morning, even when I French braid it before bed. It takes a few hours to settle down and start looking nice. Usually by lunchtime it's laying right and feels soft and full.

pepperminttea
January 28th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I get this pretty badly too; it always seems rougher, a little matted even, in the mornings. I thought it must be my cotton pillowcases, so I'm planning to switch to silk when money allows (a silkcap would never stay on; I'm a restless sleeper). I'll be watching this thread to see if any other ideas come up! :)

Sammich
January 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I get this pretty badly too; it always seems rougher, a little matted even, in the mornings. I thought it must be my cotton pillowcases, so I'm planning to switch to silk when money allows (a silkcap would never stay on; I'm a restless sleeper). I'll be watching this thread to see if any other ideas come up! :)

Yeah, I agree totally... could you keep me updated on when you get the silk pillowcase? I really would like to see if this makes a difference, because it really does get awful in the morning! :) I have the weirdest thought that your hair just needs to adjust and wake up when you wake up too. Lol! :p

I know what you mean. My hair is a wreck in the morning, even when I French braid it before bed. It takes a few hours to settle down and start looking nice. Usually by lunchtime it's laying right and feels soft and full.

Yeah, I mean when I braid my hair during the afternoon and let it out at night it's sooo soft, but when I braid my hair before bed and wake up and unbraid it... it is soft but it doesn't seem as soft as later on in the day? It's not bedhead or anything, I can definately tell if it's bedhead. ;)

enfys
January 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I think I know what you mean; if I brush my hair in the morning when I get up it doesn't brush as easily as if I go to work with it unbrushed and leave it until later.

I wonder if it is me really and I have to wake up myself before I handle my hair...

Little_Bird
January 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
:lol:

I totally understand you! My hair always feels smoother and softer at night too... I guess it's just what you said... the rubbing in the pillow and sheets just make it messier and tangly, so I think it's natural that it will feel rougher...

But it's such fun to think it actually is asleep hehe... :flower:

Anje
January 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe your pillowcase is pulling oils off your hair?

Sammich
January 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I think I know what you mean; if I brush my hair in the morning when I get up it doesn't brush as easily as if I go to work with it unbrushed and leave it until later.

I wonder if it is me really and I have to wake up myself before I handle my hair...

Yes, Lol! I've thought the same, I've thought... "Perhaps it's my touch sense, maybe I don't have the sense of feeling things soft in the morning..?"

:lol:

I totally understand you! My hair always feels smoother and softer at night too... I guess it's just what you said... the rubbing in the pillow and sheets just make it messier and tangly, so I think it's natural that it will feel rougher...

But it's such fun to think it actually is asleep hehe... :flower:

Yes indeedy it is! :D It makes sense in my mind! ;) :cheese:

I doubt itt, my hair does feel dry in the morning but it's strange how it regains moisture somehow without adding anything. :p

jera
January 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Can that happen? :confused: I tried a satin pillowcase to smooth my hair but ended up worse off cuz the satin made my scalp sweat which made my hair wet. Then it would dry in weird ways as I shifted posisiotns throughout the night. I had to get rid of the satin pillowcase. :o