PDA

View Full Version : Hair isn't behaving lately

coscass
January 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know what's going on, I don't know if it's just gotten to a length where I can't seem to do anything with it, or what.I love doing braids, and half-up-half-down dos, but it seems impossible to get my fingers through my thick, curly hair, without making a huge frizzfest.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, and it's better than it's been in years, but I feel like I'm missing something. I wear it down most days, or up in a clip, and in a braid when I sleep. Lately it just seems so ...tangly. I clarified a few days ago, and I'm not even using product right now.

Even when I CO in the shower, something feels like it's missing. I used to have no problem scrubbing my scalp, but now it seems like no matter how much conditioner I use, I can't get a good scrub going.

Any ideas, or am I just kinda stuck and have to figure out something on my own?

redneckprincess
January 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM
you could try clarifying and follow up with a SMT.. always works for me

Monsterkitti
January 27th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Yep if you havent clarified for a while I'd try that first :) If my hair is a bit off a clarify and a deep treatment usually help heaps.

FrannyG
January 27th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I'm a 1a/f/ii, so my hair is so much different than yours. However, I go through periods just as you've described too, especially when my hair was longer.

My first thought on reading your post was to clarify and do a deep treatment. My second thought was that perhaps a teeny tiny trim (like 1/4-1/2 inch) might help. I don't know if you're a trimmer or not, but many of us feel much better after having a small trim.

Good luck with it. I know those awkward times can be a bummer, but you'll get past it.