PDA

View Full Version : Favorite DT

Sabayon
January 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM
So I wanted to know what is everyone's favorite deep treatment?

I'm looking for a good one and thought the best way would be to just ask everyone at the LHC what you all like.:D

Twil
January 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I've been experimenting on and off, almost all drugstore brands has mineral oil/cone heavy/a lot of stuff my hair doesn't like.

I created a chocolate Dt that I liked, but was a bit to smellly from me. Right now i have shea butter and olive oil in my hair.

Katze
January 26th, 2010, 02:38 AM
SMT hands down. With pure aloe (not gel) and a natural conditioner.

SMT SAVED my hair and made my scalp much, much healthier, IMO.

Tovah
January 26th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Ojon saved my hair.

Fayjoi
January 26th, 2010, 05:13 AM
First heavy oiling for at least a few hours, and then a SMT (also for 1 or 2 hours) , wich I use as a CO to get the oil out.

Red_Head_Reader
January 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I love the deep conditioning routine I've been doing lately. I shampoo and wash my hair, then I put a mix of pre-heated honey, shea butter, coconut oil, Suave coconut conditioner, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner, and also the 3 minute treatment from the same Garnier Fructis line. I don't really have measurements for the whole thing, but usually it it ends up so that that half of the total mix equals the honey, shea butter, and coconut oil, and the other half is all of the conditioners. Put a plastic bag over it, heat it up a little with the blow dryer, put a towel over the plastic bag, and then let it sit for a few hours, then I wash it out. My hair feels great afterwards :love:

Airisuu
January 29th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Ojon if I'm in a hurry and don't want to fuss, and SMT if I have several hours to spend pampering my hair.

3azza
January 29th, 2010, 08:16 AM
henna .... or olive oil :)

peachrose
January 29th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Olive oil soak in the steam room. I don't get to do it that often but it really softens my hair.

Spike
January 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
SMT with a little coconut oil and using Sally's Niox as the conditioner. Thankd to redneckprincess for posting that combo to the Mane Forum. < waves >

Kristin
January 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Coconut oil or SMT (with a bit of coconut or jojoba added, and minus the aloe)

Olde Soul
January 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Thus far, SMT. Oil treatments seem to be too heavy for my hair, so this works great.

Druid of Alba
January 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
What's SMT?

Aeon F.
January 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
What's SMT?

"Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment"- a member here (snowymoon) created it- it's wonderful!!!!

See instructions/thread here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

Queen Olympias
February 3rd, 2010, 06:11 AM
SMT is the best I have tried so far. And, since it seems to be working, I do not feel the need to try anything else. I use coconut oil after washes (on wet/damp hair) and before I go to sleep, which helps maintain the moisture. Of all of the methods I have learned on LHC thus far, SMT and coconut oil have had the most effective results for my hair.

redneckprincess
February 3rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
deffinetly SMT...but Iam working on tweeking it to meet MY specifications...is it still a SMT or can I now call it a RP-SMT....(ehhh, or something)

curlycrown
February 4th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I love how my hair feels when i mix evoo, honey, mayo(full fat), and an egg and let that sit in my hair under a plastic cap for an hour. then cowash with suave coconut.