PDA

View Full Version : *Gave in to Highlight temptation*

*girlypearl*
January 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM
So... since I cut my hair 1 month ago it has grown about an inch. I don't want to post pics yet, as I would like to see more noticeable growth first. But anyway... to make my growing out back to BSL a little bit easier, I opted for baby blonde highlights. Very subtle, and thin, but just enough added spice to take my mind off the fact that I cut my BSL to neck~length bob in the first place :( My hairdresser did such a beautiful job. I have medium brown hair and the contrast adds such dimension to the style cut and me some sanity while it grows. So... just thought I would share with my fellow growers, as we all need to curve our focus so that we may have some patience. For an added bonus, my husband loves it!! Thanks for listening!!
*Happy Growing*

akilina
January 25th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Aw hey don't feel so bad...A month ago I had..basically..really dark brown black hair. My natural hair is very very light blond and I'm wanting to grow out my color since i havent seen my natural hair color-all me- in maybe 5 or more years. What I did was I got caramel and light blond and brown highlights in it so as my natural color grows in it wont be a hideous line of roots. This way my new hair can blend with the color. I'm wanting to reach BSL.

prosperina
January 25th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I hope this has cheered you up about your hair. I know what it's like to go from BSL to chin, and I totally regretted it later. It's such a shock!

JenniferNoel
January 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Well hey, I hope the highlights made you feel way better, I've been there/done that with the whole BSL-to-chin experience, and I made the best of every length stage as it grew. I used lots of funky colored clip in extension strips and other fun things to help me keep my sanity as it grew, and the less you think about the length, the faster it seems to grow. :p
Enjoy the shortness experience while it's there. Your hair will be back to BSL and beyond in no time.

Xandergrammy
January 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
You don't need growth to post pictures. We like to see all pictures of all hair. :flowers:

Francoise1606
January 26th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry that you regret cutting your hair :( But I'm happy that you had such beautiful highlights done. I would love to see pictures too :)

FrannyG
January 26th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I'm happy that you've done something to help cheer you up on your growing path. Just be good to your hair, and it will be fine. :flowers:

I'd really love to see some photos. :) We have a lot of people here with hair a lot shorter than yours who show off their lovely pictures. It makes following the growth process that much more fun. :hollie: <--------me cheering you on to take regular photos

Carolyn
January 26th, 2010, 06:07 AM
It's OK to get high lights. Just take extra good care of your hair and you should be fine. There are some of us who high light and still grow long. The main thing is to enjoy your hair and have fun with it.

rosyaddie
January 26th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I think that's awesome for you. As long as you're taking good care of your hair you should be fine. I have pink streaks but I don't find them dry at all.

jojo
January 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I have highlights and my hair grows just fine, just need to make sure you do lots of conditionings and it will be fine.

I am happy your happy with it!

*girlypearl*
February 18th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I appreciate all the understanding. I just had to come up with something that made me focus *LESS* (if that's possible) on my short hair while I am growing it out and so, I thought adding a few highlights would spice things up a bit. I will definitely take pictures soon and post them. Thanks again for the support everyone!
*Happy Growing*