PDA

View Full Version : New no poo lurker

jivete
April 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I found this site after going poo free and have already picked up so many great tips.

My family is blessed with fine, very fragile hair that has a difficult time getting past APL. I've never done much to style my hair, but I was a daily washer, a lover of 'cones, a twirler and a box dye-er. I discovered no poo about 2 months ago and then this site while researching different no poo methods.

By ditching shampoo my head itches less, I lose less hair, I don't have to wash nearly as much, my hair seems stronger and my mostly straight hair has become pretty wavy, so much so that I feel like I'm in between 2b and 2c.

So the ultimate goal is a healthy BSL. Current goal is to keep my hair up 90% of the time and no trims until August. Normally my hair starts to self trim after 2 months, so fingers crossed the gentler regime will help. Oh and I've quit with the box dye. I did hendigo my hair a week ago and love it.

This is a great site with lots of wonderful and inspirational information. For the first time in my life I actually feel like I might get to that elusive BSL.

Euphony
April 28th, 2008, 02:44 PM
<SQUEEE> Doesn't it just feel wonderful to find something that works and have hair that is nothing like you ever had before!?! Before LHC I figured my hair wouldn't grow past bsl, that's the longest it had ever been, then it would break and that was that.

Oh and ~WELCOME~ hahaha I was so excited to read your excited post I didn't think about saying welcome.

As I'm sure you already know, there is wonderful information here, and wonderful people.

Lamb
April 28th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome!

I found this site after going poo free
:lol: So now you are potty trained? ;) Just kidding! :p

My family is blessed with fine, very fragile hair that has a difficult time getting past APL.
That sounds a lot like my family - you can beat genetics by knowledge! I'm still working on it.

Glad you have joined, see you around!

amaiaisabella
April 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Congrats! You have a shorter way to go than me but we are both "blessed" with the same type of fragile hair.

I am new but have already been helped so much, and I am glad you have too! :)

hazelfaern
April 29th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Hey! I just joined up, today, after lurking for ages and spied your comment title and thought... wait a second, I thought *I* was the no poo lurker! (I've been shampoo-less for about two years, now)

Anyhoo, nice to know I'm in good company! :)