PDA

View Full Version : Daily Wear Updos Mosaic

Tresses
January 25th, 2010, 01:51 PM
On September 25, 2009, I began posting a photo in my blog of how I wear my hair every day, almost exclusively updos. I was playing around in Photobucket today and came up with this, some of my favorites from the past 4 months. The last 3 photos in the bottom row are repeats. (There are 64 slides, but when I gave it 64 photos, PB bumped the mosaic up to 81 slides, which meant more repeats. :suspect:)

I posted this in my blog today and was encouraged by a couple of people to post it on the Mane Forum. Run your mouse over the tiles and a slide will pop up with the date and name of the bun at the bottom of the mosaic. I think the tiles themselves look pretty cool. :)

:: plays around with Photobucket link ::

Well...it seems that our LHC blogs will accept code that the boards won't. :( So, you can either go to my blogpost (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=63251) to see the mosaic or click on the picture below to be taken to photobucket to see it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/Daily%20Updos/th_012510Figure81a.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/Daily%20Updos/?action=view&current=7fd9d48d.pbw)

(http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/Daily%20Updos/?action=view&current=7fd9d48d.pbw)

Little_Bird
January 25th, 2010, 03:08 PM
That mosaic looks beautyfull!! So inspiring :D Thank's so much for sharing, it really does look beautyfull! :flower:

CelinaStarr
January 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I really like the mosaic. Nice job.

cmnt831
January 25th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Wow! Good job on the mosaic and the beautiful updos :).

NiAosSi
January 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh, nice job on the mosaic and updos. I always love seeing your daily updo pictures on your blog. Maybe, I should comment. :o :)

Carolyn
January 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I've enjoyed seeing all your styles and hair toys. It kind of reminds me of Avrilon's siggy pic over at the loom where she comments about how can long hair be boring or something to that effect. Your collection of hair toys is amazing.

RavennaNight
January 25th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Beautiful job, Tresses! I enjoy seeing your updos in your blog. You keep buns fun:)

celelu
January 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Woah, it's so beautiful! That's my dream updo size... And there are so many great ideas in there! Nice toys too!:cheese:

jasper
January 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Impressive variety! Makes me want to get more proficient at different do's.

Fairlight63
January 25th, 2010, 08:24 PM
They all look so good. You are so talented at updo's. I am all thumbs when trying to put in the Flexi-8's, Ficcares.

Beets
January 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
WOW!!! How FUN! And so BEAUTIFUL! I seriously liked every single style and every single hair toy. Thanks for sharing!

Masara
January 25th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I love looking at your daily wear blog and it's led me to quite a few new styles I didn't know before.
I can see me going back and back to your mosiac for inspiration.

Gumball
January 25th, 2010, 10:55 PM
That was really cool and very beautiful!

TheBlondeApple
January 26th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I've been enjoying your daily picture!
How cool to have an overview and be able to choose one to look closer.
Anja

pepperminttea
January 26th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Beautiful mosaic! I must learn how to do the celtic knot, and the wrapped bun, and... :o

rags
January 26th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I lOVE the mosaic! Your hair is so beautiful and you are so good at updos! I must confess, I am often a silent lurker on your blog just to see the daily styles. :o I love seeing all the different variations!

mugglemomof3
January 26th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Oh thank you! What a cool thing :cheese:

Pixna
January 26th, 2010, 09:28 AM
WOW!!! :thud:

Tresses, this is so creative and fun and beautiful!!! You are just too talented, my dear, which explains why I am all thumbs. You got all the updo genes!!! :wail:

Seriously, I am totally awestruck, not only with your updo skills but the beauty of your hair, your truly stunning buns, and your creativity in putting together this incredible mosaic! :bowtome:

enfys
January 26th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I loved that! Thank you so much; it must have been loads of work to put together!

I always enjoy looking at your blog seeing your daily wear; it's awesome seeing it all in one place too.

Kerynna
January 26th, 2010, 09:50 AM
That is seriously awesome. Very inspiring - it has me trying all kinds of new updos now!

Thank you!

yellowchariot
January 26th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Tresses, that is so amazing! Nice artwork in the form of hair! That's one of the coolest layouts I've ever seen!

I also use photobucket, so I'll have to check this feature out! :thumbsup:

lapushka
January 26th, 2010, 01:05 PM
That is amazing, and very inspiring! :thumbsup:

SimplyViki
January 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I know I already commented in your blog, but I can't get over how cool this is. :o I keep coming back to check out all the different updos you have done. I subscribed to the thread so I can find it again later, when I need to look for inspiration.

Tresses
January 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm so glad you all enjoyed that, and am honored to know that I've inspired people to try new updos. Thank you! :inlove: :grin:

I've enjoyed seeing all your styles and hair toys. It kind of reminds me of Avrilon's siggy pic over at the loom where she comments about how can long hair be boring or something to that effect. Your collection of hair toys is amazing.

I remember her siggy collage. I think it said, "Long hair ~ Anything but boring!" with all of those lovely updos. :thumbsup:

WOW!!! :thud:

Tresses, this is so creative and fun and beautiful!!! You are just too talented, my dear, which explains why I am all thumbs. You got all the updo genes!!! :wail:

You may not remember this, but back in the old LHL days, it took me a good 18 months of practice before I managed to do a simple cinnamon bun. I was so giddy, I made my husband take a pic so I could post it. :lol: Don't give up! The videos on youtube are very helpful. :)

Seriously, I am totally awestruck, not only with your updo skills but the beauty of your hair, your truly stunning buns, and your creativity in putting together this incredible mosaic! :bowtome:I do have a confession to make: I didn't choose the tiles for the mosaic. Photobucket did. I just chose the photos. I did choose the order, though. (I am half-tempted to go change one or two around, but I think I will leave well enough alone. ;))

FrannyG
January 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Oh, that is just stunning. :thud: Not only are the hairstyles all beautiful, but your array of hair accessories is lovely too. I agree that even the still mosaic is very pretty as well. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :blossom:

frizzinator
January 26th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Absolutely fabulous and very impressive. Your hair and accessories are perfect. I love all your accessories, but I'm really fond of those bi-colored quills because their color is lovely against your gorgeous hair.

charley27
January 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Thank you so much for posting these for some us new kids on the block can be inspired! I never knew long hair could be so interesting!

darkwaves
January 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
:cloud9:

What a great idea -- with great hair and toys.