PDA

View Full Version : Updo Help

missmagoo
January 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM
So, now that my hair is creeping towards BSL:cheese:, I am noticing that I'm having trouble making my former, favorite updos work for me. They are starting to feel heavy and pull out pretty quickly. I used to be able to sort of throw it all up into a messy cinnabun and have it stay with a fork or stick all day- now when I do that it's uncomfortable and falls out quickly.

I was leaving the house yesterday and it occured to me that it might be because it's longer now and I might need to change how I'm doing it. My problem is I like my buns to look like they have volume and some of the tighter styles (karenlynn knot for instance) make my bun looks so tiny. Any ideas?:eyebrows: I have a fork, a ficarre, and multiple sticks at my disposal.

cmnt831
January 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I'm certainly not an expert in this area, but Loepsie (sp?) on youtube had a way of doing sock buns that made the bun look voluminous and full. I've been meaning to try it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

khan
January 25th, 2010, 01:28 PM
What about a braid coiled into a bun? Still has volume, sticks would work & it stays all day.