PDA

View Full Version : how come I can't part my hair to the side?

lol21
January 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
My hair is sort of wavy, but not tight coils either , I have been parting my hair to the middle, with bangs in the front

but everytime I want to have my hair parted to the side, I get this one side looking way bigger then the other, its like a mountain haha, especially the day that my hair has not been showered

I want my hair to be slightly parted to my left,

sorta like Joe Jonas

http://photos.posh24.com/p/364267/l/joe_jonas/camilla_belle_and_joe_jonas_true_love.jpg

and Luis Fonsi

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2009+Latino+Inaugural+Gala+Arrivals+8pOB2e1DFHyl.j pg

,my hair is not at that length, but definitely enough to part.

anyone know what I can do?

Kaileida
January 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Keep practicing? Haha, sounds weird in regard to parts! But I had to train my hair to stay parted... also, comb it. A lot. It's the only way I could get mine to lay down and not be "mountainous."

JenniferNoel
January 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Your hair is probably trained to the middle, or it may just be where the crown of your head happens to "peak" - you can try wetting it, then combing it down, and keep practicing it until your hair is "trained" to one side. And when it gets longer it gets easier to manage. HTH!

jaine
January 24th, 2010, 08:34 PM
You could wet it, gel it, part it & comb it in the direction you want it to go, and let it dry hard. Then tussle it up after it's totally dry to take out the crunch. I used this method to part my hair on the opposite side and it helped a lot even though my hair is very persistent about where it wants to part.

blendedchaitea
January 24th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Your hair is probably trained to the middle, or it may just be where the crown of your head happens to "peak" - you can try wetting it, then combing it down, and keep practicing it until your hair is "trained" to one side. And when it gets longer it gets easier to manage. HTH!

Truth. The best way to retrain your scalp to a part is to comb it the way you like it while it's wet, and let it dry that way.

AmericanWoman
January 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Truth. The best way to retrain your scalp to a part is to comb it the way you like it while it's wet, and let it dry that way.

YEP. When I changed to a side part, it was after I washed it. It works much better.

lol21
January 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
YEP. When I changed to a side part, it was after I washed it. It works much better.

really did use a bit of gel?